Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, if you're comparing a remaster to a remake you're already setting yourself up for disappointment. Reforged was never advertised as a Remake. It was always on the same engine.

Reforged is more comparable to something like the FFVIII remaster.
    Well tbh it was advertised as "reforged" which implicates, that it's not a simple remaster and that does align well with the points they advertised (map overhaul, new cutscene angles <- more like cinematic, etc.)
    So it should have been more closely to a remake instead of the remaster it is now

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Vorkreist you hit the nail in the head well done.
    What ever excuse Blizzard give it is just that an excuse for a shitty done job.D3 was a not well made game,Hots also failed horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Say we have feature X, Y, and Z. These features are decently far in development so we announce them. Then during testing we feel that feature Y conflicts with X, or simply cant work out. Now according to you, we should keep it otherwise " we r lyinnngg". Or we cut it and announce the cut.

And unless you want to hear nothing about the game until it is done, then i recommend caution whenever a developer talks about something. Things can always change.
    I have a question for you.When SC:R was released it did not replace BW.The old game can still be bought and played as the remastered version.Why Blizzard failed to communicate the same won't be true for WC3:R?That they will remove the old battle.net and make everyone who has the old game bound to move to the new client?This was never advertised.Do you say this is a good thing?

If they said in advance they would do such thing there would not be so much problems but this is just one little thing in the bucket of bad decisions they did.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2020-02-05 at 02:55 PM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Xeerah View Post
    Well tbh it was advertised as "reforged" which implicates, that it's not a simple remaster and that does align well with the points they advertised (map overhaul, new cutscene angles <- more like cinematic, etc.)
    So it should have been more closely to a remake instead of the remaster it is now
    With it advertised as "reforge" actually perfectly suites it being a remaster. Reforging is taking something existing (say a broken or non function sword) and "remastering" it, using it's own parts, into something functional again.

A remake is taking that sword as a base and using modern materials and techniques to make a whole new sword that is based around the old one.

Games like the N'sane trilogy or the new spyro trilogy or RE1/RE2 are remakes, they use whole new engines and are remade from scratch.

The FFVIII remaster (and Reforged) use the same engine and the same game from base code, they can add whatever they want and improve as much as the engine allows, but it's still just a remaster (look at the improved textures from FFVIII)

Now, none of this is trying to say the game is good, it's incredibly mediocre and there is functionality that it broke in the old game that really needs to be restored. (and they need to take down many things from the site) but only trying to dispel this thought that it was EVER being considered a "remake"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Vorkreist you hit the nail in the head well done.
    What ever excuse Blizzard give it is just that an excuse for a shitty done job.D3 was a not well made game,Hots also failed horribly.

I have a question for you.When SC:R was released it did not replace BW.The old game can still be bought and played as the remastered version.Why Blizzard failed to communicate the same won't be true for WC3:R?That they will remove the old battle.net and make everyone who has the old game bound to move to the new client?This was never advertised.Do you say this is a good thing?

If they said in advance they would do such thing there would not be so much problems but this is just one little thing in the bucket of bad decisions they did.
    This is something they should of communicated beforehand, obviously. Really if you are going to alter something somebody already owns it is probably good to actually warn them first. The reason for this change was likely to allow for Reforged and Classic to play together, as i doubt it would be possible to make the old client and the new one work together given how old the original was.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It got to this point because activision/blizzard is no longer a company that cares about gamers nor cares about how their games are perceived as long as they can hype their own product and still sell it. Cash is cash. The time of games being so good they sell themselves is nearly over. Hype and lies to make the sales is so much of what we see now and blizzard is jumping on that wagon with both feet.

Best thing to do is stop buying their products but its clear to many gamers just aren't willing to do that yet. So we have to put up with garbage like WC3:RF and all the ones that came before and after it. Thats now gamin these days. Having to sort through the game companies hype and lies to see what you will really get.
    It is a shame, hopefully RF causes ripples so that people start to become more careful next time and don't pre-purchase, and maybe don't buy at all. Too many people bought RF.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Well i mean if going to an extreme works for you, sure. Heres the thing, you assume that the only reason a feature isnt in the game is due to lying. This is wrong. Let me give you an example.

Say we have feature X, Y, and Z. These features are decently far in development so we announce them. Then during testing we feel that feature Y conflicts with X, or simply cant work out. Now according to you, we should keep it otherwise " we r lyinnngg". Or we cut it and announce the cut.

And unless you want to hear nothing about the game until it is done, then i recommend caution whenever a developer talks about something. Things can always change.
    How is it possible a feature be far in development and not working?

Do you remember dance studio? I really wonder how a dance studio could not work with any other feature in WoW!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    How is it possible a feature be far in development and not working?

Do you remember dance studio? I really wonder how a dance studio could not work with any other feature in WoW!!
    It is very easy for it to happen. Things may test well up until a certain point, then they have to decide to keep or scrap it. Then there are some times when the time cost to do it wouldn't be worth the effort. I could easily see how a "create your own dance" feature would not get made, given that requires an intense amount of animation to get working. This was probably B, they realized it just wasn't worth putting developers on.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It is a shame, hopefully RF causes ripples so that people start to become more careful next time and don't pre-purchase, and maybe don't buy at all. Too many people bought RF.
    To many continue to fall for the false hype and lies. We see it with bioware and anthem, hello games and no mans sky and I have no doubt others here can name more, where the hype and lies came from the game companies and not the gamers.

Hell, If gamers wont stop buying games blindly, i'd at least take no pre-ordering and wait a few weeks after release before diving in to purchase. Let the sites that get to review them for free get some information out there before just throwing your money down. This kind of BS from game companies needs to stop.

After watching this video i see how much Blizzard have failed with WC3:R.They wanted to make a quick buck and in the process have destroyed their reputation even further lol.D3 was a fiasco.Then followed the failed experiment with Hots.Looks like now is time for WC3:R!!!!!
    Microsoft recreated the game perfectly.

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2020-02-06 at 05:12 PM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    After watching this video i see how much Blizzard have failed with WC3:R.They wanted to make a quick buck and in the process have destroyed their reputation even further lol.D3 was a fiasco.Then followed the failed experiment with Hots.Looks like now is time for WC3:R!!!!!
    Microsoft recreated the game perfectly.

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition
    Tbf, AoE2 really didn't need to be remastered. The game was already perfect and had aged like a fine wine.

Once again you can't spell IGNorant without IGN. Just look at the dislikes, then look at the score, and thats all you need to know:

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Once again you can't spell IGNorant without IGN. Just look at the dislikes, then look at the score, and thats all you need to know:
    <snip>
    "Warcraft 3 is still probably my favorite Warcraft game of all time, and one of my favorite fantasy stories in any video game. The visual update Reforged brings to all its beloved and behated characters is all the reason I needed to want to experience it again. It’s not perfect, and it’s not everything we may have been promised, but it’s still Warcraft 3. If I were judging it purely based on how good of a remaster it is, there’s not much to write home about and plenty of room for improvement. But taken as a whole, it’s still a great game nearly two decades after its initial release. And the relatively minor shortcomings of this edition shouldn’t stop you from returning to this classic age of Azeroth or diving in for the first time."

Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    "Warcraft 3 is still probably my favorite Warcraft game of all time, and one of my favorite fantasy stories in any video game. The visual update Reforged brings to all its beloved and behated characters is all the reason I needed to want to experience it again. It’s not perfect, and it’s not everything we may have been promised, but it’s still Warcraft 3. If I were judging it purely based on how good of a remaster it is, there’s not much to write home about and plenty of room for improvement. But taken as a whole, it’s still a great game nearly two decades after its initial release. And the relatively minor shortcomings of this edition shouldn’t stop you from returning to this classic age of Azeroth or diving in for the first time."

Seems fair.
    Definitely does, but people nowadays don't do fair, they don't do balanced. You either love something, or you hate it, there's no middle ground allowed. This entire thread and metacritic rating is best proof
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did it come to this? Why do we as consumers support this kind of business model?
    The problem of that "0.5 score" is that far from a fair score. People aren't rating the game fairly, and are giving straight-up zero in their scores, out of what I can imagine to be pure malice.

Now, I'm not defending WC3:RF here since I didn't pre-order or buy the game, so I didn't play it, but giving it the lowest score possible is not fair to the game. The game is playable. Game-breaking bugs are few and far between. The graphics are decent. The voice-acting is good.

I mean... WWE 2K20 is rated higher than WC3:RF, and THAT game has some big, game-breaking bugs and glitches. "Zero" is the score I'd give a game that is literally unplayable; that it won't even start up, or would crash to the desktop often and/or break my save files to force me to re-play everything I did, as well as having horrible graphics, bad voice-acting and story, mechanics, etc.

But, WC3:RF? From what I heard of the game, all its strengths and flaws, I'd rate it between 2.5 and 4.5.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/ga...=desc&page=158

Kind of amazing, honestly. It started off seeming like a cool upgrade to WC3, with updated cinematics, modern graphics, UI upgrades, balance changes etc. that most people were excited for.

It ended up ruining even the old Warcraft 3 by applying all of the system changes to that game as well.

How did it come to this? Why do we as consumers support this kind of business model?
    Why do we as consumers pay attention to garbage hit-votes like Metacritic?

Battlefront 2 definitely was not a 1.4 game.
    Osiris not a 1.7
    battlefield V not a 2.3
    simcity not a 2.2

and so on...

"It ended up ruining even the old Warcraft 3 by applying all of the system changes to that game as well."
    This is hardly an issue. The fact is it got a shit score because this is the laziest "reforging" possible, and multiplayer didn't even work consistently at launch. They didn't add the systems that would make it a modern game, and it's only a step or two above a dosbox game.

But the bottomline is that metacritic is flat out weaponized voting, and essentially useless. The only score that matters is yours, and unfortunately the only way to know that is to give people your money first.

I would rate it very, very low... but 0.5 is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Seems fair.
    To me it's not fair at all. Not because "HUURRRR HATE BAD BLIZZ".

I cannot simply judge it as a working game because it worked already before and nothing has been introduced on that front. I judge WC3:R about the new things it did (or didn't) add to the game. It adds new models. And that's it.

However it introduced performance issues, removed features, broke original client to people who didn't even buy it. All the things that were promised/advertised are simply not there and not going to be introduced later. They changed the ToS so they could avoid another DotA.

It's not even a matter of fixing the issues. It's literally taking a beloved and working game and make it worse. IGN is really trying to make it sound passable when it really isn't - "relatively minor shortcomings" my ass.

That's why to me it's not worth more than a 3 or 4. Not a 0 obviously, but you cannot give it a 6 because "it's WC3 and it kinda works". Again, it worked before and the update made things worse.

Free to disagree. Just my point of view.
    PS: i evaluate all remasters in the same way - check what they said they would do, and how the new stuff compares. The things that remain the same have 0 relevance in my evaluation.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The metacritic score thing is useless information

Just watch what ONE YOUTUBER was able to do with his community on MyAnimeList:

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

He managed to put in second place the anime "Interspecies Reviewers" on the top best Anime of all time.
    One single youtuber did this...
    As a protest for funimation to cancel the show.

So...as you can see...this "rating" sites are useless...easily manipulated at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    It got reviewbombed way harder than it deserved. 0.5/10 sounds like it's unplayable garbage, not an underwhelming game.

Does it deserve 10/10? Nah. But even taking into account that it's just a lazy refresh, it's still a decently competent game from what I've seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The metacritic score thing is useless information

Just watch what ONE YOUTUBER was able to do with his community on MyAnimeList:

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

He managed to put in second place the anime "Interspecies Reviewers" on the top best Anime of all time.
    One single youtuber did this...
    As a protest for funimation to cancel the show.

So...as you can see...this "rating" sites are useless...easily manipulated at least.
    It's been scored by 45k people. That's some decent pull that guy has.