Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    On paper it should also keep you immune to those effects while active, but it doesn't work that way for some reason.
    One would also expect the bubble removing both slows, but that isn't the case either.

    I guess they messed it up while making the same hotfix that made the slow undispelable.
    The rule of thumb is that the list of things HoF works on is shorter than the list of things it doesn't work on but logically should.

  2. #142
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,753
    More like fuck everyone who wants to be able to compete outside of lucky draws. This game is going to shit.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If debuffs reduced the dps, then corruption would be literally worthless, and that would ruin the whole system.
    The zone from the eye could for example silence the player instead of doing damage. This way it would punish the dps and not the healer if they kept standing in the zone.

    I’m a Rogue, so personally I don’t mind the effect doing damage, but I think something like this where the corruption more directly punishes the dps would make sense. And it is still avoidable of course.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The zone from the eye could for example silence the player instead of doing damage. This way it would punish the dps and not the healer if they kept standing in the zone.

    I’m a Rogue, so personally I don’t mind the effect doing damage, but I think something like this where the corruption more directly punishes the dps would make sense. And it is still avoidable of course.
    because if all i got was silenced, i'd just run 150 corruption all the time.

    it's supposed to be something impactful to not just you, but the entire group.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    because if all i got was silenced, i'd just run 150 corruption all the time.

    it's supposed to be something impactful to not just you, but the entire group.
    It was just an example of something else than simply pure damage taken. The point is that it could be done in a meaningful way. A silence might not be the best example, but the concept could still work if it is punishing. Also remember that the size of the zone from the eye scales with corruption. So if you weren’t able to dps while being inside the zone it could be really punishing. 150 corruption would result in a giant circle.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It was just an example of something else than simply pure damage taken. The point is that it could be done in a meaningful way. A silence might not be the best example, but the concept could still work if it is punishing. Also remember that the size of the zone from the eye scales with corruption. So if you weren’t able to dps while being inside the zone it could be really punishing. 150 corruption would result in a giant circle.
    yeah.
    and it kills you.
    and your group says "take off corruption or we replace you"

  7. #147
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The zone from the eye could for example silence the player instead of doing damage. This way it would punish the dps and not the healer if they kept standing in the zone.

    I’m a Rogue, so personally I don’t mind the effect doing damage, but I think something like this where the corruption more directly punishes the dps would make sense. And it is still avoidable of course.
    Silence does not remove procs, it does not stop melee dps from doing massive damage, or class based classes doing tons.

    you could run like 200 corruption, do insane dps, the eye appears aaaand... nothing, cause your procs still proc, and your dots still tick, and your pet still hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    yeah.
    and it kills you.
    and your group says "take off corruption or we replace you"
    And that’s also fine. I was just brainstorming an example of an alternative. Silence was a bad example, I know that now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Silence does not remove procs, it does not stop melee dps from doing massive damage, or class based classes doing tons.

    you could run like 200 corruption, do insane dps, the eye appears aaaand... nothing, cause your procs still proc, and your dots still tick, and your pet still hits.
    It was just an example. Silence was a bad example. Don’t get caught up on the specific solution. The point is that they could make some effects which would hurt the damage output of the dps if they did not avoid the negative impact. But again it’s just an idea.

  9. #149
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And that’s also fine. I was just brainstorming an example of an alternative. Silence was a bad example, I know that now.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It was just an example. Silence was a bad example. Don’t get caught up on the specific solution. The point is that they could make some effects which would hurt the damage output of the dps if they did not avoid the negative impact. But again it’s just an idea.
    Like?
    Cause idk if you know, but corruoption also is for tanks and healers.
    So if it just reduced damage, well then the tank dont care, cause he has so much corruption he has like 100% versatility.
    if it reduces damage and healing, well dont care, such high survivability its fine.
    so on so forth, just having it deal damage is the best way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Like?
    Cause idk if you know, but corruoption also is for tanks and healers.
    So if it just reduced damage, well then the tank dont care, cause he has so much corruption he has like 100% versatility.
    if it reduces damage and healing, well dont care, such high survivability its fine.
    so on so forth, just having it deal damage is the best way to do it.
    Am I not allowed to air an idea as a concept without giving a bulletproof solution of how it is specially going to work in every situation?

  11. #151
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Am I not allowed to air an idea as a concept without giving a bulletproof solution of how it is specially going to work in every situation?
    Yes, but im saying its not that easy, and having it deal damage is the most universal way to have it effect all roles and players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  12. #152
    High Overlord Atraxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is it just me or does the entire burden of corruption just shift to the healer in group content, especially pug content? In your average LFD, DPS just want that insane spike damage and will stand eye zones, let Things hit them, etc.
    Nope that's just you, if they are wearing too much corruption they are basically inting on purpose. Its their job to know how much they can handle safely, let them die otherwise an call it a day.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

  13. #153
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    Nope that's just you, if they are wearing too much corruption they are basically inting on purpose. Its their job to know how much they can handle safely, let them die otherwise an call it a day.
    yeah our raid does not allow people to be above 40 unless they have a way to deal with the vision. like hunter feign death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, but im saying its not that easy, and having it deal damage is the most universal way to have it effect all roles and players.
    And I agree. But I think it’s still interesting to have an informal talk about alternative solutions. Being shot down right away for just stating a concept is very depressing.

  15. #155
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Have the eye zone and hits from the thing lower outgoing damage by 15%. Then they stop standing in the circle and avoid the thing.
    Actually a great idea.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post

    Only sometimes. But I also heal without complaining about extra damage, and tank without a stupid complex of “you pull, you tank”.
    This needs to be spoken from atop a very tall building. I thought this was a myth until I helped a friend in a baby +4 key. The tank, on 3 separate occasions in one run had the audacity to say "You pull it, you tank it"
    Bare in mind I was playing a 472 BM Hunter, so it's not like we were in danger; however this was the calibre of tank who as a brewmaster dies to bosses in Normal Nyalotha /shrug

    From all the logs I've read, the sweet spot for Tank corruption is 39 or less. For dps who can handle it, 59 or less.
    I've personally raided as high as 61, but it was only Heroic so it doesn't mean much.
    Never had a single healer complain about corruption, until Mythic Hivemind when someone died to a double tap of Thing from Beyond during darters. Happened once in 12 pulls of progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Look everyone, we found the super awesome cool guy who wants to derail.

    The entire point is that people stand in things already, so adding a mechanic in low level activities which is exponentially worse increases strain on healers, which are already underrepresented because of toxic people like yourself.
    This isn't a hard concept to understand.
    And what is your point? Healers have to heal? If you can't handle low mythic+ why are you wasting peoples time? Bads will be bad and they will take unavoidable damage. That is no different to any other time whether they have corruption or not. Getting angry about it will not change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And I agree. But I think it’s still interesting to have an informal talk about alternative solutions. Being shot down right away for just stating a concept is very depressing.
    I'd take it more as a hint that you're underestimating the scope of the problem if your concept is so easy to shoot down.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    The rule of thumb is that the list of things HoF works on is shorter than the list of things it doesn't work on but logically should.
    Dunno I was removing corruption slow with HOF both before and after the "healers can't dispel it" hotfix.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Silence does not remove procs, it does not stop melee dps from doing massive damage, or class based classes doing tons.

    you could run like 200 corruption, do insane dps, the eye appears aaaand... nothing, cause your procs still proc, and your dots still tick, and your pet still hits.
    I practiced 200 Corruption on a target dummy in Orgrimmar and the Eye was larger than the target dummy platform. I died horribly and a nearby Mage laughed at my tragedy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •