Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wow 2.0. Proper story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Margamanthak View Post
    Sadly, everyone who made Blizzard a company of passionate nerds has been driven out of Blizzard at this point.
    Those passioneate nerds are exactly the people who sold the company to activision and then bailed after they got the moneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    wow 2.0. Proper story telling.
    That's 10.0.

I really tried to like 8.3, but they just fucked up too much and fixed too little.

BFA = Blizzard Fucked Alts still holds true. Grinding dailies or old raids for 3 weeks to get essences for every. single. character. is just too much to stomach. Dailies weren't fun on ONE character after the first week or two. And instead of fixing this with some sort of acceleration, what do they do? They double down, and add an OP minor that's BiS for every single class gated behind - surprise - MORE DAILIES.

And then there's corruption. Talk about frying pan into fire. Yes, TF was shit. It's great they thought of a solution. Except the solution is EVEN MORE SHIT. Before, rolling a stupid high TF piece already felt like an RNG lottery - but rolling a piece with the right corruption is fucking insanity. Why yes, of course I want ONE PIECE OF GEAR to mean 10-20% passive damage on a single-target raid boss. What could possibly be wrong with that! Oh, you didn't roll the right corruption? Tough titties, guess you're not parsing then, are you. Do you want some math on how high something would have needed to TF in the old system to have one piece of gear be a 10% damage increase? Not to mention the fun of 5-million-gold BoEs, or farming blue WQ rewards because hey who cares about 40 ilvl downgrades if they got those tier 3 Infinite Fuck-Yous or Twilight Dicks on them.

The raid is alright, but not, like, amazing, either. We killed Skitra mythic in 3 pulls with 19 people because one guy DCed and we thought we'd just do practice pulls until he's back. Soccer boss is absolute misery, because you just sit there jerking off until some random guy you have no control over fucks up and wipes you all, rinse & repeat. And if you haven't AFKed enough on that fight, you can do so on Drest'agath. Oh, and, that super epic villain that's been scheming behind the scenes for literal centuries, and was built up as the ultimate manipulator for an entire expansion? Yeah you just go in there and kind of kill it. Well, not YOU you, but your super awesome Kamehameha-bracelet, because gods forbid characters are ever actually powerful instead of borrowing their superpowers for one expansion before giving them back to reset back to bear-ass-collecting duty.

I don't even care about the lore, really, but it's PREPOSTEROUSLY BAD. What, the super evil megabad the titans couldn't kill finally gets loose, and all that happens is... maybe some small parts of some fringe zones at the ass end of nowhere get some minor inconveniences popping up? But not to worry - you get to see a glimpse of what COULD have happened. Instead of, you know, actually letting something happen for a change. But no, that would be too radical. So anyway, that insanely manipulative mastermind that outsmarted the big evil deities of chaos themselves decides that now that he's been freed from his prison on Azeroth - where, as we know, even the Titans couldn't kill him without damaging the world - the best thing to do is to go SOMEWHERE ELSE where WE CAN KILL HIM without any harm to Azeroth. That sounds EXACTLY like what someone who's been touted as a truly ancient, many-millennia old master schemer and manipulator surviving on his wits alone would do. Oh and when we find Azshara again - you know, the evil bitch behind so much misery it takes books to catalog - we just let her go because "hey what's SHE going to do, right?".

I really tried. I took part in everything 8.3 has to offer. And it just is the same shit that made me quit during EP, if not WORSE.

Shadowlands better be a fucking miracle piece of shining-ass inspiration. No preorder for me, and if you've any sense, you shouldn't either. Let them PROVE they can salvage this clusterfuck first.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll resub for ZulGurub in classic, then again in Shadowlands prepatch.

I propably wont, even if they reverted all systems i growth to despise, like endless progression, unreasonable gating of content, stupid story.

Truth is those system showed me what the devs and the company is like. Remember when they threatened to increase costs of azerite armor respec if we dont shut up? This is their attitude towards us. We are wallet to them that need to be separated from the money at all cost.

And simply i dont care anymore. I wont even comeback to TBC or Wrath servers. I have very good memories of that time and dont want to ruin them because either i changed or they are not as good as i remembered them. Will always remember completing every freaking quests in Outlands on my mage. How it grew into power to kill group quests 3 mob before he could reach me. Will always remembers those freaking raptors in Stranglethorn Vale and drink every 3-4 mobs The DK starting zone when it was fresh, the enjoyment when collectors edition off wrath came, the joy to spend hours talking with my brother about the game, when patch notes were THE NEWS! Or when running Uthgard Keep on heroic and somebody droppped news bomb that worgen and goblins are coming in Cataclysm.

There is no way to replicate it, because things moved, im different person that i was then and current blizzard is not a company i want to support. I would miss lots of stuff (transmog, my mage, my dk, the animations, story bits) but have great memories to come back too. And there are so many great video games that spending what little time i have on WoW seems like madness for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    I highly disagree with removing mythic+. It keeps dungeons relevant and I dont need to find raids all the time. Keeping it segregated is also bad. I dont want to carry around 5 different sets.
    TBC dungeons stayed relevant entire expansion and it didnt need mythic+ at.all. Difficulty levels do not belong into mmorpg.

In 12 years, this is the first time I am out.

I might come back for Shadowlands, but I don't feel the game as used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    TBC dungeons stayed relevant entire expansion and it didnt need mythic+ at.all. Difficulty levels do not belong into mmorpg.
    Of course they belong. MMO to survive need to shoot for as wide audience as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    In 12 years, this is the first time I am out.

I might come back for Shadowlands, but I don't feel the game as used to.
    Many will do the same for at least the first month of Shadowlands. BfA 8.3 is my first time not playing an x.3 patch. WoD was so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Of course they belong. MMO to survive need to shoot for as wide audience as possible.
    not really, they should actually do the opposite and make sure their audience that they had stays.. but Blizzard alienated their existing(at the time) audience by changing the game too much because they wanted to attract new audience, which didn't happen so now they have 1, maybe 2m people playing retail.. Obviously it didn't happen all at once, but there were some minor and some major steps, major step was Wrath, but then again Wrath was just a first step and most people didn't care enough because the expansion setting was so damn great and other parts of Wrath were amazing, but it was first step towards accessibility.. then the other major step was doubling down on difficulty in Cata, then the biggest step was WoD/Legion etc. with pruning and insane amounts of RNG

WoW at the time was already too old to attract a lot of new people.. majority of people that wanted to try WoW already did try it years ago
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2020-02-26 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    not really, they should actually do the opposite and make sure their audience that they had stays.. but Blizzard alienated their existing(at the time) audience by changing the game too much because they wanted to attract new audience, which didn't happen so now they have 1, maybe 2m people playing retail.. Obviously it didn't happen all at once, but there were some minor and some major steps, major step was Wrath, but then again Wrath was just a first step and most people didn't care enough because the expansion setting was so damn great and other parts of Wrath were amazing, but it was first step towards accessibility.. then the other major step was doubling down on difficulty in Cata, then the biggest step was WoD/Legion etc. with pruning and insane amounts of RNG

WoW at the time was already too old to attract a lot of new people.. majority of people that wanted to try WoW already did try it years ago
    Wrath was the best time for wow EVER. Objectively basen on the number of subscribers.

And yes, any MMORPG that try to be niche will die in silence.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Visual confirmation from other people who play Shadowlands that the lottery shit is out. I am not coming back to this shitshow before that crap is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Wrath was the best time for wow EVER. Objectively basen on the number of subscribers.

And yes, any MMORPG that try to be niche will die in silence.
    I never said Wrath wasn't good, i just said that Wrath made first steps towards WoW's downfall.. because it was just first steps it didn't matter that much at the time

oh and i didn't say WoW should be niche, it never was and will never be..

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But what we have now is pretty much seasonal gaming, much like in D3.
    I’ve been saying that all of bfa, even before classic, and I got crucified for it by the pro bfa crowd but even preach read with and agreed with my seasonal d3 criticism from last year.

It’s great for people who come and go and want a diablo 3 Style gameplay, but many of he would prefer a More traditional ladder system with static gear. Which is why classic has such a following from a certain crowd.

Wow today in retail resembles diablo 3 loot more than Everquest loot, which makes it more mmo arpg than mmoRPG

a lot of class changes, unpruning, less RNG in gearing.. that would be enough i'd say

I never said Wrath wasn't good, i just said that Wrath made first steps towards WoW's downfall.. because it was just first steps it didn't matter that much at the time

oh and i didn't say WoW should be niche, it never was and will never be..
    Mmorpgs have and always will be a niche genre.

Even at 12 mil subs, than an insignificant minority of global gamers. It isn’t like it had 12 mil gamers in each USA state or European country.

Compare it’s numbers to call of duty, fifa, any powerhouse of gaming and compare and you’ll see even 12 mil is a small # of gamers

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Mmorpgs have and always will be a niche genre.

Even at 12 mil subs, than an insignificant minority of global gamers. It isn’t like it had 12 mil gamers in each USA state or European country.

Compare it’s numbers to call of duty, fifa, any powerhouse of gaming and compare and you’ll see even 12 mil is a small # of gamers
    well at the time 12m was actually huge and it was one of the most popular games.. nowadays 12m wouldn't be as much, but would still be a lot

also you're exaggerating how many people are playing other games.. League of Legends is the most popular game still and it doesn't have as many players as you think in comparison with WoW...

for example Dota is in the top5 for the highest number of concurrent players online with 1.25m players and at the time it had ~11m monthly active users. WoW had 12m subs and i bet it had more concurrent players than 1.25m considering that usual playing sessions are way longer in WoW than in Dota. And now remember that it was in 2010. In 2010 WoW was absolutely huge

well at the time 12m was actually huge and it was one of the most popular games.. nowadays 12m wouldn't be as much, but would still be a lot

also you're exaggerating how many people are playing other games.. League of Legends is the most popular game still and it doesn't have as many players as you think in comparison with WoW...

for example Dota is in the top5 for the highest number of concurrent players online with 1.25m players and at the time it had ~11m monthly active users. WoW had 12m subs and i bet it had more concurrent players than 1.25m considering that usual playing sessions are way longer in WoW than in Dota. And now remember that it was in 2010. In 2010 WoW was absolutely huge
    Concurrent players is not even comparable as a stat. 1 mil concurrent players likely means 10x that

And LoL, isn’t a game I play, but they often have as many people watching on stream as WoW has total subs. Let that sink in.

Wow was huge for us as wow players, and for a brief window in pop culture, but fact is 12 mil is nothing in terms of gaming.

Compare it to other mega titles at the time such as modern warfare 2. Mw2 player base was 5-10x that of wow at wows peak

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Concurrent players is not even comparable as a stat. 1 mil concurrent players likely means 10x that

And LoL, isn’t a game I play, but they often have as many people watching on stream as WoW has total subs. Let that sink in.

Wow was huge for us as wow players, and for a brief window in pop culture, but fact is 12 mil is nothing in terms of gaming.

Compare it to other mega titles at the time such as modern warfare 2. Mw2 player base was 5-10x that of wow at wows peak
    well exactly it's 10x of that or maybe less usually, which is exactly what i was saying with Dota example.. Dota had 1.25m concurrent players and ~11m monthly players.. but it's DotA which is a completely different game from WoW. I explained how WoW playing session usually last longer so the number of concurrent players with 12m subs was definitely higher than 1.25m. And it was 10 years ago. At the time WoW didn't have that many competing games..

As for MW2 you're greatly exaggerating the number of players that were playing it.. Activision reported that they had 8m players playing it in the first 5 days after launch.. i bet WoW also had peaks of having number that is close to this during expansion launches