Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Horde Catapults too OP

How did the Horde lose the war when they have catapults that can reach a world tree from miles away off shore and actually hit it enough times that a magically enchanted tree sitting in water could catch on fire? I'm honestly impressed. Why didnt we use those strong catapults in lordaeron and elsewhere? We would have won the war in a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Catapults can't set fire to magic trees teldrassil was an inside job
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    In "A Good War" it was stated that the catapults were enhanced by magic from both Horde mages and shamans to increase their range and destructive powers.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How did the Horde lose the war when they have catapults that can reach a world tree from miles away off shore and actually hit it enough times that a magically enchanted tree sitting in water could catch on fire? I'm honestly impressed. Why didnt we use those strong catapults in lordaeron and elsewhere? We would have won the war in a day.
    Plot armor.

Much like in Avengers, heroes who we're portrayed to be gods somehow get nerfed in between movies.

I sincerely believe if Garrosh had survived the events of WoD, the destruction of Teldrassil would have still happened.

Garrosh would have just tucked in his legs, and catapulted himself into Teldrassil with Gorehowl in both hands.

Being situated above water does nothing to protect you from catching on fire. Fires were deadly, deadly threats when ships were made of wood and still are now. Also, did you not consider the logistical difficulties of transporting said catapults from one side of the world to the other in whatever amount of time passed in lore from the burning to the battle? I know you go out of your way to find things to bash Blizzard on but you're really reaching with this one.

Also you're forgetting azerite enchanted catapult boulders. If a volley of bullets weighing less than a pound can burn 100 soldiers to death in seconds than hundreds-pound boulders would do much more.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In "A Good War" it was stated that the catapults were enhanced by magic from both Horde mages and shamans to increase their range and destructive powers.
    Oh my God ,are you serious ?

i'm laughing on the fucking floor right now. There is nothing that is too low for them .

1. fire that far- guided by magic, but siege weapons can fire pretty far, but so can the enemies siege weapons.
    2. anything can burn, but i do find it silly how quickly that thing lit up, like if a real tree was that size, it would take hours to get fully engulfed.
    3. it sitting in water has nothing to do with how well the top half burns.
    4. they did, they were just basic catapults, issue is the alliance also had catapults of their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post

i'm laughing on the fucking floor right now. There is nothing that is too low for them .
    how is that "Too low for them"
    That is a perfectly fine explanation, we literally have spells that home in on targets no matter how quickly they jump around or dodge. ever sen a greater pyroblast travel long distance?
    i mean have you watched avatar the last airbender? that genre literally lives off enhancing/operating siege weapons/machinery with the users "magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde didn't lose the war though. Anduin and Saurfang both admitted they lacked the forces to win. If Sylvanas had not been stupid and mouthed off she would have won the war.

After that the Alliance and Horde decided to mutually end the war and signed an armistice so they could deal with Nzoth.

Guess they were obliterated by the Vindicaar, same as all the Azerite weapons, somewhere off-screen. There wasn't any artillery/catapult for SoO 2.0, where the dumb-af rebels were assaulting a freaking fortress. Wasn't it for Saurfang committing sudoku, they would have all died tried to break the Walls of Orgrimmar with their bare hands

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I sincerely believe if Garrosh had survived the events of WoD, the destruction of Teldrassil would have still happened.
    you mean the conquest, the conquest of teldrassil/darnassus, Garrosh would not be that stupid, and we know he can be a lot

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Guess they were obliterated by the Vindicaar, same as all the Azerite weapons, somewhere off-screen.
    remember when the azerite would be some serious shit that would make us run for it in a arms race(?) to gather and construct some fucked up weapons to get a upperhand in the war, and the material itself could cause some gold fever in the people, but that was scrapped in the pre-patch 8.0 and we had what, 2 world bosses who are war machines and that one Anduin exploded with a sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pretty much. Sylvanas just decided she did not need the Horde anymore and REEEEE'd away. The the Horde just went "Oh well, come in"

She could have won fair and square if she wanted to. Heck given how OP she is, she could probably take everyone there at once.
    i mean,before she did a lot of "stupid" things too, that undermined her reign and her chances of winning, not just that, even before she was not giving a damn

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Being situated above water does nothing to protect you from catching on fire. Fires were deadly, deadly threats when ships were made of wood and still are now. Also, did you not consider the logistical difficulties of transporting said catapults from one side of the world to the other in whatever amount of time passed in lore from the burning to the battle? I know you go out of your way to find things to bash Blizzard on but you're really reaching with this one.

Also you're forgetting azerite enchanted catapult boulders. If a volley of bullets weighing less than a pound can burn 100 soldiers to death in seconds than hundreds-pound boulders would do much more.
    Yes, yes. It's totally @GreenJesus that's reaching here in their vile attempts to "bash Blizzard" like a HaTeR (because god knows Blizzard's writing is the pinnacle of perfection and everything they write makes perfect sense). Not you in your lovely comparison of ships made from dead wood to a living (and magically enchanted) tree so big its protective bark would be few meters thick. Never mind that not a word has been said in A Good war about Azerite enchanted catapults in that event (because we were yet to see any Azerite weapon at that moment). Never mind that nothing you said addresses the reach of these catapults. Never mind that nothing you said here addresses the actual topic of this thread - i.e. why hasn't the Horde used those wondrous catapults ever again - in any way, shape of form whatsoever. Because it anyone's going out of their way here, it's totally not you

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That is a perfectly fine explanation, we literally have spells that home in on targets no matter how quickly they jump around or dodge. ever sen a greater pyroblast travel long distance?
    Are you seriously using game mechanics as an argument in a lore discussion?

i mean have you watched avatar the last airbender? that genre literally lives off enhancing/operating siege weapons/machinery with the users "magic"
    Have you seen the crossover episode of WoW and Avatar? Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you mean the conquest, the conquest of teldrassil/darnassus, Garrosh would not be that stupid, and we know he can be a lot
    Garrosh would never have made it into Darkshore to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All she wanted was for as many people to die as possible. And hey, her war delivered.

Every time someone dies, Sylvanas goes Ding!
    She levels up every time someone dies? Damn, we'll need 500 more expansions to catch up to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    ]how is that "Too low for them"
    If that is the explanation, the usage of catapults kinda feels superfluous. Why infuse a sword with the power of a pyroblast instead of directly casting the damn thing lol

1. fire that far- guided by magic, but siege weapons can fire pretty far, but so can the enemies siege weapons.
    2. anything can burn, but i do find it silly how quickly that thing lit up, like if a real tree was that size, it would take hours to get fully engulfed.
    3. it sitting in water has nothing to do with how well the top half burns.
    4. they did, they were just basic catapults, issue is the alliance also had catapults of their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh , i'm sorry , i was under the impression that i was playing World of Warcraft and not Avatar the last fucking airbender .

also that's them realising they completly fucked up in their cinematic and trying to justify it with a half assed reason : huh...MAGIC !

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post

It's not thé best explanation, but it's "a" explanation

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Warcraft's lore has become so bloated with secret weapons and abilities that you'd go mad to make sense of it all.

Just imagine if they had Trebuchets instead.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    because writing fluff explanations like "they majik'd it" is not a level of writing a multi-million company want to be at
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Just imagine if they had Trebuchets instead.
    They'd be able to bombard Icecrown all the way from Orgrimmar. Northrend expedition was pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.