Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Sort of like BoJ, you might spend at one below max if you would overcap combo points, but...

generally rogues prefer to spend at max- that's not really what my point was though. As ret, you can choose to spend at 3, 4, or 5 depending on the status of your generators, and it still only spends three, leaving you with 0, 1, or 2. Rogue spends all combo points at once, leaving you with 0 (1 for Outlaw). If you want to compare Holy Power to something, chi is a closer analogue than combo points because chi also has fixed expenditures and is bankable.

Maybe you could make the CD such that you would end up with the same average number of TV/DS over the course of a fight, but changing from dynamic usage to a fixed CD would not be "functionally the exact same gameplay." It would fundamentally change the nature of the rotation.
    I'm not looking to compare in theoreticals. I'm looking to compare in functional gameplay. If 90%+ of the time, CP is spent in maximum blocks, it's really not different enough compared to HoPo IMO. It being bankable is definitely the major difference, but I'm not sure it's really enough of a difference to set it off, ESPECIALLY without a secondary resource system to support it (like energy, or whatever monks use). I will gladly concede that Chi really is more similar though. You are correct about that.

With respect to TV/DS, what I was saying is that if the CD is shared, you're still making the same choice at the same time (x targets = pick correct option). Whether you press it x # of times or y# of times is irrelevant for my POV. It's still the same decision tree mechanically.

The same lunatics that call holy power the worst thing ever are usually the same people that call WoD seals peak gameplay, you know, the talent that was generally loathed at the time.

It even pulled ahead for a while as the best talent for PvE, but was so clunky that even high end raiders abstained from it. I vividly remember both these forums and the theorycrafting community being relieved when that piece of shit talent started falling behind. When they removed it for legion, hardly anyone gave a fuck.

Holy power isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than what came before it.
    Last edited by Elkas; 2020-02-12 at 07:49 PM.