Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Brewmaster Deztru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,353

    Gold sellers infesting the game with bots

    Almost every Dwarf and Troll hunter I meet are bots, once they get to 60 they're off to bot Living/Air/Earth essences for gold.

    It's a serious infestation, like legitimately more than 95% of the hunters of said races you meet in the wild are bots. Is blizz even doing anything to these?

  2. #2
    That's pretty racist man.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Almost every Dwarf and Troll hunter I meet are bots, once they get to 60 they're off to bot Living/Air/Earth essences for gold.

    It's a serious infestation, like legitimately more than 95% of the hunters of said races you meet in the wild are bots. Is blizz even doing anything to these?
    tell me where. im looking for free honor

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    tell me where. im looking for free honor
    There are also people who play on a pve-server.

  5. #5
    wait...I play a dwarf hunter...I am not a bot
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Almost every Dwarf and Troll hunter I meet are bots, once they get to 60 they're off to bot Living/Air/Earth essences for gold.

    It's a serious infestation, like legitimately more than 95% of the hunters of said races you meet in the wild are bots. Is blizz even doing anything to these?
    Dwarf liking gold ?? It's role playing

    And No blizz have not done shit about bots since October
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Almost every Dwarf and Troll hunter I meet are bots, once they get to 60 they're off to bot Living/Air/Earth essences for gold.

    It's a serious infestation, like legitimately more than 95% of the hunters of said races you meet in the wild are bots. Is blizz even doing anything to these?
    Welcome to that "Read deal vanilla Feel", my one question is... IS Susanexpress up and running? Cause that would just be icing on the cake.

  8. #8
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    wait...I play a dwarf hunter...I am not a bot
    That just makes you part of the 5%

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    wait...I play a dwarf hunter...I am not a bot
    That’s exactly what a bot would say..

  10. #10
    This is the authentic feel of classic (and TBC) i hope you are enjoying it!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    There are also people who play on a pve-server.
    nobody cares about them.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    wait...I play a dwarf hunter...I am not a bot
    That is EXACTLY what a bot would say.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,458
    This was normal in vanilla and moving into TBC like our friend above said. You will see them more later in battlegrounds too as abandoned accounts are compromised and paid for with stolen credit card details.

  14. #14
    bots? Ah yes, #nochangesvanilla

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Welcome to that "Read deal vanilla Feel", my one question is... IS Susanexpress up and running? Cause that would just be icing on the cake.
    What that the website gold sellers were spamming with dead gnomes in Ironforge in vanilla? I thought name was shorter.

    But yes, welcome to real vanilla feel. It was infested by bots as well and Blizzard didn't do anything. Many places were botted so much that mobs didn't have time to respawn, one of heavily farmed spots was beach in Azshara. Blizzard didn't bother dealing bots in vanilla and they still don't in Classic.
    Last edited by BoltBlaster; 2020-02-01 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    wait...I play a dwarf hunter...I am not a bot
    We're onto you...

  17. #17
    Hey now, Blizzard stole their racket on retail. They gotta make a living somehow.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Blizzard didn't bother dealing bots in vanilla and they still don't in Classic.
    say you have a million players and 5% of that is bots. And you just fired 800 staff. There just ain't any way to actually *do* something about it, short of potentially illegal countermeasures that violate various countries' privacy laws.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    say you have a million players and 5% of that is bots. And you just fired 800 staff. There just ain't any way to actually *do* something about it, short of potentially illegal countermeasures that violate various countries' privacy laws.
    To be fair, it was like that even before they fired 800 people.

    They "deal" with bots in their famous ban waves, which happen once every 6 months or so. 2 weeks after ban wave bots are back, so the only thing those ban waves are good for is PR. Ban waves show that Blizzard is doing something, while in reality it was temporary effect that lasted couple of week. Between ban waves bots have been running for months, reported by many players and nothing was ever done.

    I did try botting during Pandaria. Can't beat them - join them, right? Made second battle.net account for that. Didn't care about gold, it was more because I was bored fighting with bots all the time over resources. Best part was making custom routes. My bot was reported many times and lasted several months then was caught in ban wave. Made more than enough gold to justify making another account, but I didn't bother.

    Blizzard just doesn't care enough about game to deal with bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    What that the website gold sellers were spamming with dead gnomes in Ironforge in vanilla? I thought name was shorter.

    But yes, welcome to real vanilla feel. It was infested by bots as well and Blizzard didn't do anything. Many places were botted so much that mobs didn't have time to respawn, one of heavily farmed spots was beach in Azshara. Blizzard didn't bother dealing bots in vanilla and they still don't in Classic.
    not sure, I started in TBC, but I remember Susanexpress then, so if it's not an original Vanilla Gold seller, it's the closest one that I know of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •