Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    And what about Saurfang going to go visit Thrall? Did they just start bashing random Alliance or?? Who was sent to assassinate Thrall and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    We never saw Arthas actually die. He just vanished. Summoned by the Void Gods.

He's the Jailor. Sylvanas' master.
    Not possible. Is Illidan dead?

oh, and i missed option c): time travel stuff and parallel azeroths and so on. lets ask Kairoz, he will tell Sylvanas whats to do.

It's pretty easy. Illidan and his buddy Sargeras will be back. Sargie realize we can help him destroy the void instead of going 200% Thanos on us. He takes out the sword, we use it as a neutral space hub in the expansion we deal with the Void head on. Sargie and Azzie(Azeroth the Titan) marries, Illidan is the one marrying them Titan and Titan wife and then comes 11.0 where N'Zoth flips the reality on us and we are sent back to War of the Ancient.

"It was just a vision yall"

Well we have crippled amputee-diaper gnomes now, together with the other midgets they can create a shrink ray, that will downsize the sword.

Jokes aside, best case scenario: We will deal with it in the prepatch when we forsake the HoA.
    More likely: The hackwriters at Blizzard have forgotten about that little issue.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Option A: Shadowlands legendary, go get [something] from Sargeras' sword to make your legendary cuff links.(side note: someone will make a "should we be using powers from Sargeras" thread)

Option B: At some point we'll make the sword a tool/power source for us

Option C: We'll blow it up/teleport it somewhere/shrink it with engineering tech

What I'm curious about is: Is Azeroth round? If so why isn't the other side of the sword sticking out somewhere? Did it not go all the way through? Going off this image

I'd assume the sword is pretty long so it certainly should have gone all the way through. Or is Azeroth massive AF? If Azeroth IS round *takes deep breath* WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE BLIZZ!?!?!

Probably my option C, get Khadgar some meth and he'll teleport the fuck out of that sword lol.
    Have you been in the game and looked at the sword? It's not that big. It might not be big enough to pierce the crust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Since I'm not sure, the whole Gorshalach lore is out of the window after Legion isn't it? Otherwise mybe we just need to whack one of the millions of Taeshalach against Goribaal and they fuse again? :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Azeroth has began to derive pleasure from it. She's masochist now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Azeroth has began to derive pleasure from it. She's masochist now.
    *new doors have been opened*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    There is still a sword sticking out of Silithus. It's the whole reason the planet was crying out in pain.

Are we going to.... deal with that?
    It was the initial stab that opened wounds all over the planet. Which we have spent the last year sealing and absorbing.
    In the end we return all of the azerite we collected into the planets heart, and with all the sounds sealed it's good again.

Yes the sword is still in there, but we don't exactly have someone to pull it out do we? Esepcailly. Didn't you hear as a kid they you need to leave the blade in the wound to prevent bleeding until you can seal the wound. Well we don't got something big enough to deal it, so we leaving the sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Option A: Shadowlands legendary, go get [something] from Sargeras' sword to make your legendary cuff links.(side note: someone will make a "should we be using powers from Sargeras" thread)

Option B: At some point we'll make the sword a tool/power source for us

Option C: We'll blow it up/teleport it somewhere/shrink it with engineering tech

What I'm curious about is: Is Azeroth round? If so why isn't the other side of the sword sticking out somewhere? Did it not go all the way through? Going off this image

[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/e/ed/Sargeras_cleaving_planet.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151224174053[IMG]

I'd assume the sword is pretty long so it certainly should have gone all the way through. Or is Azeroth massive AF? If Azeroth IS round *takes deep breath* WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE BLIZZ!?!?!
    it's likely not the same sword.

the quest with the artifacts was to stop the sword from pumping corruptive energy into azeroth. sargeras' goal wasn't to destroy her anymore, as per legion artifact lore. it was to corrupt her and make her "his". we can deduct that the sword was never meant to kill her from combining these two facts. he knew his plan was failing, and in desperation stabbed the sword deep into her heart with some kind of corrupting magic in hope that it would turn her into a (likely)fel titan like sargeras himself, and she would continue his crusade against the void in his absence.

that's not confirmed, but going by the description of the scepter of sargeras and magni and others always saying the sword was releasing "corrupting" energy, i can only assume that this is the likely intention.

as for dealing with the sword, it is dealt with. the corrupting magic, its purpose, was removed. we can assume that if the sword's purpose was to corrupt azeroth either into a fel or death titan, then turning off the magic made the sword more lethal than sargeras intended. we seem to have channeled enough azerite into the heart to keep her from dying from the unintentionally fatal sword, and now we've removed the secondary threat to her mind in her weakened state. we did what we set out to do.

imo, we'd likely have been better off if we'd have let the sword finish corrupting her.

It was never about the sword, it was about the wound.

And the wound is now healed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Feel free to explain how the characters will go about removing a titan's weapon of that size.
    We could send a raid to clip the equivalent of its toenails and pound on its jaw a little bit. That seems to work. Later on, probably a single hero could manage something.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Have you been in the game and looked at the sword? It's not that big. It might not be big enough to pierce the crust.
    oh no, the game version of the sword isn't the true version. you see the true version in the cinematic and it is very clearly long enough to at least hit the core of the planet.

the game scaling is bad, you can't base anything off of that. there was some lore about thrall that said the ride from somewhere in hillsbrad to somewhere in arathi took two weeks, in game it's like 5min.

There's still the possibility of there being a mythic only cutscene/phase where the sword is dealt with.

Shh.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

DRAENOR IS FREE.

There is still a sword sticking out of Silithus. It's the whole reason the planet was crying out in pain.

Id imagine a gaping hole causes More damage than a foreign object.

Same reason you should never just remove the knife if it sticks from the stabwound

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ironic isn't it that without the sword plunging into Azeroth we wouldn't have been able to collect her blood and turn it into weapons to defeat N'Zoth?

Uhm, in Legion, we used the power of our artifact weapons to deal with it. That's why their powers are depleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    Uhm, in Legion, we used the power of our artifact weapons to deal with it. That's why their powers are depleted.
    "For the extremely reasonable sum of 1 gold and 94 silver I'll be happy to extinguish the sword and save the planet." This always cracked me up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."