Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    your job is to heal things efficiently and to dps when not. if you arent ooming and/or the player isnt dying then they are fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.
    only 1 of them does damage...
    the most basic one reduces your movement speed, the one most people will have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You say this like it's a new thing exclusive to corruption. People have been standing in things to not lose dps since the dawn of time, corruption changes nothing.
    yeaaaaahhhh this... i remember some bois who would stand in the saftey dance just to do more dps in wotlk.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It's a pretty toxic environment for healers right now, I don't envy the situation where personal responsibility is such a foreign concept among the masses.
    Why take responsibility when you can blame Blizzard instead? Better to keep being lazy. -.-

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers are not people though and they love suffering and pain.

It's simple enough

Most players are braindead DPS who whine when they don't get an advantage,and whine when they actually have to think
    Makes sense for Blizzard to cater to them

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post
    your job is to heal things efficiently and to dps when not. if you arent ooming and/or the player isnt dying then they are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why take responsibility when you can blame Blizzard instead? Better to keep being lazy. -.-
    Then you have DDs qq'ing all day long because it takes ages to find a tank, and now a healer as well, thanks to !@#$ty corruption. I'm certainly not healing anymore for randoms this patch, at least not until Weakauras clearly displays those idiots with 40+ corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Then you have DDs qq'ing all day long because it takes ages to find a tank, and now a healer as well, thanks to !@#$ty corruption. I'm certainly not healing anymore for randoms this patch, at least not until Weakauras clearly displays those idiots with 40+ corruption.
    you shouldnt be healing.

Don't be selfish guys...
    Put on all your corrupted gear and stand in shit so your healers can parse too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucrus View Post
    Don't be selfish guys...
    Put on all your corrupted gear and stand in shit so your healers can parse too.
    Anything would be, indeed, pretty fucking selfish.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post
    you shouldnt be healing.
    Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing, tyvm
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess it kinda does with the Eye Zones considering they can sometimes tick off one shot of damage plus buff before the graphic appears and if daft people don't move, cause unnecessary healing for the Healers. As for the Things from Beyond, screw that bs. It can randomly spawn under/right beside you giving you no time to run away and that's not fun for anyone. Really should be allowed a bit more breathing room with these effects to deal with them for how much damage they do at their lowest levels even.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I will add one more.
    Where is my mana? Ahhh dispelling slows!
    Dont dispell? Can i choose a debuff to dispell as a healer?

>.<

My biggest problem is that corruption represents a "hidden" difficulty for the healer that doesn't scale with content difficulty and isn't communicated. If there's enough corruption between the players a new healer entering a heroic dungeon could find himself overwhelmed without even knowing why. When I join an M+ the amount of damage I will have to heal vastly varies depending on what the corruption levels are, but that isn't reflected in how "hard" the dungeon is, so when I try to figure out "can I do a +5?" I can't calibrate my ability as a healer, because I've done a +5 on time, and then I did a +2 which was considerably harder because of the builds people chose to bring.

When I join a PUG I kind of vouch for my statistical ability to complete this content, and I cannot reliably do that anymore. So, even if (and that's a big if) I accept that I should just compensate as a healer for the corruption damage, I have no way to quantify how much that would be. It is as if the group finder just got changed to say "join a random level M+" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dgiakoum View Post
    My biggest problem is that corruption represents a "hidden" difficulty for the healer that doesn't scale with content difficulty and isn't communicated. If there's enough corruption between the players a new healer entering a heroic dungeon could find himself overwhelmed without even knowing why. When I join an M+ the amount of damage I will have to heal vastly varies depending on what the corruption levels are, but that isn't reflected in how "hard" the dungeon is, so when I try to figure out "can I do a +5?" I can't calibrate my ability as a healer, because I've done a +5 on time, and then I did a +2 which was considerably harder because of the builds people chose to bring.

When I join a PUG I kind of vouch for my statistical ability to complete this content, and I cannot reliably do that anymore. So, even if (and that's a big if) I accept that I should just compensate as a healer for the corruption damage, I have no way to quantify how much that would be. It is as if the group finder just got changed to say "join a random level M+" for me.
    If you're legitimately weighing the amount of damage Corrupted gear vs what M+ affixes do on their own, you're out of your mind. Just as an example, Burst on its own will do a magnitude of 20 to 30 times more damage than Corrupted gear. This "hidden difficulty" you speak of would only be relevant if your preferred method of healing involves turning your monitor off.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you're legitimately weighing the amount of damage Corrupted gear vs what M+ affixes do on their own, you're out of your mind. Just as an example, Burst on its own will do a magnitude of 20 to 30 times more damage than Corrupted gear. This "hidden difficulty" you speak of would only be relevant if your preferred method of healing involves turning your monitor off.
    You're referring to the damage not scaling, which is part of the problem. I understand that corruption damage is negligible on mid-high mythic dungeons, which only exacerbates the problem in the low end. Everyone gets used to "this damage is the healer's problem" but then when they take an alt to a +0 or +2 it IS a large chunk of the damage, THAT healer is probably not geared to handle it and to top it all off the alt has probably just gotten the cloak so it has very poor resistance.

You're referring to the damage not scaling, which is part of the problem. I understand that corruption damage is negligible on mid-high mythic dungeons, which only exacerbates the problem in the low end. Everyone gets used to "this damage is the healer's problem" but then when they take an alt to a +0 or +2 it IS a large chunk of the damage, THAT healer is probably not geared to handle it and to top it all off the alt has probably just gotten the cloak so it has very poor resistance.
    No. I'm not exaggerating anything. If anybody is exaggerating anything, it's you by pretending Corrupted gear is anything more than a very slight annoyance.

10+ Year Old Account

You make it sound like corruption is 50%~ of the groups damage taken.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like corruption is only annoying as a healer in pugs or groups without proper communication.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You make it sound like corruption is 50%~ of the groups damage taken.
    The only way I can reasonably see this happen is if you somehow manage to recruit 4 shitbrained players who are all rocking 60+ Corruption and none of them attempt to move out of the eye and intentionally facetank the spooky ghost dude. And even then I think you'd struggle to find Corrupted gear having a reasonable impact on your group's survivability. Yes, the Corrupted effects can (and will) spawn at inopportune times but these situations are few and far between and the cloak's on-use is designed to help remedy these unfortunate overlaps.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I understand how corruption works. I'll re-ask: How is that different than how pug/lfd dps usually act?

Edit:
    It's a rhetorical question: there is no difference.
    Look everyone, we found the super awesome cool guy who wants to derail.

The entire point is that people stand in things already, so adding a mechanic in low level activities which is exponentially worse increases strain on healers, which are already underrepresented because of toxic people like yourself.
    This isn't a hard concept to understand.