Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Buy the new expansion instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Eh, doesn't bother me. Makes Silithus look interesting. It was otherwise a boring, uneventful zone. The sword acts as a reminder of what Sargeras did. Got to remember him somehow, we didn't fight him directly.
    What did he do exactly besides stab Azeroth with a sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    What did he do exactly besides stab Azeroth with a sword?
    Hump Azeroth from inside a cosmic cloud.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Have you been in the game and looked at the sword? It's not that big. It might not be big enough to pierce the crust.
    Even by ingame standards the swords is massive, taller then some mountains we fly over. Can a mount even reach the top of the sword?

Hump Azeroth from inside a cosmic cloud.
    i feel like he was probably communicating with her in some way. maybe trying to sway her to his side willingly.

it's not like she doesn't know about the void and those that serve it. it's been a part of her for eons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    The sword was N'zoth. We just killed him.

Anduin delivered the final blow with our player character.

Sylvanas divided her shoul in two pieces. One of the pieces was N'zoth.

She created N'zoth. She IS the Void.

That's why we must end her in Shadowlands, the realm of the Void Gods.
    Err... what?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i feel like he was probably communicating with her in some way. maybe trying to sway her to his side willingly.

it's not like she doesn't know about the void and those that serve it. it's been a part of her for eons.
    Depends on her level of sentience, I guess. Since she technically hasn't been born yet, in many ways she's still more like a baby. Not entirely sure about the level of intelligence of Titans yet to be born or how any of it works really, but if it's like Gaia then I guess she's sentient always and hatching is just like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Even by ingame standards the swords is massive, taller then some mountains we fly over. Can a mount even reach the top of the sword?
    I don't think so, I think you eventually hit a invisible wall. That and if anything is traveling near Azeroth they would see the hilt of the blade sticking out of Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    There is still a sword sticking out of Silithus. It's the whole reason the planet was crying out in pain.

Are we going to.... deal with that?
    You know how if you get an object plunged into you, removing it would make you bleed like crazy since it acts like a seal on the wound?

If we removed that shit, Azeroth would probs bleed out.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Feel free to explain how the characters will go about removing a titan's weapon of that size. N'zoth didn't put it there so why would killing him remove it? Do they even have something capable of cutting it? What happens when it is cut?
    Its a fantasy world with magic, any explanation is better than writing it off entirely. I had assume the magic azerite that was collected the entire expansion was going to be used to flush/ push the entire thing back out. Maybe there will be a pre shadowlands cinematic but it isn't looking likely.

Depends on her level of sentience, I guess. Since she technically hasn't been born yet, in many ways she's still more like a baby. Not entirely sure about the level of intelligence of Titans yet to be born or how any of it works really, but if it's like Gaia then I guess she's sentient always and hatching is just like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon.
    going by magni's level of communication with her, there's definitely a level of higher intelligence and understanding than just a fetus feeling things. she's capable of being very precise with her focus even.

i would assume that a titan can communicate on a deeper level with another titan, even in egg-form. even if he can't directly, he can still speak to her. she can hear and feel his voice on her, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'd assume the sword is pretty long so it certainly should have gone all the way through. Or is Azeroth massive AF? If Azeroth IS round *takes deep breath* WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE BLIZZ!?!?!
    There are lots of implications with this. There was a video on this a while back from the Game Theorists.

If the sword is sticking out the other side, there's an exit wound as well, which would also be spilling out copious amounts of Azerite - likely more than on the entry wound. Based on the location of the wound, the exit wound would be somewhere on the northern hemisphere of the other side of Azeroth.

However, from that video, the sword actually didn't go all the way through - they did calculations based on the size of Azeroth from the cinematic where Sargeras stabbed the planet. Azeroth is a huge planet, which makes sense since it's supposed to be such a large and important Titan in lore. So, the sword's tip is hanging around somewhere in the core, somehow missing the World-Soul directly. This also makes sense, since we haven't heard of an exit wound at all (other than random Azerite explosions across the entire surface, like in KT/Zand/IEs). That image you linked also showed Sargeras cleaving a planet, not stabbing it, so it's not the same situation (though, why wouldn't he do the same thing he did before?)

But, yeah, there are still questions about the other side of Azeroth and implications of Azerite and the sword, however. Chances are they're saving all that for another time, or it'll be forgotten about.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    going by magni's level of communication with her, there's definitely a level of higher intelligence and understanding than just a fetus feeling things. she's capable of being very precise with her focus even.

i would assume that a titan can communicate on a deeper level with another titan, even in egg-form. even if he can't directly, he can still speak to her. she can hear and feel his voice on her, surely.
    To be honest, I thought Magni was communicating with Azeroth the way a pregnant mother communicates with a child in her womb. He can feel her pain, and acts in her best interests to save her.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wait until a redeemed Sargeras pulls it out.
    That sounds too far our for me, although after what they pulled with Illidan, it's certainly not beyond Blizzard.

I could settle for "Sargeras is tired of having his face smashed in by Illidan and offers to retrieve the sword", though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know, but Blizzard doesn't care about updating things. Of all the things they've yet to update, to me it bothers me the least since Silithus is pretty boring looking without it.
    they don't 'need' to update it, just give us answer lore-wise
    Cata made Ashenvale fall to horde, while books clearly state that horde got kicked out of ashenvale
    We need to know how the f8ck is Azeroth cool with that sword in it? Or is Azeroth enjoying being raped by Sargeras sword as he always dreamed to do (well he dreamed to do it himself, but his sword is good enough it seems)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It falls like a giant meteor and causes more issues. Pulling it out, when it is larger than an Old god by looks of things would cause a new well of eternity like mess without the titans around this time to help turn the massive bleed into the new well. It might actually be for the best to keep it there for now.
    except wow official lore states that this sword penetration is why Azeroth is bleeding its lifeblood azerite 'everywhere' (i know game show it only in BFA zones, but lore-wise it is everywhere), so keeping the sword like that should lead to very slow painful death from bleeding
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

How do you even remove a country-sized sword anyway? It's not like you can just stick a few pulleys on the thing and pull it out.

Sargeras will most likely just pull the thing out once we both free and beat him in a 1v1 quest match. You know this is going to happen, hush...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    How do you even remove a country-sized sword anyway? It's not like you can just stick a few pulleys on the thing and pull it out.
    The blade is much bigger than a "mere country" lore-wise...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Azeroth is a planet, the Titan is just a soul at the core of the planet. A giant sword stab isn't going to do much damage to the titan itself. It was the dark energy pouring into the planet that hurt the titan. Just like when Y'shaarj was torn out, the Old Gods dark energy was seeping into the planet so when he was ripped out it left a scar.

Sargeras's energy interacted negatively with Azeroths causing her agony and causing that energy to seep out onto the planet. If this was going to act like a normal sword wound, then why was she bleeding everywhere and not just at the sword? If you cut your hand, your foot doesnt start gushing. We took the swords power away, but that negative damage was already done and we needed to stabilize Azeroth. Also, chances are if we remove the sword it'll just do the same thing that removing Y'shaarj did.

Smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since I'm not sure, the whole Gorshalach lore is out of the window after Legion isn't it? Otherwise mybe we just need to whack one of the millions of Taeshalach against Goribaal and they fuse again? :P
    Aggramar's and Sargeras' blades are now confirmed to be two different weapons altogether.

To be honest, I thought Magni was communicating with Azeroth the way a pregnant mother communicates with a child in her womb. He can feel her pain, and acts in her best interests to save her.
    he feels her emotional expression. but the way she expresses things to him to communicate suggests greater sentience than just reacting to stimuli.

she expresses her desire for you to take the heart, and focuses on the heart chamber a couple times throughout the expansion.

pretty sure Sargeras met Azeroth and got scared or something iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is shitty storytelling. We gonna ignore that sword because Blizzard has no clue wtf to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?