Is corrupted gear bad luck protected

im wondering is there bad luck protection? ive had a few drops of corruption no single the same all different, was i just lucky and unlucky at the same time that none repeated? or is it bad luck protected?

Id take some satisfaction knowing eventually im going to get the same op stuff "lucky" people have.

I really think with how retardedly overpowered some pieces are it should be bad luck protected 100%, the question is, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard Blizz talk about BLP in quite a while, I'm honestly not even sure that's still a thing with loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    im wondering is there bad luck protection?
    No. Think WF/TF chances = is something going to corrupt. A TF to the ilv cap = basically getting tier 3 corruption with the trait you wanted (i.e. Infinite Stars)

At this point, it's a probability matrix. Do more = more chances at a corruption effect happening and praying to RNG gods that you might get a "good" corruption effect.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

i dont think that will work though because with the number of variations and low chance of drop rate you could legit run 10,000 m+ runs and never get rank 3 stars.

There has to be bad luck protection, it officially would not be fair otherwise.

You are just lucky. I've only gotten 1 piece of corrupted gear (besides the default bracer) on one of my toons while my brother has gotten like 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    it officially would not be fair otherwise.
    I don't think fairness is something that Blizzard is concerned with. At this point, they are more than likely more interested in developing the systems for Shadowlands.

Besides "corrupted" gear is all going to be replaced in Shadowlands anyway because we'll be leveling up another 10 levels and if they are really that imbalanced, corrupted effects will be nerfed in the pre-patch for Shadowlands or treated similar to Legiondaries where they scale down as you level up and eventually become deactivated.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You are just lucky. I've only gotten 1 piece of corrupted gear (besides the default bracer) on one of my toons while my brother has gotten like 15.
    You aren't doing much content then. PVP and M+ weekly chests are 2 guaranteed corrupted pieces a week and if you aren't getting another 1-2 a week along the way you really aren't doing much content. All of the characters I'm currently playing are over 5 corrupted pieces, main is well over 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You aren't doing much content then. PVP and M+ weekly chests are 2 guaranteed corrupted pieces a week and if you aren't getting another 1-2 a week along the way you really aren't doing much content. All of the characters I'm currently playing are over 5 corrupted pieces, main is well over 10.
    The chars I am talking about are just alts and haven't done M+ or pvp just world bosses and dailies/world quests/visions/etc. Its kinda funny cause we play both factions and on Alliance my hunter is the one who gets all the corruption drops and on Horde his hunter does while the other two chars we play get jack shit.

Hopefully this entire expansion is bad luck protection and the next one forges. Wait... wc3 reforged... forged... shit.

I would be interested in some kind of blp too.
    From my experience, which is arround 60 12-17 m+ keys, i've only seen 2 corrupted items drop.
    Which makes the dropchance from my sample to be arround 0.01 % which is pretty low but 60 keys is not that big of an sample.
    Last edited by Motti; 2020-02-04 at 02:05 AM.

im wondering is there bad luck protection? ive had a few drops of corruption no single the same all different, was i just lucky and unlucky at the same time that none repeated? or is it bad luck protected?

Id take some satisfaction knowing eventually im going to get the same op stuff "lucky" people have.

I really think with how retardedly overpowered some pieces are it should be bad luck protected 100%, the question is, is it?
    If blp is even in the game anymore outside of bonus rolls, no it doesn't effect corruption. Outside of my weekly box that's guaranteed a Corrupted piece, I haven't gotten a corruption item since Jan 23rd from a world quest and I clear almost every world quest every single day, on top of raid clears, a few M+ both weeks, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.