Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The only thing I found annoying is that for some reason alliance always come in grps lol altho its quite sad.

So keep doing that and your safe on being a douche
    The reason is Overwhelming Odds, weekly 25kill quest that awards 445loot and Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Attack someome who is ready to kill a rare, kill them, then kill the rare after you get the tag.
    Hehe, this.

I don't grief camp folks on my rogue. I usually just wait until they are in a major fight then stabby stabby. For extra fun, I drop my flag of ownership.

Only rarely do I hang around for another kill. Usually if it's a traitorious Horde panda.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    its called world of WARcraft. war involves sabatoge. griefing the other faction like this, is completely fine as it is in fact a sabatoge of their own progress. is it annoying. yes. does it piss me off when it happens to me? absolutely. do i take a whiney stance about it being part of the game? no, because i understand that there is more to war than just killing each other, and this exemplifies that fact without actually hurting anyone.
    except griefing is against the ToS.

XI: Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

2: Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

and again in another termination of service contract you signed.
    1: Any behaviour that endangers the gaming experience of other players.

Griefing another player and endangering his play experience is never ok and will be dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    You are upsetting fellow player playing same game as you do. If that looks fun to you, it certainly doesnt for him. Try working on your empathy.
    World PvP is 100% ganking and griefing. Always has been, always will be. Turn on warmode and you're opting into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly for me it's killing people like you lol.

Nothing more satisfying then having someone try to gank/annoy you and you turn around and nuke their whole existence.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Um........wtf? You wasted hours of your life spamming /spit on some guy in a video game who wasted a few minutes of yours?

That's like someone spilling a cup of water on you, and you jumping in a pool fully clothed to get back at them. With your phone in your pocket.
    This is a thread on "how to be a troll". That was a fun time I had harassing a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    This is a thread on "how to be a troll". That was a fun time I had harassing a troll.
    You think some random spamming a /spit emote annoys anyone? Jesus man, i highly doubt they even noticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    except griefing is against the ToS.

XI: Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

2: Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

and again in another termination of service contract you signed.
    1: Any behaviour that endangers the gaming experience of other players.

Griefing another player and endangering his play experience is never ok and will be dealt with
    Although the repeated killing of quest givers etc has been known to trigger a response from Blizzard, no one has been able to provide a single shred of evidence of anyone every being banned by blizzard for pvp. They say themselves that corpse camping etc is within the rules.

Although they contradict themselves constantly and release statements from time to time which seem to go against their own ToS, in 15 years i am yet to see proof of a single person being banned for camping / ganking / etc. Like i said, killing quest givers and auctioneers etc has always been a grey area, my opinion is REPEATED killing of npc's would fall under their definition of briefing.

Whenever this topic comes up, and it comes up VERY frequently, people start talking about "high profile" cases of "entire guilds" being banned for "pvp". But when you spend 5 mins looking into any of these situations, the ban is typically 1-5 people, not an entire guild, and it is for something very different to "pvp". One guild had multiple people banned, and people often claim it was for "mass pvp", but it was for intentionally crashing servers by sending huge numbers of players into one spot all at once and spamming aoe etc until the realm crashed. My understanding is these idiots even bragged about it in guild chat, planned it in guild chat, and in public chat channels.

What i find is that whenever there is outrage, Blizzard release some statement about griefing to appease the care bears, and then everything carries on as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Honestly for me it's killing people like you lol.

Nothing more satisfying then having someone try to gank/annoy you and you turn around and nuke their whole existence.
    So just to be clear - ganking is "annoying", but when YOU gank, its "satisfying".

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You think some random spamming a /spit emote annoys anyone? Jesus man, i highly doubt they even noticed.
    Well, I did it for me. And I had fun. So I consider it a TOTAL VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Well, I did it for me. And I had fun. So I consider it a TOTAL VICTORY!
    Simple things amuse simple minds - i cannot think of anything more boring than walking around stealthed emoting some random person for even a few minutes, let alone for HOURS.