Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    I know. you cannot gain rank 3 in a week as the person I quoted stated.

Which is....exactly what I said.
    Actually that's not true. It is very much possible to get it in one week if they truly wanted to.

Here's the breakdown:

• Dailies - 2100 XP (300 XP x 7 Days)
    • Ancient Reefwalker Bark - 300 XP (100 XP per follower) Weekly
    • Naga Deployment Orders - 450 XP (150 XP per follower) Weekly Chests / Mrrl
    • Giant Crab Leg - 50 XP per turnin
    • Fathom Ray Wing - 50 XP per turnin
    • Eel Filet - 50 XP per turn in
    • Reefwalker Bark - 60 XP (20 XP per follower)
    • Unusually Wise Hermit Crab - 75 XP Mrrl
    So if you were to turn in everything at least once you would end up with 3135 needing to grind 1665 unless you get lucky with multiple spawns of the hermit crab in a week. Would it be a bit insane? Yes, but it is still possible and within the realm of people wanting to be able to grind things up in a week to speed up the process (something many here were asking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually that's not true. It is very much possible to get it in one week if they truly wanted to.

Here's the breakdown:

• Dailies - 2100 XP (300 XP x 7 Days)
    • Ancient Reefwalker Bark - 300 XP (100 XP per follower) Weekly
    • Naga Deployment Orders - 450 XP (150 XP per follower) Weekly Chests / Mrrl
    • Giant Crab Leg - 50 XP per turnin
    • Fathom Ray Wing - 50 XP per turnin
    • Eel Filet - 50 XP per turn in
    • Reefwalker Bark - 60 XP (20 XP per follower)
    • Unusually Wise Hermit Crab - 75 XP Mrrl
    So if you were to turn in everything at least once you would end up with 3135 needing to grind 1665 unless you get lucky with multiple spawns of the hermit crab in a week. Would it be a bit insane? Yes, but it is still possible and within the realm of people wanting to be able to grind things up in a week to speed up the process (something many here were asking about).
    So what you're saying is, it's impossible for any normal player to get in a week. by this ridiculous logic it was always obtainable in a week . Thanks for clarifying.

Tell me what I say isn't true, then post exact numbers that demonstrate what I said is true.
    I did post numbers in the exact same post.

So what you're saying is, it's impossible for any normal player to get in a week. by this ridiculous logic it was always obtainable in a week . Thanks for clarifying.
    Well you know according to MMOC and everywhere this is normal player behavior.

What I was actually saying was how you originally claimed it was impossible to get it in a week. Nothing was said about normal player behavior or anything. You just dismissed the person saying it was not possible. The 3135 rep is very much possible and doable through casual play. The 1665 would vary depending on how much you grind and how much the murlocs spawn.

And no, originally it was not obtainable in a week as you needed 1665 + an additional 1200 rep. Which is even more insane and I doubt doable even if you farmed all the time.

Well you know according to MMOC and everywhere this is normal player behavior.
    Wut? The entire point of the discussion was that essences are unreasonably tedious to attain for alts, who has ever claimed its normal for people to grind for hours on alts in old content for items that are pretty much required for normal operation of (some) classes.

What I was actually saying was how you originally claimed it was impossible to get it in a week. Nothing was said about normal player behavior or anything.
    Pedantry.

Clearly by the context of the the discussion this was implied. In any case this comes down to design - and the content is not designed to be completed the way you're saying, in fact there are arbitrary barriers in place to slow your progress

You just dismissed the person saying it was not possible. The 3135 rep is very much possible and doable through casual play. The 1665 would vary depending on how much you grind and how much the murlocs spawn.
    Calculate how much time this would take and then we'll talk.

Again, to reiterate, we are predominately talking about alts, which average player has anywhere near this time to invest in an alt and in old content? You wouldn't even have enough time to do current content if you attempted - which is a major point of the discussion

And no, originally it was not obtainable in a week as you needed 1665 + an additional 1200 rep. Which is even more insane and I doubt doable even if you farmed all the time.
    This is an arbitrary distinction on your part, why is 2865 follower points an unreasonably insane grind but 1665 isn't?

Seems like you're deliberately trying to be obtuse to make a point that doesn't impact the discussion whatsoever: 8.2 (Nazjatar in particular) essences are arbitrarily tedious to obtain, they are purposefully designed to take weeks of continuous play (in old content) at the expense of class viability and current content.