Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
Or BC, LK, and Cata in that they had lots of sockets, though they weren't well-budgeted.

One thing WoD did well, I thought, was the way they did crafting (and I really didn't and don't like much about WoD, so I'm not saying this just because I think WoD was awesome or anything). A tuned version of that system, where crafters could make pieces for all slots and you could only equip three slots with crafted gear at a time would be ideal.

If people are concerned that absolute top of the line gear is too easy to get with this system (I don't think it is when you're limited in number of slots you can fill), just cap the ilevel of crafted gear 5-10 ilevels under mythic raid and high-key m+ gear.

The current system, where the top crafted gear is BoP and requires the disintegration of massive amounts of lesser gear and enough dungeon or raid runs that the odds of it being useful by the time you can make it are slim, is the worst I've seen.
imagine not having hundreds of expulsom stashed away lololol

Also, it's intentional that high ilevel crafted gear is prohibitive in the materials needed. like, duh.