Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You should see my raid leader rage over people who died from something and they have eye of corruption or thing from beyond on their death log. xD

Not sole case of death, mind you, but it tends to add up when there's multiple avoidable and unavoidable sources of damage.

8/12 mythic guild btw so not sure if that classifies as a level of play "with your monitor turned off". (However in the case of a few people I ask myself that question.)
    That's the gamble with Corrupted gear. Most of the effects can be easily handled. Unless you're just mindlessly turreting, the Eye is usually pretty easy to move out of... and if you can't move, the cloak will do the trick. I've made a habit of just not going above 39 Corruption on a class that can't handle the spooky ghost dude. (Pretty much anything without a blink or on-demand stun/slow is miserable.) But even in the situations where Corruption is impacting you and you can neither move out of it nor can you cloak it, there's still yet another back-up in the form of a health pot/lockstone. There's almost zero reason to die when you can heal 2/3rds of your health bar on demand.

But this is coming from a guy who's killed 4 bosses in Nya'lotha in a PuG so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well it’s hardly a penalty when it’s your healers carrying the can.

I thought they’d learned about this in over a decade of bad ideas they dumped on Warlocks.
    The irony is phenomenal there. Cos the warlock is the class they really tried hard to be the best, able to do everythign well, versatile, interesting rotations, exciting mechancis etc etc.

Yet, their effort screwed it over more often than helped it.

Same with the horde, it's the faction they poured the heart and love into, all the exciting storlines and plot, the centre of what's going on in warcraft, except its come off worse for all their focus, cos the storylines have been really sub par, cheesy and not captivating the hearts of the players.

they backing the wrong horse. Developers should be neutral, not having favourites, whether classes (like warlocks) or roles (like melee), or factoins (like the horde), or races (like the horde elves.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    If you are running with 100 corruption or 0 you should still do what you can to keep yourself alive.
    your quote is damn senseless.

As a healer, it’s your job to heal. You’re there to support the group and heal the raid from whatever damage they take. Quit bitching when you have to heal someone, that’s your role. I hate healers that complain about having to heal “extra” when they are neither OOM nor wiping. Quit freeloading. Complaining that you can’t just sit there and do nothing because everything’s being avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    As a healer, it’s your job to heal. You’re there to support the group and heal the raid from whatever damage they take. Quit bitching when you have to heal someone, that’s your role. I hate healers that complain about having to heal “extra” when they are neither OOM nor wiping. Quit freeloading. Complaining that you can’t just sit there and do nothing because everything’s being avoided.
    Found the guy who stands in fire.

Bunch of irresponsible DDs. It's disgusting how many of them stack corruption effect to deal more damage but disregard the impact of such things for the healers.

As a damage dealer myself, I'll try to stay in the 25-ish corruption range, simply to lessen the pressure for the healer. I can reliable dodge the eye and the slow can be circumvented with numerous abilities. I gladly sacrifice my own damage done with low corruption so the healer can take care of my group/raid. A alive damage dealer is a lot more worth than a dead one.

As a tank second spec I am going for below 19 or 0, depending on the situation. Nothing is worse than a tank with high corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    well,im guessing people have issues with the fact that the corruption causes deaths,personaly i love when people take dmg that i can spam heal...as long as them taking that dmg doesnt lead to deaths,for example on myth shadhar we had plenty of people using less corruption just because any tiny extra bit of dmg could kill them or force the healers to focus on things they cant rly aford to be distracted by

Seen logs of people dying from being hit by a chain of Things from Beyond, doing 140+k per hit within a few seconds... and they have the audacity of crying foul at the healer.

Or having a high stack of the eye debuff because they can't be bothered to move... more so when they got high enough corruption to spawn 2 eyes.

Fuck them. Let them enjoy a repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well,im guessing people have issues with the fact that the corruption causes deaths,personaly i love when people take dmg that i can spam heal...as long as them taking that dmg doesnt lead to deaths,for example on myth shadhar we had plenty of people using less corruption just because any tiny extra bit of dmg could kill them or force the healers to focus on things they cant rly aford to be distracted by
    You are a proper fit for the healing role, I salute you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Found the guy who stands in fire.
    Only sometimes. But I also heal without complaining about extra damage, and tank without a stupid complex of “you pull, you tank”.

10+ Year Old Account
    just looked up a bunch of logs on my m+ runs - eye damage barely goes above 1 mil per run, 50% of which gets absorbed by my personals,
    The "worst" 11 key i ran had 2 mil damage from the eye, 1,5 was absorbed into personals, 150 mil total damage taken by group
    if that's what healers consider tough or hard then i don't know what to say.

Looked up another bunch of high M+ logs, and people there take 1-5 mil damage from the eye on top of 600 mil damage through dungeon, damn, that's like extra 5% damage throughout dungeon, such pain, too hard to carry this shit scratch that, was looking at wrong line, it's 10 mil damage by a group from corruption, 170 mil damage total it's ~6% extra damage, can't be arsed with checking how much of that damage was mitigated, anyways, totally agree, impossible load on healers, how are you supposed to heal through this shit, it's like healing people with 4 stacks of bursting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The way corruption is designed regarding the negative effects is just bad. Getting randomly slowed or having a Thing spawn, using your cloak and then having another Thing spawn right next to you is just terrible imo. Cloak should be a minute cd or 1.5 Min CD with how corruption works. You can use your cloak and have it mean absolutely nothing if you get a Thing spawning immediately after.
    Hilarity begins when you frost nova the thing and it connects with bunch of mobs the tank was moving away from blood pools, whoops.
    Or that time when i accidentally nova'd bunch of mobs while tank was moving away and they pummeled a rogue to death. After playing with corruption for a while i consider tanking the thing to be a way to go with 130k+ flame barriers than trying to run away or CC them, unless you get like two or three of them and your cloak is on CD

- - - Updated - - -

One presumes if he's doing that content, he's not a returning player with 399 ilvl. I have 2 Corrupted items, the rest of my gear cannot handle the extra damage I take from them, it's fucking stupid. "Hey, here's some gear that's an upgrade, but you can't use it until you have better gear, but better gear is just going to keep doing this shit until you get better gear".
    You are aware that you can cleanse those high ilvl corrupted items instead of running around with 120+ and complain about instagibbed? Or just park them in the bank and wait for better dps per corruption combo of items?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-02-25 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You are aware that you can cleanse those high ilvl corrupted items instead of running around with 120+ and complain about instagibbed? Or just park them in the bank and wait for better dps per corruption combo of items?
    I was informed yesterday that that is possible. I was also told I shouldn't, and should keep them until I get better. I've sharded the old pieces, so there's no going back.

End of the day, it smacks of the same old shit about self-damage and more dps that they've tried, and failed, to foist on Warlocks for 15 years. Pisses off healers in group content, gets annoying in solo content. There is literally no institutional memory on that development team.

Guys, when you are doing +14's and up, youll be praying for the DPS to hit harder because the fights in general can become problematic in a GCD.

Plus, you can parse higher with more HPS going out !

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Im raiding mythic with ~50 corruption. My survi is 99.2% (top 3 most surviving players) so dats not a problem with corruption. Thats having tanky class + ability to react when something goes wrong.
    You're also playing a BM hunter right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was informed yesterday that that is possible. I was also told I shouldn't, and should keep them until I get better. I've sharded the old pieces, so there's no going back.

End of the day, it smacks of the same old shit about self-damage and more dps that they've tried, and failed, to foist on Warlocks for 15 years. Pisses off healers in group content, gets annoying in solo content. There is literally no institutional memory on that development team.
    More often than not it's worth it to purify your high ilvl high corruption piece if you can't afford to wear it (at this point you can afford wearing 1-2 pieces) "getting better" is gated (because the only thing that makes you "better" against corruption is the cloak) and if you wish to postpone your upgrade to... september? Go for it, but if you wear an 400 ilvl boot while sitting on some 475 +75 corruption boot well you should purify this shit and get it on.
    I banked about ~7 different corrupted items playing like 10 hours a week with decent ilvl (±10 ilvls from what i wear) and every time i get a cloak upgrade i'm going to reshuffle them.

Can't you restore sharded items? I'm not an enchanter so it was an easy fix for me when i sold my 460 gloves when i replaced them with corrupted ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    More often than not it's worth it to purify your high ilvl high corruption piece if you can't afford to wear it (at this point you can afford wearing 1-2 pieces) "getting better" is gated (because the only thing that makes you "better" against corruption is the cloak) and if you wish to postpone your upgrade to... september? Go for it, but if you wear an 400 ilvl boot while sitting on some 475 +75 corruption boot well you should purify this shit and get it on.
    I banked about ~7 different corrupted items playing like 10 hours a week with decent ilvl (±10 ilvls from what i wear) and every time i get a cloak upgrade i'm going to reshuffle them.

Can't you restore sharded items? I'm not an enchanter so it was an easy fix for me when i sold my 460 gloves when i replaced them with corrupted ones.
    Guess I could restore but having given it some thought, I will just cleanse what I have. I’m not at a point in game where I need to make any use of it and it’s not a system I want to engage with unless, or until that changes. It is what it is, a questionable part of end game content I’m not ready to have thrown at me and I am thankfully able to opt out of.

Guess I could restore but having given it some thought, I will just cleanse what I have. I’m not at a point in game where I need to make any use of it and it’s not a system I want to engage with unless, or until that changes. It is what it is, a questionable part of end game content I’m not ready to have thrown at me and I am thankfully able to opt out of.
    Never purge infinite stars,grasping tendrils,or echoing void. Everything else you can drop without worrying about it to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tident View Post
    Never purge infinite stars,grasping tendrils,or echoing void. Everything else you can drop without worrying about it to much.
    Cleansed the gear to below the level covered by my cloak, and managed a lot better; low on DPS because my gear sucks in general but nothing to randomly explode me. Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    If all you do, when using Raider.io, is look at the score ... expect to randomly run into issues.

As an holy pally, it's not fun getting into a pug. zoning in, and seeing half the group covered visually in corruption.

then you see them running out of their corruption zones and aggro-ing side packs because their corruption is through the roof.

it can be rough and aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tident View Post
    Echoing Void does a grand total of nothing if you're not in melee range. It's much more useful on melee and tanks.