Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I didn't complain about Titan Forging. I'd sign off on TF right here and now if I could get away from gear with random procs and negative properties.
    Don't let the door hit ya. Blizzard has confirmed they're happy with Corrupted gear as a concept and WF'd/TF'd is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Don't let the door hit ya. Blizzard has confirmed they're happy with Corrupted gear as a concept and WF'd/TF'd is dead.
    Proves the WOW Devs are incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Proves the WOW Devs are incompetent.
    Because a system that gives players agency instead of just "lol best in slot forever in 100% of situations" is somehow inferior? If anything, the fact that we had TFing as long as we did is a sign of their incompetency.

Blizzard has confirmed they're happy with Corrupted gear as a concept and WF'd/TF'd is dead.
    Umm, they also said corruption is only limited to 8.3, and they didn't exclude the possibility of TF returning in Shadowlands, so not so sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Umm, they also said corruption is only limited to 8.3, and they didn't exclude the possibility of TF returning in Shadowlands, so not so sure about that.
    Obviously Corrupted gear itself is out but the Ion interview says that they're happy with how the system played out in a world that doesn't have WFing or TFing. That, to me, seems to indicate that TFing is out the door. I don't really pay too much attention to the developer roll out of SL content, have they spoken about it since then?

10+ Year Old Account
    The game will be piss-poor boring af without a TF/Corruption system. The fuck am I supposed to do after getting bis? Why would I run heroic raids more than one time that first week it's released? Why would I bother doing a weekly m+ key or even raid, until the next content patch and ilvl increase is out?

The minority that hates systems like TF/Corruption are also the most vocal one, obviously, but the game needs it. They can be the kids they are and call Blizzard incompetent and whatnot but they're just making themselves look like idiots since, you know, they bother spend time on a game they dont like. Oh well.
    Hi

Because a system that gives players agency instead of just "lol best in slot forever in 100% of situations" is somehow inferior? If anything, the fact that we had TFing as long as we did is a sign of their incompetency.
    Players dont have agency if its a proc ability 100% based on an RNG drop in game (that cant be specifically targeted) just to get the piece, let alone get a meaningful rank of the piece. Add in the fact the entire corruption system homogenizes the classes to the umpteenth degree. I'm not defending TF. Given a choice, I simply prefer it over corrupted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The game will be piss-poor boring af without a TF/Corruption system. The fuck am I supposed to do after getting bis?
    Other shit you enjoy

Why would I run heroic raids more than one time that first week it's released?
    Because you enjoy raiding

Why would I bother doing a weekly m+ key or even raid, until the next content patch and ilvl increase is out?
    Because you enjoy M+

The minority that hates systems like TF/Corruption are also the most vocal one, obviously, but the game needs it.
    Maybe people who like it are the minority, was there a poll?

They can be the kids they are and call Blizzard incompetent and whatnot but they're just making themselves look like idiots since, you know, they bother spend time on a game they dont like.
    Not liking one system isn't a reason to quit if you enjoy other stuff
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I don't really pay too much attention to the developer roll out of SL content, have they spoken about it since then?
    Nothing really, alphas are encrypted and since coronaclysm everywhere I expect the development is going slow.

Nothing really, alphas are encrypted and since coronaclysm everywhere I expect the development is going slow.
    SL 2021! #BlizzardPolish
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Corruption is better than TFing because it gives agency back to the player when it comes to gearing. This was sorely missing from the game for two entire fucking expansions. Yes, some of the Corruption effects were OP on launch but they've since refocused and improved it. Each Corruption effect has its own unique purpose and the system does a fantastic job of keeping gear acquisition interesting (which was the initial purpose of TFing). They've also improved acquisition rates of Corrupted gear which is also a huge positive. Arguments about Corruption being "RNG on RNG" are incredibly surface level and entirely devoid of critical thought.

Everything else you're complaining about is so dry and bland you might as well title your post "generic MMO-C hater manifesto." Get over yourself.

But given that you think your awful opinion is shared by all WoW players, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Thankfully, Blizzard never seems to listen to whining crybabies like you.
    So you are unable to rebuttal what i wrote but need to attack me personaly, gotcha. No point in any discussion with you then.

But let me just say that HOW player agency works with corrupted item? Because you have option to negate the entire system? It doesnt make gear better, it gives randomized effects on random gear drop with random power of that effects. You not only need the gear to be corrupted in the first place, it needs to be an item you can equip and not take away other corruption (like i get back to back pants with echoing void and pants with stars - so much agency for my shaman), it need to be the corruption you actually want (and not like avoidance for rogue... or useless stat) and then you have power variation. Sorry, 4 layers of RNG, with NO WAY TO CHANGE IT OTHER THAN SCRAPPING ENTIRE ITEM! And it is not interesting, i got stars rank 3 and guess what - i hardly notice it when it poops. Sure, the random proc is there but eh, doesnt make that pants more interesting or even FUN to play with. Just huge boost in dmg.

But sure, muh playur agencu...

Oh and lets not forget about blizzard philosophy about just equiping item that dropped without need to run external programs or addons to even KNOW if that item is upgrade. They say whatever public wants to hear and do different thing, ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So you are unable to rebuttal what i wrote but need to attack me personaly, gotcha. No point in any discussion with you then.

But let me just say that HOW player agency works with corrupted item? Because you have option to negate the entire system? It doesnt make gear better, it gives randomized effects on random gear drop with random power of that effects. You not only need the gear to be corrupted in the first place, it needs to be an item you can equip and not take away other corruption (like i get back to back pants with echoing void and pants with stars - so much agency for my shaman), it need to be the corruption you actually want (and not like avoidance for rogue... or useless stat) and then you have power variation. Sorry, 4 layers of RNG, with NO WAY TO CHANGE IT OTHER THAN SCRAPPING ENTIRE ITEM! And it is not interesting, i got stars rank 3 and guess what - i hardly notice it when it poops. Sure, the random proc is there but eh, doesnt make that pants more interesting or even FUN to play with. Just huge boost in dmg.

But sure, muh playur agencu...

Oh and lets not forget about blizzard philosophy about just equiping item that dropped without need to run external programs or addons to even KNOW if that item is upgrade. They say whatever public wants to hear and do different thing, ALL THE TIME.
    idk tdev is always aoe and stars / tendies always ST

its not rocket surgery

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    i had a guy yesterday dieing to nothing all of the time, i said to him "please stop dieing to nothing" his response was, i have 50 corruption, if you cant handle it then its not my fault you suck........no....i cant handle you unexpectedly dieing to nothing... sorry

Note to all dps who think healers can carry you.

Lets take 1 dungeon (kr) for example where you cannot possibly be saved unless you can save yourself.

1st boss, the healer cannot save you from getting pummeled by eye and finished by thing while spamming targets effected by spit.

2nd boss, the healer cannot save you from getting pummeled by eye and finished by thing while spamming targets with drain

3rd boss kings rest. the nasty bleed that requires heavy spam healing, the healer cant save you getting nuked by eye and finished by thing while spam healing severed axe bleed.

Zul, the healer cannot save you from getting pummeled by eye and finished by thing while doing 80k+ single target hps spamming the tank.

4th boss kings rest, while the tank is getting pummeled, the healer cant save you getting nuked by eye and finished by thing because the healer is spamming the tank.

This is just a few basic examples.

Do you see how many windows of opportunity for you to die you open up by relying on the healer to carry your corruption? not only this but healers can dps, i can pump 35-50kdps single target if im left to free nuke, guess how much dps im doing if im spamming a dps who has randomly dropped health? zero.

Taking over 40 corruption is fine if YOU can counter anything that might come, if you think its the healers job to carry you i am sorry to tell you that you are going to die and it wont be the healers fault.
    The "pummeled by eye and finished by thing" is very unlikely to happen and would be an acceptable risk to take.

The real problem is when the target of the 1st/2nd/3rd boss debuffs have grand delusions spawn during the debuffs. A debuffs ticks for 60-90% HP in high keys, and Grand Delusions deals the killing blow. Or the DPS player wastes a GCD on Grand Delusions and fails to use a personal to survive the actual boss mechanic. It's a bad idea either way. Very few people dare to go above 40 in high level pushing groups. It's just not worth the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

I get that things like leech, resounding protection, impassive visage etc. inflate self healing done by a healer but it's a sad trend that every healer's breakdown of who they healed - top person is themselves.
    It was normal to see even before the corruption was introduced. But every time this was pointed out in my raids, it only leads to the person complaining getting humiliated. Because you start to look at healer self-healing breakdown and realize they (a) lived longer than most people in raid, only dying when wipe was called, (b) used pot+healthstone+multiple rounds of self-healing personals. Meanwhile the person complaining is normally one of the first to die, did not understand what mechanic they died to, and used none of self-healing available to them.

So this normally stems from the worst players in raid trying to put blame on the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Cool story bro. I've been clearing 15s since the system was introduced.
    The difference is that I know there are people other than me who play the game.
    Again, trying REAL hard to be cool, aren't you.
    do this - running high corruption - you do more damage = less fight time = less damage to heal. in KR forty that 15seconds shorter fight (per full party) might mean that tank took 2mil less damage and as a tank I am saying, that that shit is rough, sometimes it takes all of the CD's to survive and 5seconds longer fight will mean that u'r dead.
    That being said, if your dps does not avoid things/eyes, you don't want to play with them in higher m+ keys anyway. One thing that sucks - as a tank I can't have over 40 corruption because I don't want to screw my group if tyra boss does a combo on me and I can't move so I take a thing to the face and die - this is how everyone should look at this.
    As a dps it's a risk vs reward. If having 58 instead of 39 corruption increases your dps... well taking extra 1-1.5m damage over 30minutes is not that bad in comparison to extra 5-8mil damage done. Same for healers, if you can add 8k hps due to corruption, but you will take 2k dps because of it, it's still a net gain of 6k hps for the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I am surprised to see that many dumb people with the "its the healers fault I die if I take grand delusions + eye + debuffs in the face lol" mentality.
    are you, really?

Corruption is better than TFing because it gives agency back to the player when it comes to gearing. This was sorely missing from the game for two entire fucking expansions. Yes, some of the Corruption effects were OP on launch but they've since refocused and improved it. Each Corruption effect has its own unique purpose and the system does a fantastic job of keeping gear acquisition interesting (which was the initial purpose of TFing). They've also improved acquisition rates of Corrupted gear which is also a huge positive. Arguments about Corruption being "RNG on RNG" are incredibly surface level and entirely devoid of critical thought.
    If they really wanted to give agency back to players they'd create a range of useful and interesting enchants, likewise glyphs (but make those all cosmetic or for non-instanced content only and go wild with them). Then reintroduce reforging and/or gear with non-random sockets. Plenty of sockets (coloured, with socket bonuses, as they originally were), and actually cost them from the items' secondary stats budgets properly so they give power via flexibility, not just because they give free or near-free stats.

This also makes three professions useful again. Add a healthy range of crafted pieces, perhaps as it was in WoD where you could only equip a certain number of pieces, but you could choose which slots, and that brings back the other crafting professions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    If they really wanted to give agency back to players they'd create a range of useful and interesting enchants, likewise glyphs (but make those all cosmetic or for non-instanced content only and go wild with them). Then reintroduce reforging and/or gear with non-random sockets. Plenty of sockets (coloured, with socket bonuses, as they originally were), and actually cost them from the items' secondary stats budgets properly so they give power via flexibility, not just because they give free or near-free stats.

This also makes three professions useful again. Add a healthy range of crafted pieces, perhaps as it was in WoD where you could only equip a certain number of pieces, but you could choose which slots, and that brings back the other crafting professions as well.
    Nah, power like that should be off drops, not the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post

So... MoP?

I mean. I wouldn't complain but it's extremely unlikely Blizzard is just gonna say, "yeah fuck it. We're doing MoP again."

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    So this normally stems from the worst players in raid trying to put blame on the best players.
    Believe what you want, but I was doing mythic Shadhar in a half pug half guild run and in top 5 people by the number of hits by swirlys in p1 3 of them were healers... I'd swear healers have this mentality "I can stand in shit because I can always heal myself back", meanwhile the person kiting the blob dies because they didn't get any spot healing.

So... MoP?

I mean. I wouldn't complain but it's extremely unlikely Blizzard is just gonna say, "yeah fuck it. We're doing MoP again."
    Or BC, LK, and Cata in that they had lots of sockets, though they weren't well-budgeted.

One thing WoD did well, I thought, was the way they did crafting (and I really didn't and don't like much about WoD, so I'm not saying this just because I think WoD was awesome or anything). A tuned version of that system, where crafters could make pieces for all slots and you could only equip three slots with crafted gear at a time would be ideal.

If people are concerned that absolute top of the line gear is too easy to get with this system (I don't think it is when you're limited in number of slots you can fill), just cap the ilevel of crafted gear 5-10 ilevels under mythic raid and high-key m+ gear.

The current system, where the top crafted gear is BoP and requires the disintegration of massive amounts of lesser gear and enough dungeon or raid runs that the odds of it being useful by the time you can make it are slim, is the worst I've seen.