Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Usually though you ask for a refund before you consume the whole turd and have to ask with shit on your teeth :P
    Yeah but sometimes employees makes a slippery slope or the system malfunctions :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    ok thanks? I didnt pre-order the game but cheers for the helpful hint.

Are only people that pre-ordered the game allowed to comment on shitty business practices?
    Then why bitch about the refund policy? If anything it's the poster child for not preordering unless you know exactly what you're getting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, this situation is more like, you ordered a car with X features 1 year before it came out, then at Car-con they said they would be unable to deliver those features, and when you receive the car and see it doesn't have those features you bitch.

But in this case they took features from your old car... which is the main shitty part of the whole thing.
    If it was a car, there would be heavy legal repercussions if the planned car you bought 1 year in advance, changed features while you waited without really making sure, that you know that the changes have been made.

Like, i know that you can't always expect all promised features to be in a yet to be made product. Things gets delayed, you hit roadbumps and find out that some things are impossible.
    But in that case, you need to be completely honest with the consumer and tell them about what changes are being made to the plan. The fact, that there are(maybe were) cutscenes on the Warcraft home page, that are actually missing from the final game, is in many countries a direct break of the law(and just plain good business).
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Then why bitch about the refund policy? If anything it's the poster child for not preordering unless you know exactly what you're getting.
    Because I sympathize with people because I have this thing called empathy.

I got my fingers burnt badly with Destiny 2 and activision-blizzard is officially off the pre-order list even if they do everything to entice it with juicy WoW rewards. Trying to return that game was impossible even having only played it for 1 hr and the game was a bug/RAM hogging mess.

And think about your stance for a moment. You're defending a bad product because "DonT PReORdER" Why? Why do you not want the best for the business AND the customer?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If it was a car, there would be heavy legal repercussions if the planned car you bought 1 year in advance, changed features while you waited without really making sure, that you know that the changes have been made.

Like, i know that you can't always expect all promised features to be in a yet to be made product. Things gets delayed, you hit roadbumps and find out that some things are impossible.
    But in that case, you need to be completely honest with the consumer and tell them about what changes are being made to the plan. The fact, that there are(maybe were) cutscenes on the Warcraft home page, that are actually missing from the final game, is in many countries a direct break of the law(and just plain good business).
    It wouldn't lead to anything legal if you were told and given the option to refund.

Blizz probably would have refunded after the announcement if you contacted them and explained you only ordered because of the updated cinematics and changed story.

The video though is a big fuck-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I sympathize with people because I have this thing called empathy.

I got my fingers burnt badly with Destiny 2 and activision-blizzard is officially off the pre-order list even if they do everything to entice it with juicy WoW rewards. Trying to return that game was impossible even having only played it for 1 hr and the game was a bug/RAM hogging mess.

And think about your stance for a moment. You're defending a bad product because "DonT PReORdER" Why? Why do you not want the best for the business AND the customer?
    It's a mediocre product yes, but a lot of the reason that people are pissed (not having the story and shit like that) is their own fault.

The only reason that really has bearing is the fact that they messed up a few things in the original game (though looks like they're fixing some of them)

7+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't lead to anything legal if you were told and given the option to refund.

Blizz probably would have refunded after the announcement if you contacted them and explained you only ordered because of the updated cinematics and changed story.

The video though is a big fuck-up.
    The thing is that you have to be told directly. From what i hear, its not like the people who pre-ordered Reforged got a news letter each month with updates about the games development xD

Having the information somewhere on the forums are not good enough. If you pre-buy a product at any point, its the responsibility of the producer to inform you directly if there are changes to the promised product(atleast in some countries).

No matter what, its just bad developer ethics, and thats even aside of the game just being a direct bad remaster/product. One would expect Blizzard to have more respect for the game, that laid the foundation for their entire current company.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The thing is that you have to be told directly. From what i hear, its not like the people who pre-ordered Reforged got a news letter each month with updates about the games development xD

Having the information somewhere on the forums are not good enough. If you pre-buy a product at any point, its the responsibility of the producer to inform you directly if there are changes to the promised product(atleast in some countries).

No matter what, its just bad developer ethics, and thats even aside of the game just being a direct bad remaster/product. One would expect Blizzard to have more respect for the game, that laid the foundation for their entire current company.
    You'd have to dig up the laws honestly, I doubt that most countries have anything that says you have be contacted directly. usually a public announcement is enough.

Hell, delaying a game is basically the same vein and you don't have to contact your preorders directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to dig up the laws honestly, I doubt that most countries have anything that says you have be contacted directly. usually a public announcement is enough.

Hell, delaying a game is basically the same vein and you don't have to contact your preorders directly.
    It ofcourse depends on the product, but then again, pre-ordering is not really a thing in most areas of production. It happens some times in large industry, but is mostly video games.

That is why the law is properly so bendy, as it always is when it comes to regulating video games. It has not been experienced before, so the president is being set now.

That said, i am quite sure, that Blizzard have made sure to cower their back in these situations, as their Terms of Service properly says, that you have to accept any changes in the product until (and after) launch.

Edit: If this happened in any other business, i would be sure something would be done about it, but we are talking about the gaming industry, so big law does not care aslong as money is being made i guess....

I wonder what its like seeing the reaction of WC3 reforged when you were one of the staff laid off by activision.

Particularly in the quality assurances areas. Probably laughing their ass off on the unemployment line

I wonder what its like seeing the reaction of WC3 reforged when you were one of the staff laid off by activision.

Particularly in the quality assurances areas. Probably laughing their ass off on the unemployment line
    Probably laughing their asses off in another industry with their analysis skills getting paid 50% more.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Probably laughing their asses off in another industry getting paid 50% more.
    Yeah can certainly get paid more outside of video game design.

But every man and his dog is doing computing sciences now its always about who you know in regards to employment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reforged is worse in just about every way. To bad too, I really liked WC3.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think there are some people who didn't get this is not just "wc3 remaster" if it was people would not be that mad, but it was supposed to "wc3 rEfOrGeD"

i at least expected the ingame cinematic be like the sthraholme thing, that they still advertise as being ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i at least expected the ingame cinematic be like the sthraholme thing, that they still advertise as being ingame
    And today they said on a blue post the cinematics being crappier was "intended" to replicate and to not ruin the nostalgia.
    Pahahah
    Can you believe that? "Intended" ? LooL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    And today they said on a blue post the cinematics being crappier was "intended" to replicate and to not ruin the nostalgia.
    Pahahah
    Can you believe that? "Intended" ? LooL
    Ah hey come on, they just didnt want to make it TOO good so it didnt distract from the original, which is bugged out now thanks to this game.

And it makes perfect sense. Unless you ask yourself, wait why bother making a remaster, sorry I mean reforge at all then?

Ah hey come on, they just didnt want to make it TOO good so it didnt distract from the original, which is bugged out now thanks to this game.

And it makes perfect sense. Unless you ask yourself, wait why bother making a remaster, sorry I mean reforge at all then?
    It just makes no sense and ruins the credibility of the entire post.
    I think everyone agrees on planet earth...the cinematic example showcased on the official site is...awesome...incredible...cool...amazing

Why would someone want the game to be amazing? Not us Blizzard entertainment, because it would ruin the nostalgia.
    If the cinematic wasnt "cool"...then why was everyone on the internet excited about it? Why was it shown to us as a preview?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Game reviews are partially about context....

You re release a game with a price tag that was already running fine on the platform....And you make it worse.

Other than ports...which are by definition not the same platform I can't recall anything like this. It's obvious why it happens in ports why would they do this? I can't imagine they made a lot of money off of it relative to the terrible press of having to rework their custom game system.
    No proper game reviews are of objectivity. If the game play is an 8 out of 10 (not my view of WC3 just putting it out there.) but you were expecting a 10 or it had some issues not involving the actual part of the game that matters (ie controlling the units. Ladders/cinematics and shit are not gameplay) then it is still an 8/10. Not "It wasn't everything i wanted reeee 0/10"

People need to stop being memers and emotional about these things and think logically.

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo were all his babies he basically created. Of course he cares about them even though he isn't directly involved anymore. He is still a player of those games although casually.
    If he thought Blizzard were being controlled by Activision (which he would know) or intentionally fucking things up he'd be screaming from the rooftop, not staying quiet. All it needs is him, Morhaime or hell any of those who were fired in the past few years to come out, named and say "Yes everything is shit because Kotik and co." and boom there's the evidence. Until now all we have is youtubers "Dude trust us." and that's about it.

I mean, don't preorder a game with little to no info and only "this is what we plan to do"s?

You literally would lose out nothing having waited for it.
    They had a gameplay demo at blizzcon dude. I saw it live. I thought it looked great and was the one saving grace of blizzcon 2018. I pre-ordered it to show them that warcraft 3 reforged was a game I wanted to support and not Diablo Immortal. And then I had to refund it the day after release because I didnt know all the shit with this game until it released.

More like.

They made better two decades ago 2/10 do not buy.

Time to play was clearly before this launch lol

They had a gameplay demo at blizzcon dude. I saw it live. I thought it looked great and was the one saving grace of blizzcon 2018. I pre-ordered it to show them that warcraft 3 reforged was a game I wanted to support and not Diablo Immortal. And then I had to refund it the day after release because I didnt know all the shit with this game until it released.
    So you paid attention to it in blizzcon 2018 and not 2019? If you did you would have known it was changed and could have refunded it then instead