Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Corruption... AKA Screw Healers

    Is it just me or does the entire burden of corruption just shift to the healer in group content, especially pug content? In your average LFD, DPS just want that insane spike damage and will stand eye zones, let Things hit them, etc.

  2. #2
    No matter what mechanics are available, no matter what systems, what addons, or whatever is in place, incompetence will ALWAYS make healers jobs harder than it needs to be. And I say this primarily as someone who tanks and occassionally dps's. This will never change, nor will it ever change that people will blame everything else, rather than themselves.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

  3. #3
    Then they die, healers can't produce the healing output requirement in order to stand in a moderate corruption level eyeball on multiple people. In the end players won't run LFR anyway and players will continue to be stingy regarding any content that requires a certain level of management. Those players will have poor IO scores, they'll be talked to by guild leadership or removed, ect.

    I really wish you'd stop making these threads whining about non-problems that are already solved by how the community plays the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    5,624
    Why am I not surprised at DPS whores making everyone else's life harder, especially healers'. The same happened in Cata, when their well intentioned but completely misguided attempt at making dungeons harder meant, first and foremost, a MASSIVE nerf to all healers, except pallies lol. They just DS whenever there might be nerfs coming their way, or something

    Fortunately, that breed of retarded DD's becomes rarer and rarer the more you climb in the skill ladder. But this time, !#@$ is tougher than usual for beginner healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  5. #5
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.

  6. #6
    Warchief shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,020
    Have the eye zone and hits from the thing lower outgoing damage by 15%. Then they stop standing in the circle and avoid the thing.

  7. #7
    Thats exaxtly what i thought first sedond after ive read about the corruption. Whats more - today i can tell it is true. Some strategies on bosses just make it impossible to leave the circle (last boss in Tol Dagor hahahaha). GJ!

  8. #8
    You say this like it's a new thing exclusive to corruption. People have been standing in things to not lose dps since the dawn of time, corruption changes nothing.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is it just me or does the entire burden of corruption just shift to the healer in group content, especially pug content? In your average LFD, DPS just want that insane spike damage and will stand eye zones, let Things hit them, etc.
    This is not something exclusive to the corruption system. There's a reason why the meme goes by "get out of the fire" and not "get out of the void zone".
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This is not something exclusive to the corruption system. There's a reason why the meme goes by "get out of the fire" and not "get out of the void zone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You say this like it's a new thing exclusive to corruption. People have been standing in things to not lose dps since the dawn of time, corruption changes nothing.
    True but now it's not just 1 or 2 people standing in a boss's fire. It's like 1-2 people standing in boss's fire and then 3 additional personal fires and ghosts running at them for 20% of their hp it makes healing extremely annoying. It sucks because if you're just trying to do a pug dungeon or LFR wing, it's like you're mythic raiding if the group is dumb.

    In most heroic dungeons at this point a lot of boss mechanics can easily be healed through. One or two people just sitting in their void zone letting the buff stack.... not so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.
    Lol that's smart and actually would love to see that.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2020-01-30 at 06:57 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This is not something exclusive to the corruption system. There's a reason why the meme goes by "get out of the fire" and not "get out of the void zone".
    "stop standing in void zones" is almost as old.

  12. #12
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is it just me or does the entire burden of corruption just shift to the healer in group content, especially pug content? In your average LFD, DPS just want that insane spike damage and will stand eye zones, let Things hit them, etc.
    How is that different than how pug/lfd dps usually act?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    How is that different than how pug/lfd dps usually act?
    It's a force multiplier. If you heal a random dungeon with corrupted people who suck it's a stark difference. Most boss mechanics, particularly in a heroic dungeon, don't do much damage at this point in an expansion, but the corrupted gear can stack up quickly and actually be deadly.

    The way corruption should work is its each individual players responsibility because they're choosing to use that gear, don't shift the burden onto your healers.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2020-01-30 at 06:59 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    True but now it's not just 1 or 2 people standing in a boss's fire. It's like 1-2 people standing in boss's fire and then 3 additional personal fires and ghosts running at them for 20% of their hp it makes healing extremely annoying. It sucks because if you're just trying to do a pug dungeon or LFR wing, it's like you're mythic raiding if the group is dumb.

    In most heroic dungeons at this point a lot of boss mechanics can easily be healed through. One or two people just sitting in their void zone letting the buff stack.... not so much.
    You're missing the point.

    The point is that a lot of players (and dare I say, most of them) are dumb. So it doesn't matter if it's they're standing in just a single patch of fire, or if there's a spider's worth of eyes attacking you plus super-slow plus stalking void beast plus whatever. They will stand still and let themselves be damaged. Why?

    Because people are dumb.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're missing the point.

    The point is that a lot of players (and dare I say, most of them) are dumb. So it doesn't matter if it's they're standing in just a single patch of fire, or if there's a spider's worth of eyes attacking you plus super-slow plus stalking void beast plus whatever. They will stand still and let themselves be damaged. Why?

    Because people are dumb.
    It does matter because at this point in the expansion if you're running a heroic dungeon on a healer alt and a couple of people stand in a fire its easy to heal through that damage. The corrupted gear mechanics do massive damage if they're ignored. Those spirits hit people for like 20% of their hp. If the eye stacks up too much its deadly.

    Basically you're going from 1 boss mechanic that might hit 1 player that you can easily make up for by healing through vs the 1 boss mechanic + 4 other peoples' individual corruption mechanics that can be deadly.

  16. #16
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's a force multiplier. If you heal a random dungeon with corrupted people who suck it's a stark difference. Most boss mechanics, particularly in a heroic dungeon, don't do much damage at this point in an expansion, but the corrupted gear can stack up quickly and actually be deadly.

    The way corruption should work is its each individual players responsibility because they're choosing to use that gear, don't shift the burden onto your healers.
    I understand how corruption works. I'll re-ask: How is that different than how pug/lfd dps usually act?

    Edit:
    It's a rhetorical question: there is no difference.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In most heroic dungeons at this point a lot of boss mechanics can easily be healed through. One or two people just sitting in their void zone letting the buff stack.... not so much..
    The spawns aren't anywhere as often as you claim they are and the damage is easily healable but if it annoys you- let them die and learn who cares?

    If they die it's because they're bad, not because of corruption. Again, corruption changes nothing. Not sure why you're trying to make an issue that is as old as the MMO genre into another reason to start a "waaaaaaaah corruption is bad" post.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.
    So much this.

    I did leave feedback on the forums about having corruption doing damage would just punish healers and that debuffs lowering dps/knocking them back (think horrific Stormwind fire feet) / bomb (move out in 5s or you die) would be much better. Of course it was ignored.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I understand how corruption works. I'll re-ask: How is that different than how pug/lfd dps usually act?

    Edit:
    It's a rhetorical question: there is no difference.
    It's different in magnitude... obviously.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.
    I wanted to write the same thing. It's not like Blizzard could have made this a risk reward system purely on the basis of the thing people care about.. oh wait. It's just another case of tunnel-vision design by them..
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •