Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daxia3 View Post
    I play a rogue, so obviously I love the feeling of knowing that somewhere in the world there is another person screaming at his screen in frustration when I keep sapping/blind him when he is trying to mount or heartstone. Whats even better is when they unintentionally attack you in a town and get taken down by the guards, while you are running circles around them /laughing. I actually had this paladin tank first trying to outrun the guards in uldum, then after getting netted 10 times he started fighting them which lasted for almost 10 min after which I of course sapped and blinded him a few more times until diminishing returns finally made him immune. I guess bubbleheart never occurred to him.

There has to be more tools and toys that can be used to annoy people, please share!!!
    You sir, are among the lowest of the lowest in this community. Not trying to insult you here.
    Being a nuisance to another (singular) player once in a blue moon is okay, BUT camping that singular player for I don't know how long you have fun with, and disabling their ability to play the game because you make guards attack them by running into the other player's aoe OVER AND OVER AGAIN is making a real dick out of you.

AFAIK, this can be seen as griefing and is a ban worthy action.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Exactly, WARcraft. Not ANNOYcraft.
    Just put yourself in griefed - annoyed player shoes.
    How exactly you understand whats war about? Have you ever been to one?
    dont need to be in one to understand that there is more than just killing the other side. and yes griefing (in this case, aka sabatoge) is in fact part of war. dont be thick. just because you dont like it. doesnt mean it isnt any less valid in terms of functional mechanics. denying a player progress is not unlike denying a country resource access via trade sanctions or strait up destruction, like when the middle east had a whole fuck tonne of oil rigs go up in flames in Kuwait because some turkish insurgents didnt want a country to have oil. that was real life griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    dont need to be in one to understand that there is more than just killing the other side. and yes griefing (in this case, aka sabatoge) is in fact part of war. dont be thick. just because you dont like it. doesnt mean it isnt any less valid in terms of functional mechanics. denying a player progress is not unlike denying a country resource access via trade sanctions or strait up destruction, like when the middle east had a whole fuck tonne of oil rigs go up in flames in Kuwait because some turkish insurgents didnt want a country to have oil. that was real life griefing.
    I dont think any victim likes it.
    If griefer isnt aware that victim on the other side will freak out, I wouldnt say a word. Thats pure ignorance.
    But as OP is fully aware of that, it is just sadistic.
    Thats why I have a life motto “never do something to anyone if I wouldnt like it to be done to me.”

I sit in Ramkahen and sap Horde bastards trying to hearth. Then I blind. Then I kidney out of that. Then back to sap. Easily a 2 minute inconvenience and the salt...oh the glorious salt as they try to find me and spam AoE...then they pull the guards and die. Its magnificent.

Nets, sapping, ganks. Game is kinda limited on what you can do to annoy the opposite faction. Plus, they can turn off WM on a whim. I miss the old times without warmode.

Back in BC, since I was a kid and had a lot more time, i used to spend entire days ganking and making other mad. It got even more fun when poeple adquire the ability to make a characters of both faction in the same realm and make one and /w you cursing your entire family.

Good times.

You are upsetting fellow player playing same game as you do. If that looks fun to you, it certainly doesnt for him. Try working on your empathy.
    Well, that's the game, enjoy it.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-02-03 at 02:47 PM.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Being a void elf male destro warlock works pretty good for me :'D

IF you don't like people griefing you turn Warmode off, pretty simple. I used it for maybe a week all of BfA, it is very uninteresting to me to make the game annoying by letting trolls anger me while trying to do PvE for a tiny bonus.

I actually wish Horde and Alliance could group if Warmode is off, that seems like the natural route they should take with the 2 modes, you would drastically increase the amount of content that could be done and the pool of players for that content.

I play a rogue, so obviously I love the feeling of knowing that somewhere in the world there is another person screaming at his screen in frustration when I keep sapping/blind him when he is trying to mount or heartstone. Whats even better is when they unintentionally attack you in a town and get taken down by the guards, while you are running circles around them /laughing. I actually had this paladin tank first trying to outrun the guards in uldum, then after getting netted 10 times he started fighting them which lasted for almost 10 min after which I of course sapped and blinded him a few more times until diminishing returns finally made him immune. I guess bubbleheart never occurred to him.

There has to be more tools and toys that can be used to annoy people, please share!!!
    the best way to annoy enemy faction is killing them with the rogue class.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Ha, had the oposite experience :P

As a Paladin, a rogue was annoying with sap and killing things in a neutral camp. So I killed it. Then with freedom and Divine Stead I ran away. It felt great.

My usual reaction to rouges saping etc is usually to sigh and walk/run away. I pitty them. It's a bit childish to sap just to annoy but hey, the age rating of WoW is quite low, so whatever

I'm really not the type of person wanting to annoy people… I guess the closest would be to run into some ten Alliance, pop wings and Divine Shield and stealing the WQ mob they're waiting for. Nothing they can do. Then I run away.

Or killing someone doing a rare/WQ mob, stealing it. Warmode FTW!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    kill their flight masters repeatedly. camp them repeatedly. kill their auction house npcs repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another example of how PVPers are the lowest form of life in this game for various reasons. I'm so glad you all willingly separate yourselves from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just use my macro to laugh at them. The really bad ones manage to let me equip my fishing pole and go to sleep too. Drives rogues in particular nuts. For extra fun I log on to my second account and go do whatever while tabbing back once in awhile to make sure they're still having fun.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I doubt it's relevant at this point, but back when the Darkshore world boss was current (and friendly to my faction) I enjoyed luring people to him so he could obliterate them. This is how it usually went: while staying close to the world boss, I dismounted/started attacking people who were searching for a group to kill him, no matter their class or ilvl. The more gullible ones rushed to kill me and thus triggered the world boss. Fun times.
    Wait, Moonfang was friendly to a faction?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Exactly, WARcraft. Not ANNOYcraft.
    Just put yourself in griefed - annoyed player shoes.
    How exactly you understand whats war about? Have you ever been to one?
    Boy, it sure sounds like they need to turn off warmode then

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Wait, Moonfang was friendly to a faction?
    You seem to be confusing Darkshore with Darkmoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    You seem to be confusing Darkshore with Darkmoon.
    Oh, derp. Yes.
    Yes I was.
    I was reading the front page and still had it in the back of me noggin', thats why.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I actually wish Horde and Alliance could group if Warmode is off, that seems like the natural route they should take with the 2 modes, you would drastically increase the amount of content that could be done and the pool of players for that content.
    I'm with you on this one. Makes literally no sense that there's a giant monster trying to destroy the entire world, but I can't work together with an Orc even though we literally have exactly the same goal. At least things like world quest elites can be tagged by both factions, it's nice having war mode off and being able to kill things with the opposite faction while you both get credit.

I guess they figure nobody would use War Mode if that was the case though, as it stands hardly anyone uses War Mode because the annoyances (most of which are listed in this thread) aren't worth the trouble for 10% rewards or whatever it is.

Probably the response you're (bizarrely) looking for but...

...you're a piece of **** and I hope karma catches up with you!

I assume you only ever grief online, where you can escape the consequences of your actions?

So you're a piece of **** AND coward.

You must be so proud of yourself.

I tend to help the other faction if I see them struggle or something, both with war mode on and off.

Except when I do the weekly call to arms. NO MERCY!

10+ Year Old Account
    While outright griefing is toxic, as a mage there are little things i will occasionally do. For instance, was questing yesterday and passed a horde monk. I was not really looking to fight and he didn't seem interested in it. Casually questing, he incapacitates me. I think o boy, ima have to kill a monk...then he proceeds to quest. I laugh then wait to see him pulling some mobs (i wait til he kills them cause im not a dick) then i sheep him. Wave and walk on. The next 10 minutes is us randomly CCing each other at odd times. Little things like that are fun interactions.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.