Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Stop defending idiots who break the rules for attention.
    Right after you stop defending Blizzard for overreacting.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-02-02 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They're not overreacting lmao. They're enforcing their OWN RULES. So they should just refrain from punishing people for breaking the rules because players are upset?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They're not overreacting lmao. They're enforcing their OWN RULES. So they should just refrain from punishing people for breaking the rules because players are upset?

Yes, players broke a stupid forum rule. But Blizzard broke trust and probably some consumer laws. And yet I don't see you calling them out for that. Hypocrite much?

Whatever. So done with Blizzard-clan White Knights. Hope you're getting paid or something. If not, that's just sad.

Yes, players broke a stupid forum rule. But Blizzard broke trust and probably some consumer laws. And yet I don't see you calling them out for that. Hypocrite much?

Whatever. So done with Blizzard-clan White Knights. Hope you're getting paid or something. If not, that's just sad.
    LMAO WHAT CONSUMER LAWS DID THEY BREAK?! You're still allowed to refund the game. They're not making it impossible. No laws have been broken, my dude.

And I'm not white-knighting. I'm just absolutely sick of people whining about Blizzard enforcing their own rules. You don't like the rules? Take your business elsewhere. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This is completely true. I don't agree with the people who err either on the side of 'Blizzard is always to blame' or 'consumers are always to blame' - on one hand, what's going on with Warcraft 3 is really unfortunate, on the other, look how many threads there are calling shadowlands the worst expansion without anyone playing it, saying shadowlands has no feautures when it does, people going on about china etc.

Truth is Blizzard gets things wrong, consumers aren't always rights - both of these things can be true at the same time. If you only look for bad things in Blizzard, or bad things in consumers - it's all you're gonna find
    Erring on the side of caution here, with regards to shadowlands, that was the first reveal i can remember since having started to play WoW where there was basically nothing shown in regards to what the expansion would actually feature. And the least playable demo that i've been aware of at the actual convention. Other than art and the concept of the 4 main faction things/tower of the damned... there was nothing. And there was no mention of any new features or anything like that.
    With that being said of course, perhaps they were deciding not to announce anything so that if they cut it or don't deliver it they don't cop crap for it but.. it wasn't a very confident showing of their new expansion, imo. So i can kinda see why people are *already* calling it a bad expansion.

Listen, they have a ban category called "calling out the devteam"

Years ago I was banned from the Overwatch boards for a reponse that consisted of "Because they don't care" in regards to banning toxic players from ranked matches for "calling out the devteam."

That is the excuse they give when banning people over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they close threads because we dont need the same thread 20x, tho that of course doesnt make for a great youtube video bait title.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    HELLOOOOO that someone didnt like what i said because it hurt their widdle feewings is not a valid reason for a suspension

Hahahahaha. People who talk like this literally never just tell the truth, there's always some ridiculous embellishment disguising the fact that they actually made a post about how they don't want female representation in games because "virgin sjw cucks lololol" or some "funny" joke about black people and fried chicken. After that, it's immediately "muh freeze peach" complaint posts and then dipping out to a different forum to complain about being banned despite breaking the "don't discuss bans" rule.

But no, you're right. It's just damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Erring on the side of caution here, with regards to shadowlands, <snip> there was nothing. And there was no mention of any new features or anything like that.
    What is the point of this literal lie? Covenants? Soulbonds? Torghast? The "de-prune" you guys have been whining about for 10 years? Don't bother responding if you're just going to say "those aren't even features" because then everyone will just laugh at you for shifting the goalposts and move on.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2020-02-02 at 12:39 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahahaha. People who talk like this literally never just tell the truth.
    And my source for this is "just trust me, bois", isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Now I am curious. What law did they "possibly" break? If they did not break any more, what is there to call them out for?

You are suggesting they may have broke some law. That is a rather serious accusation. At the very least provide some evidence for that. I am curious what they did and what laws they may be guilty of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Now I am curious. What law did they "possibly" break? If they did not break any more, what is there to call them out for?

You are suggesting they may have broke some law. That is a rather serious accusation. At the very least provide some evidence for that. I am curious what they did and what laws they may be guilty of.
    Try false advertising. Depending on the country, possibly the denial of refunds. Better people than I have done the homework on it. Try youtube or google. I'm not going to type out something just to have someone nitpick a single misplaced word(not saying you specifically, but someone would).

I'm also going to go ahead and put this disclaimer here: Even if they didn't fully 100% meet the criteria of false advertising, what they delivered was NOT what they lead players to believe would be WC3:Reforged. We see this kind of thing all the time in the digital gaming industry. And quite frankly, the tolerance for it is disgusting and needs to stop. Even the practice of launching a buggy, unfinished product and patching it later, after having already received full price months in advance, SHOULD be unacceptable. Any other industry and the consumers would be burning the business to the ground. But not gaming.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-02-02 at 02:08 AM.

Hahahahaha. People who talk like this literally never just tell the truth, there's always some ridiculous embellishment disguising the fact that they actually made a post about how they don't want female representation in games because "virgin sjw cucks lololol"
    If you like I can actually get the ticket text and show it to you. I may have been many things mate, but a liar has never been one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Im not in any way, shape or form happy with the current blizzard and what they are doing with the games i used to love. But there is absolutely no secret there is a ginormous blizzard bad circlejerk going on now. Shitload of youtubers making clickbait bullshit and fake rage and slactivists making fake drama for next to nothing. Many of these bans are for other legit reasons and people are just jumping on the bandwagon, lying about the bans, to get some hate points out and some internet points on reddit

Blizzard needs to change, but so does the community and the so called "fans"
    if Blizzard changes and stop being a greedy asshole company killing games their fans love, just for huge greed and more more mooore profit, well then automatically the fans will change because they stop being pissed.

its not that blizz still delivers what they stand for 10+ years ago, and doing the same since 20 years (i.e. quality over greed) and fans just switched over to „oh, i just could go haters gonna hate, because i am bored“.

the truth is: blizz get exactly what they deserve from loyal fans, because they pissed on them for greed and money.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so it's not infuriating an already angry and disappointed customer base? What, exactly, is the positive outcome for Blizzard in this scenario?

God...I love how people who paid for a product that wasn't what was advertised, and are rightfully angry about it, who can't even get refunds in many cases.....are labeled as "babies wanting attention". What the fuck. Seriously. how badly does Blizzard need to screw up and rip off players before it actually becomes their fault instead of the people being swindled?

Yeah, the players in question pay for it with an unnecessary ban. And like I said before, Blizzard will pay for it with a further degradation of their already poor reputation. If you want to ignore the obvious consequences of this, then I would kindly suggest you pull your head out of the sand.
    look: no other company in the world ever could do what blizz do, without loosing a huge amount of sypathy and customers and their ground/market. just for the SOLELY reason they were a great high quality gaming company in the past, they formed such DieHard fans, that they can get away with waaaaay more shit than any other company. because regardless how they fuck it up, and the shitstorm is incoming, there are armies of white knights still defending what blizz do. on an absurd high level. that white knights always soften every giant complain or shitstorm, so blizz have waaaay more acting range than any other companies, since no other company have that huge amount of absurd DieHard fans white knighting them regardless how stupid or obvious.

this is the SOLELY reason why blizz can fuck it more up than any other gaming studio and still get away with it and make billions. and they know that and they use that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-02-02 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their house, their rules... Dont like their rules, dont go to their house. Seems shockingly simple... I dont like their rules, so I dont go there and post.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Try false advertising. Depending on the country, possibly the denial of refunds. Better people than I have done the homework on it. Try youtube or google. I'm not going to type out something just to have someone nitpick a single misplaced word(not saying you specifically, but someone would).

I'm also going to go ahead and put this disclaimer here: Even if they didn't fully 100% meet the criteria of false advertising, what they delivered was NOT what they lead players to believe would be WC3:Reforged. We see this kind of thing all the time in the digital gaming industry. And quite frankly, the tolerance for it is disgusting and needs to stop. Even the practice of launching a buggy, unfinished product and patching it later, after having already received full price months in advance, SHOULD be unacceptable. Any other industry and the consumers would be burning the business to the ground. But not gaming.
    There is a difference between false advertising and customer expectations. The customer may have had higher expectation but that is not false advertising. And you are using that word again, "possibly", which is kind of a backout. Either they are or they are not. Refunds are rather difficult. Particularly in the realm of digital entertainment. I am not a law student so I really do not what grounds they and their customer are on.

Continuing on this theme, Blizzard is not the first company to be in this position. Other companies have done worse. Maybe it is just this forum. Maybe it is the internet but it seems like blaming Blizzard is quite in vogue at the moment, just like blame China, blame EU. Some entities just have a big negative mark above head. Deserved or not. Just like China is the big baddie in the Hong Kong protest when they have not really done anything but that is another issue.

Finally, You Tube is the last place I would look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    There is a difference between false advertising and customer expectations. The customer may have had higher expectation but that is not false advertising. And you are using that word again, "possibly", which is kind of a backout. Either they are or they are not. Refunds are rather difficult. Particularly in the realm of digital entertainment. I am not a law student so I really do not what grounds they and their customer are on.

Continuing on this theme, Blizzard is not the first company to be in this position. Other companies have done worse. Maybe it is just this forum. Maybe it is the internet but it seems like blaming Blizzard is quite in vogue at the moment, just like blame China, blame EU. Some entities just have a big negative mark above head. Deserved or not. Just like China is the big baddie in the Hong Kong protest when they have not really done anything but that is another issue.

Finally, You Tube is the last place I would look.
    That's why I said the disclaimer. Modern gaming companies are VERY good at technically avoiding false advertising, while effectively still doing it. And we, as gamers who want better games, NEED to stop being so accepting of it.

Quite frankly, Blizzard released a sub-par product that wasn't anything like what they lead the customer to believe it would be. And then took it up a notch by releasing it in a buggy state, screwing with refunds, committing the PR blunder of banning people making threads about it, and effectively shutting down the creative scene of the custom game modes for both the reforged and original versions.

What part of that speaks to you of a company who's honestly trying to make a good game and a solid product? Why are we, as a community of gamers and consumers, so willing to forgive, ignore, or even make excuses for this type of behavior? It's embarrassing and shameful.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said the disclaimer. Modern gaming companies are VERY good at technically avoiding false advertising, while effectively still doing it. And we, as gamers who want better games, NEED to stop being so accepting of it.

Quite frankly, Blizzard released a sub-par product that wasn't anything like what they lead the customer to believe it would be. And then took it up a notch by releasing it in a buggy state, screwing with refunds, committing the PR blunder of banning people making threads about it, and effectively shutting down the creative scene of the custom game modes for both the reforged and original versions.

What part of that speaks to you of a company who's honestly trying to make a good game and a solid product? Why are we, as a community of gamers and consumers, so willing to forgive, ignore, or even make excuses for this type of behavior? It's embarrassing and shameful.
    I'm sure not forgiving of it. They first crossed the line with me with WOD. I didn't just automatically trust them again for Legion, I participated in the beta and saw that it was going to be good, and that's the only reason I came back for that. They didn't really do anything majorly wrong from that point up until I quit WOW (in Oct 2017). At the time, I didn't quit because I was unhappy with Blizzard or WOW at that point - I just needed a break from MMO's in general. I saw BFA didn't look like it was going to be very good, so I didn't come back for that, but I didn't have them on boycott yet at that point. The proverbial straw for me was "don't you guys have phones". Boycotted them from that point. I specifically did NOT preorder this game because of that. The Blitzchung thing just vindicated my decision and made my boycott permanent. I removed every Blizzard product from every device I own, permanently. So I had no intention of even looking at this game. So I don't have a stake in this...it's like seeing a 26 car pileup with flaming cars, while not being part of it. Seeing this debacle is pure entertainment for me now.