Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Corruption is better than TFing because it gives agency back to the player when it comes to gearing. This was sorely missing from the game for two entire fucking expansions. Yes, some of the Corruption effects were OP on launch but they've since refocused and improved it. Each Corruption effect has its own unique purpose and the system does a fantastic job of keeping gear acquisition interesting (which was the initial purpose of TFing). They've also improved acquisition rates of Corrupted gear which is also a huge positive. Arguments about Corruption being "RNG on RNG" are incredibly surface level and entirely devoid of critical thought.
    If they really wanted to give agency back to players they'd create a range of useful and interesting enchants, likewise glyphs (but make those all cosmetic or for non-instanced content only and go wild with them). Then reintroduce reforging and/or gear with non-random sockets. Plenty of sockets (coloured, with socket bonuses, as they originally were), and actually cost them from the items' secondary stats budgets properly so they give power via flexibility, not just because they give free or near-free stats.

    This also makes three professions useful again. Add a healthy range of crafted pieces, perhaps as it was in WoD where you could only equip a certain number of pieces, but you could choose which slots, and that brings back the other crafting professions as well.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    If they really wanted to give agency back to players they'd create a range of useful and interesting enchants, likewise glyphs (but make those all cosmetic or for non-instanced content only and go wild with them). Then reintroduce reforging and/or gear with non-random sockets. Plenty of sockets (coloured, with socket bonuses, as they originally were), and actually cost them from the items' secondary stats budgets properly so they give power via flexibility, not just because they give free or near-free stats.

    This also makes three professions useful again. Add a healthy range of crafted pieces, perhaps as it was in WoD where you could only equip a certain number of pieces, but you could choose which slots, and that brings back the other crafting professions as well.
    Nah, power like that should be off drops, not the AH.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    If they really wanted to give agency back to players they'd create a range of useful and interesting enchants, likewise glyphs (but make those all cosmetic or for non-instanced content only and go wild with them). Then reintroduce reforging and/or gear with non-random sockets. Plenty of sockets (coloured, with socket bonuses, as they originally were), and actually cost them from the items' secondary stats budgets properly so they give power via flexibility, not just because they give free or near-free stats.

    This also makes three professions useful again. Add a healthy range of crafted pieces, perhaps as it was in WoD where you could only equip a certain number of pieces, but you could choose which slots, and that brings back the other crafting professions as well.
    So... MoP?

    I mean. I wouldn't complain but it's extremely unlikely Blizzard is just gonna say, "yeah fuck it. We're doing MoP again."

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    So this normally stems from the worst players in raid trying to put blame on the best players.
    Believe what you want, but I was doing mythic Shadhar in a half pug half guild run and in top 5 people by the number of hits by swirlys in p1 3 of them were healers... I'd swear healers have this mentality "I can stand in shit because I can always heal myself back", meanwhile the person kiting the blob dies because they didn't get any spot healing.

  5. #245
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    So... MoP?

    I mean. I wouldn't complain but it's extremely unlikely Blizzard is just gonna say, "yeah fuck it. We're doing MoP again."
    Or BC, LK, and Cata in that they had lots of sockets, though they weren't well-budgeted.

    One thing WoD did well, I thought, was the way they did crafting (and I really didn't and don't like much about WoD, so I'm not saying this just because I think WoD was awesome or anything). A tuned version of that system, where crafters could make pieces for all slots and you could only equip three slots with crafted gear at a time would be ideal.

    If people are concerned that absolute top of the line gear is too easy to get with this system (I don't think it is when you're limited in number of slots you can fill), just cap the ilevel of crafted gear 5-10 ilevels under mythic raid and high-key m+ gear.

    The current system, where the top crafted gear is BoP and requires the disintegration of massive amounts of lesser gear and enough dungeon or raid runs that the odds of it being useful by the time you can make it are slim, is the worst I've seen.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Or BC, LK, and Cata in that they had lots of sockets, though they weren't well-budgeted.

    One thing WoD did well, I thought, was the way they did crafting (and I really didn't and don't like much about WoD, so I'm not saying this just because I think WoD was awesome or anything). A tuned version of that system, where crafters could make pieces for all slots and you could only equip three slots with crafted gear at a time would be ideal.

    If people are concerned that absolute top of the line gear is too easy to get with this system (I don't think it is when you're limited in number of slots you can fill), just cap the ilevel of crafted gear 5-10 ilevels under mythic raid and high-key m+ gear.

    The current system, where the top crafted gear is BoP and requires the disintegration of massive amounts of lesser gear and enough dungeon or raid runs that the odds of it being useful by the time you can make it are slim, is the worst I've seen.
    imagine not having hundreds of expulsom stashed away lololol

    Also, it's intentional that high ilevel crafted gear is prohibitive in the materials needed. like, duh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •