Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    Uhm, in Legion, we used the power of our artifact weapons to deal with it. That's why their powers are depleted.

I had forgotten about that. So this means the sword is there to stay?

Goblins melt it and make mechs and tanks, then bronze dragon comes and takes them to alternative timeline where they can rule with superior firepower under sylvanas leadership.

Undead horde is formed and on alternative timeline sylvanas beats arthas before he reaches helm, becomes lich queen and conquered azeroth and with khadgars help we save that alternative world and then just forget about it.

No way to do that bad writing... oh wait..
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So urm. Bfa is based on azerite. Alliance vs horde trying to gather as much of it as possible to fund their war campaign etc. What happens to azerite after bfa ? both factions just go "neh. I don't need this thing we killed thousands of people over a few weeks ago" Yes, there is peace now between horde and alliance after sylvanus and all that shit. But surely azerite would still be worth a shitton in shadowlands for both factions
    One of the many many reasons BfA never made any sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The sword is inert after we neutralized it in Legion, meaning its basicly a giant woundstopper. Until we find a way to heal the wound entirely it may just be better to leave the sword in rather than have a massive gaping wound, much like how you wouldn't just yank out a knife in real life.

Alternatively we could probably mine the sword and use the material for new armor or weapons, how smart that would be I don't know.

I am sadly beyond the point of expecting a reasonable story or even a conclusion to the existing one. Everything feels rushed or pushed aside. My guess is it will just be there forever. End of story.

Azeroth is a planet, the Titan is just a soul at the core of the planet. A giant sword stab isn't going to do much damage to the titan itself. It was the dark energy pouring into the planet that hurt the titan. Just like when Y'shaarj was torn out, the Old Gods dark energy was seeping into the planet so when he was ripped out it left a scar.

Sargeras's energy interacted negatively with Azeroths causing her agony and causing that energy to seep out onto the planet. If this was going to act like a normal sword wound, then why was she bleeding everywhere and not just at the sword? If you cut your hand, your foot doesnt start gushing. We took the swords power away, but that negative damage was already done and we needed to stabilize Azeroth. Also, chances are if we remove the sword it'll just do the same thing that removing Y'shaarj did.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2020-02-02 at 10:54 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Azeroth is a planet, the Titan is just a soul at the core of the planet. A giant sword stab isn't going to do much damage to the titan itself. It was the dark energy pouring into the planet that hurt the titan. Just like when Y'shaarj was torn from the out, the Old Gods dark energy was seeping into the planet so when he was ripped out it left a scar.

Sargeras's energy interacted negatively with Azeroths causing her agony and causing that energy to seep out onto the planet. If this was going to act like a normal sword wound, then why was she bleeding everywhere and not just at the sword? If you cut your hand, your foot doesnt start gushing. We took the swords power away, but that negative damage was already done and we needed to stabilize Azeroth. Also, chances are if we remove the sword it'll just do the same thing that removing Y'shaarj did.
    Stop making sense. We don't do that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean the sword is harmless now, and removing the object keeping the huge wound in azeroth sealed might be a bad idea
    I think there is a case to be made here for the little fact that, if the franchise and the minds of the devs wouldn't operate on Looney Toons logic, the existance of an object that probably reaches beyond the exosphere, would have a significant impact on the orbit of the planet. Essentially azeroth should be wobbling along its path like david hasselhoff after happy hour.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ast1982 View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to that fact that the world has a monstrous sword stickibg into it, hence all the problems with bleeding azerite; as opposed to whether it looks cool or not
    Fairly certain all the bleeding is now the aftermath. The sword was made harmless by draining artifacts to do so. Had it sat for much longer and been active with demon juice destruction or whatever, it would likely have been a lot worse. The chasm from removing it would be ridiculously deep, nevermind super troublesome...so just leave it? It's just a giant hunk of...whatever it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    There is still a sword sticking out of Silithus. It's the whole reason the planet was crying out in pain.

Are we going to.... deal with that?
    No. We aren't.

Just another plot point that will be forgotten.

Remember - 8.3 totally wasn't a rush job and BfA totally isn't the worst expansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    There is still a sword sticking out of Silithus. It's the whole reason the planet was crying out in pain.

Are we going to.... deal with that?
    Here's the thing. Removing it is not a solution. It's not currently causing problems. The sword is a very large inert piece of metal in the ground at the current point in the story. It's not causing damage just existing at the current point. The sword is in equilibrium, applying pressure to the wound and keeping the bleeding from getting worse. Until we find a way to remove the sword while preventing further damage, it's better to leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    The sword was N'zoth. We just killed him.

Anduin delivered the final blow with our player character.

Sylvanas divided her shoul in two pieces. One of the pieces was N'zoth.

She created N'zoth. She IS the Void.

That's why we must end her in Shadowlands, the realm of the Void Gods.
    How is it even possible to get the lore this wrong?

Merely a flesh wound!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The sword is inert after we neutralized it in Legion, meaning its basicly a giant woundstopper. Until we find a way to heal the wound entirely it may just be better to leave the sword in rather than have a massive gaping wound, much like how you wouldn't just yank out a knife in real life.

Alternatively we could probably mine the sword and use the material for new armor or weapons, how smart that would be I don't know.
    Gorrite Gorribalite?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    No. We aren't.

Just another plot point that will be forgotten.

Remember - 8.3 totally wasn't a rush job and BfA totally isn't the worst expansion ever.
    There's literally no need to remove it.

Now that it's no longer poisoning the land, azeroth isn't continously bleeding and a gigantic hole in the planet would probably cause more harm than a gigantic blade sticking out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Option C: shrink it with engineering tech
    What could go wrong?

Azeroth will but it out when She awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think it was all the evil mojo that caused the pain. It's inert now (we sacrificed our artifact weapons for it), so no idea how bad it really is for Azeroth at the moment.
    If that were the case we wouldn't have bothered with BfA, seeing as we sacrificed our weapons in Legion.

Throughout the entire expansion we've also had Magni telling us how Azeroth is still crying out in pain as everyone essentially harvests her for her blood.

she wants to keep it, it scrathes an itch, if you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Gorrite Gorribalite?
    Or Gorrium, those three seem to follow Blizzards usual naming conventions when it comes to new ores.

Which makes me curious what they go with in Shadowlands, probably some Shadow or death themed mining nodes.