Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post Wowhead's Tier List for DPS Specs for Ny'alotha

so wowhead.com has come out with tier rankings for "what dps should you play in Mythic ny'alotha" ... they also have lists for tanks + healers but since there are fewer tanks + healer specs (and i believe a much larger majority of players play DPS specs) this is the tier list:

for one, i have never been a fan of these tier lists as people take it to heart when not wanting to play a sub-optimal spec. but i get it, especially in Mythic raids, you need to perform at the top level.

what do you think about this tier list? will it change the DPS spec you play in 8.3? what do you think about the specs and their placement in regards to overall class balance?

i've been playing Havoc DH since 8.1.5 going for AotC each raid tier so at the very least I am happy Havoc is going to generally perform very well on most of the encounters in Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    so wowhead.com has come out with tier rankings for "what dps should you play in Mythic ny'alotha" ... they also have lists for tanks + healers but since there are fewer tanks + healer specs (and i believe a much larger majority of players play DPS specs) this is the tier list:

for one, i have never been a fan of these tier lists as people take it to heart when not wanting to play a sub-optimal spec. but i get it, especially in Mythic raids, you need to perform at the top level.

what do you think about this tier list? will it change the DPS spec you play in 8.3? what do you think about the specs and their placement in regards to overall class balance?

i've been playing Havoc DH since 8.1.5 going for AotC each raid tier so at the very least I am happy Havoc is going to generally perform very well on most of the encounters in Ny'alotha
    I think I can identify most icons, but what's the bottom left one?

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe that Survival and Unholy are that poor.

The wowhead's tank list was so bad it was like a joke btw. That guy making it got totally roasted in the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Enhancement
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Enhancement

I see, thanks.

enhancement shaman

edit: wooooooooooosh i'm late

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    While the list may be accurate in terms of performance, I honestly don't give a darn. I am still going to be Enhancement, Arcane and Unholy, because that is what I like better than Elemental, Fire and Frost. For the rest of the classes, my chosen spec is the top performer on the list anyway, so I'm okay.

The bad thing about any kind of rankings list, is what you wrote youreself. People take it as the only truth and will attempt to play accordingly. That is why we've always had people switch specs or even classes several times during and expansion. I find it stupid, but then again, I've never been in the mindset that I must be the best of the best of the best that are better than the best.

This thread made me notice how similar the sub and survival icons are. Mhmm

Alliance Main is DH, so S.
    New Main Alt is Destro, so A
    Second Raiding Alt is Arcane so question mark haha
    Horde Dps Main is BM Hunter so B

I am well represented.

I kind of enjoy these lists just to decide what alts I'll pursue for the tier. My main is MM hunter but I'll probably try and get some gear on my fire mage before my WW monk. Mind, I am entirely casual so I'm not really affected by the 'meta' to a point where I am excluded from the things I want to do the way I want to do them.

I didn't look at the dps one, only looked at the tank one. And that one was highly subjective. Maybe the DPS one is less subjective because there are actual numbers that can be evaluated. But in general I don't like lists like this - the premise is that you're changing your class this PATCH, which means you're doing a level of progression that requires this; but it usually ends up that people who do NOT have that kind of progression follow these lists and reject the "uncool" classes / specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think it's good for the community for something like this in such a high profile site.
    Meh, one of these will exist by like 9pm tonight lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Frost DK back from the dead?

Good to see that fire mages are still powerhouses.

I’m not currently playing, but watching the streams and seeing the 3000 tentacles and adds I’d move Shadow up to A or S Tier. There’s probably going to be more adds or chunkier adds in Mythic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Meh, one of these will exist by like 9pm tonight lol
    Yeah, but it will be vastly different considering that one has arcane not a dumpster and shadow at the top.

Play what you want or what your guild wants you to play if you are a try hard. All the specs are pretty bland anyways.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Survival and Unholy are that poor.

The wowhead's tank list was so bad it was like a joke btw. That guy making it got totally roasted in the comments.
    This one got roasted too, especially by feral druid fanbase (which is small but dedicated) and some frost mages.

If you can't rate feral / frost (mage) / enhancement, how about you educate yourself, ask pro players of these classes, etc. instead of just saying "can't rate, sorry, I'm gonna put them into F rank which stands for no Fking clue".

Yeah I know it was "?" not "F" but it was conveniently placed on the bottom of the chart, can't make a chart then don't make one...

I think tiers like these are harmful to the community because the pro players already know what to play, and not-so-pro players don't need to follow a fotm chart and can mostly get away with whatever raid comp as long as it's balanced, and pick people based on who does the least stupid mistakes instead of who plays the fotm class (and has 10% grey parse on it).

Limit, Method or Pieces don't read articles, they write them, or set trends by giving example so the other smartasses can write summaries "what setup world race guilds used and why". And then the plebs follow it even if they're gonna be 3/12 3 months later still.

Especially with mage, it's "hard" to rate frost / arcane because when fire is strong, all top mages swap to it and play that spec exclusively. That doesn't mean the other 2 mage specs are completely rubbish unplayable.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-01-27 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This one got roasted too, especially by feral druid fanbase (which is small but dedicated) and some frost mages.

If you can't rate feral / frost (mage) / enhancement, how about you educate yourself, ask pro players of these classes, etc. instead of just saying "can't rate, sorry, I'm gonna put them into F rank which stands for no Fking clue".

Yeah I know it was "?" not "F" but it was conveniently placed on the bottom of the chart, can't make a chart then don't make one...

I think tiers like these are harmful to the community because the pro players already know what to play, and not-so-pro players don't need to follow a fotm chart and can mostly get away with whatever raid comp as long as it's balanced, and pick people based on who does the least stupid mistakes instead of who plays the fotm class (and has 10% grey parse on it).

Limit, Method or Pieces don't read articles, they write them, or set trends by giving example so the other smartasses can write summaries "what setup world race guilds used and why". And then the plebs follow it even if they're gonna be 3/12 3 months later still.

Especially with mage, it's "hard" to rate frost / arcane because when fire is strong, all top mages swap to it and play that spec exclusively. That doesn't mean the other 2 mage specs are completely rubbish unplayable.
    My Feral Druid buddy seems to be doing well. Granted, he got T3 Echoing Void on his first piece of Corrupted gear but hey... Balance in 8.3, amirtie?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    My Feral Druid buddy seems to be doing well. Granted, he got T3 Echoing Void on his first piece of Corrupted gear but hey... Balance in 8.3, amirtie?
    Yeah, corruption RNG matters more than class, spec or most ability to play right now.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.