Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I understand how corruption works. I'll re-ask: How is that different than how pug/lfd dps usually act?

Edit:
    It's a rhetorical question: there is no difference.
    They and other greedy players might be acting the same, the amount of hardship this transfers over to other players is much higher and reached faster now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    So much this.

I did leave feedback on the forums about having corruption doing damage would just punish healers and that debuffs lowering dps/knocking them back (think horrific Stormwind fire feet) / bomb (move out in 5s or you die) would be much better. Of course it was ignored.
    Agree - Yeah they could even just make them get CC'd like fear or mind controlled (N'Zoth themed). As long as it's annoying to that player and doesn't just make it harder on other players. The healer role's responsibility is to keep people alive. So other peoples' corruption affects them. The job of damage dealers is to deal damage (and theoretically not die to stupid shit) but we all know they like meters so something that penalizes them in that way is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.
    Unfortunately thats not how it works with the players who would do that anyway. They will just stay in it and take the -50%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's different in magnitude... obviously.
    Of course that's obvious. I mean... fuck, come on: OF COURSE ITS OBVIOUS.

...not that that changes the nature of question.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does matter because at this point in the expansion if you're running a heroic dungeon on a healer alt and a couple of people stand in a fire its easy to heal through that damage. The corrupted gear mechanics do massive damage if they're ignored. Those spirits hit people for like 20% of their hp. If the eye stacks up too much its deadly.

Basically you're going from 1 boss mechanic that might hit 1 player that you can easily make up for by healing through vs the 1 boss mechanic + 4 other peoples' individual corruption mechanics that can be deadly.
    Again: you're missing the point.

All this 'corrupted' feature is doing is expose how dumb many, if not most players are regarding their surroundings and their own character.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Of course that's obvious. I mean... fuck, come on: OF COURSE ITS OBVIOUS.

...not that that changes the nature of question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again: you're missing the point.

All this 'corrupted' feature is doing is expose how dumb many, if not most players are regarding their surroundings and their own character.
    You're both missing the point of what I'm saying. They're taking much more damage... this just makes it harder on the healer when it ought to be a punishment for the individual choosing to wear the corrupted gear. (DPS penalty)

Prior to corrupted gear they took X damage. You could much more easily heal that damage... now they take X + Y damage, where Y is a) far more unpredictable and deadly, AND a personal illusion. That means I can't see what's going on and take preemptive measures. Example: I see someone in the path of a mechanic (about to get cleaved), and throw a HoT or shield on them. And the CORE important point b) where this is an opt-in system where an individual player makes a judgement call how much risk they want for their reward. However it's a damage taken based risk, which means in group content where there's a role whose primary responsibility is to heal damage taken, that burden is now shared or at worst completely shifts.

The above recommendations where if you stand in a void zone for 3+ seconds you get feared in place for 10 seconds, makes much more sense as it punishes their own particular role of damage dealing.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2020-01-30 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You say this like it's a new thing exclusive to corruption. People have been standing in things to not lose dps since the dawn of time, corruption changes nothing.
    I mean did the "standing in things" stop with the corruption thing though? I don't think DPS are saying "hey, since my healer has to heal through corruption, I will NOT stand in the fire to make his/her job easier". Especially the type that would stand in the fire in the first place...

Our healers are inspecting people, anyone above 40 corruption is getting a hard could shoulder right now until they're more geared.

Been running a bunch of keys, and I've run into a common theme: Tank (usually pally/DH for some reason) gets trucked and dies, tank blames healer and may rage quit eventually, death log shows killing blow on tank was Thing From Beyond while having an 8-stack of eye debuff.

I've yet to heal many keys this season, and it's mostly because of the crap I've seen from a DPS perspective while pugging. I've seen it while raiding, as well, where some geared person is God's greatest gift to your raid/group, and will turret while sitting in all mechanics... and now they'll sit in their corruption mechanics, too. Story is always the same: everyone else sucks, and it's the healer's fault for not keeping them alive, etc. It's a pretty toxic environment for healers right now, I don't envy the situation where personal responsibility is such a foreign concept among the masses.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    No matter what mechanics are available, no matter what systems, what addons, or whatever is in place, incompetence will ALWAYS make healers jobs harder than it needs to be. And I say this primarily as someone who tanks and occassionally dps's. This will never change, nor will it ever change that people will blame everything else, rather than themselves.
    Alternatively, unless you're pushing the world first mythic race, there isn't challenging content for healers.

You can stand in every mechanic on heroic if your healers aren't bad. (other than one-shots obviously)
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Maybe the game should add more mechanics where ignoring them nervs your dps. LIke 'get hit by this avoicable mechanic, take a 5% dps hit for a minute' or something. FFXIV has something similar where your're nerfed for a bit after getting a battle res. If dps are ignoring mechanics and taking damage just to push out more dps, incentivise doing the mechanics by nerfing their dps if they don't.

8.3's theme is "take more damage to do more damage!" Unless healers got a LOT more healing in 8.3...they fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Our healers are inspecting people, anyone above 40 corruption is getting a hard could shoulder right now until they're more geared.
    Is there any way to do that via ERT or a Weak Aura ? Just ran a basic SotS with a 60+ corrupted dps that was basicaly useless. Would have loved to spot him before the pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're both missing the point of what I'm saying. They're taking much more damage... this just makes it harder on the healer when it ought to be a punishment for the individual choosing to wear the corrupted gear. (DPS penalty)
    No, it shouldn't. "Corruption" (I'm talking about the concept) is about empowering yourself at the expense of your own well-being, be it mental and/or physical. Lowering your damage output the higher your corruption level is goes against that concept.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-01-30 at 05:17 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Corruption debuff is one of the worst thing they ever made.

I think right now, we don't have enough resistance to allow more than 1 or 2 debuffs.

Before reset I was at 0 corruption, so nothing, chill, then after boom, 130, and everything, sorry but corruption is useless right now, I don't want to have a perma buff that reduce healing received and up damage taken by 18, while having an eye with a 150 meters range, etc ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    OP if the dps are dying to their BS corruption, it's their fault

If DPS are dying due to normal splash boss dmg etc, this COULD BE a healer issue

How does it look: It looks like a healer problem no matter what - but you have to understand that you can't resolve someone who had 6 pieces of corrupted t3 gear on dying instantly constantly, they won't be progressing far when they keep getting insta killed fam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Is there any way to do that via ERT or a Weak Aura ? Just ran a basic SotS with a 60+ corrupted dps that was basicaly useless. Would have loved to spot him before the pull.
    Weak Auras is almost getting there - https://wago.io/Xn74luWVF allows players with the WA to report their corruption to guild/party chat. I suppose it could modified to inspect each character in a party then report back? But that's beyond me for Lua programming.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Anyone over 39 corruption grows neon purple, they stand out quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If only Blizzard learned to bloody make debuffs that don't just deal damage. Imagine if the corruption hitting you as a DPS gave you a 50% dmg done reduction. DPS would learn to move out VERY quickly.
    No, they wouldn't. They'd just whine about their damage being low for "no" reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Corruption debuff is one of the worst thing they ever made.

I think right now, we don't have enough resistance to allow more than 1 or 2 debuffs.

Before reset I was at 0 corruption, so nothing, chill, then after boom, 130, and everything, sorry but corruption is useless right now, I don't want to have a perma buff that reduce healing received and up damage taken by 18, while having an eye with a 150 meters range, etc ...
    Have you considered the option of not equipping every corrupted item you have?

That's pretty much your own damn fault for being greedy.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    i just stopped healing this patch... thx blizzard...