Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No. The last 3 expansions had really bad +/- core designs. Actually I had more faith in their other IPs like Overwatch/Diablo but since they pretty much fucked up WC3R I’m beginning to be a bit worried about OW2 and D4. I don’t expect anything from Shadowlands as they’ll continue with their MAU metrics meaning another AP-like grind, timegating and endless treadmill with RNG be it called titanforge/corruption/whatever despite whatever they announced at BlizzCoM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    It's not really a matter of faith as you can see how an expansion is tested and designed before making a decision. For what it's worth I think BfA despite being a very bad expansion actually wasn't far from being a good one. The biggest problems present in BfA were many systems and features flopping hard and the overall amount of time gating and grinding present. Both of these could be solved with an longer testing period. If Shadowlands has a good testing period I'm sure it'll be a good expansion.
    Core designs are set in stone way before they let actually people test stuff. All the complains that comes from closed alpha to public release will eventually be fixed by the first/second major patch. No matter how long the testing we would have had the AP grind and excessive RNG all over the place in BfA because that was the core design for the expansion. They don’t design WoW around being fun and for the players anymore, they do it around the shareholders. They managed to satisfy both for years, still.

Now if they could just let WoW be their only IP being plagued with this mentality that’d be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah, yes. The "BfA only had 3.2 million subs at the start despite having 3.4 million copies sold in preorders and first day sales." leak.
    You do realize boxes aren't active subs, right? You do also realize that the info was extracted in October, 2 months after BFA's release, right?

Yes, I do.

And ive been here so long now I might as well see the end.

I got a feeling Shadowlands will be the last expansion if it fails as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Yes, I do.

And ive been here so long now I might as well see the end.

I got a feeling Shadowlands will be the last expansion if it fails as well
    Doubtful. There is a certain percentage of WoW's population that, no matter how bad WoW becomes, they will only quit WoW when Activision unplugs the servers, and then they will just switch to private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    With all the recent fiascos, I do admire those who still have faith.
    Legion wasn't that long ago and its one of their best expansions.

They've had bad expansions before namely Cataclysm and some name WoD too. So they certainly have what it takes to make great and bad expansions lol like most of us in our daily lives with decisions we make good and bad ones all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    You do realize boxes aren't active subs, right? You do also realize that the info was extracted in October, 2 months after BFA's release, right?
    Yes. They aren't. Because active subs are always several times more (3:1 to be exact) than boxes sold by first day, because not everyone preorders or buys day one. The info claimed that there were 1.7 million in October ("now"), and 3.2 at the start of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansions have always been kinda hit or miss with them...some good and some not so much. I'll see what they do with SL and hope they learned some lessons from BfA...

Perhaps I have zero faith in their writing and lore these days though and that's important for me so continue with garbage writing and i won't buy it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Considering that BFA is a good expansion
    What?

I played every expansion. Which tell me that despite their shortcomings the games are still fun. And the fact that everyone in this forum who constantly tells everyone how shit Blizzard is still care enough to go to this forum ( i don't believe for a second any of them actually quit ) prooves they also have faith.

Otherwise why would they be here if they have no faith and are not playing the game? That is like praying for a person to get better who has been dead for 10 years which you know. Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    With all the recent fiascos, I do admire those who still have faith.
    For some foolish reason I had preordered the game.

After BFA and War3 Reforged i don't think blizzard can do anything good.
    Pretty much expecting that whatever they release will be a worse sh*tfest than the stuff EA/Bethesda/Ubisoft does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blizzard of old is no longer with us, Blizzard isnt run by a group of nerds who loves games anymore, its overseen by rich white billionaire executives who have no love for gaming but only in making money, they want ongoing revenue to squeeze money from the customer every way they can, lootboxes, microtrasnactions, its about getting to the player to play and spend as much as possible'

Right now there is some horrible inner leeches who have attached themselves to Blizzard and it has its claws in so deep that its taken root, and the only way to be rid of them is to take the whole company down with it.

Same will happen with all out favourite companies today, tomorrow. Enjoy it while you can and don;t get too attached.

I am not sure if Blizzard can make a good game now, but that all depends on what we expect. I have a sneaky suspicion Overwatch2, is gonna receive some major backlash too. Especially considering it looks like a glorified expansion to the original game.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-04 at 11:04 AM.

Playing BfA since the launch, and sure, it has some flaws, but it is not unplayable. I mainly play to raid and the raids have been pretty awesome.

I'm looking forward to Shadowlands, pre ordered it aswell, that Torghast tower looks like it could be really good if done correctly.

BFA and Legion are pretty much good expansions for me. Sure, some people dont like these new systems, but noone has manage to please all the people all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Doubtful. There is a certain percentage of WoW's population that, no matter how bad WoW becomes, they will only quit WoW when Activision unplugs the servers, and then they will just switch to private servers.
    Im thinking of the end of new content.
    As mutch as I love this game and keep on playing, I wont be here when they anounce the story wont continue.

Allready feel like the story have had a weird pace im BfA at least.
    Why cant we have a better "chapter ends here, to be continued".
    We are just left hanging there in the middle of a quest, sometimes it doesnt even continue.

And since I ran off tracks here:
    Whatever happened to Calia; a character who brought us into BfA?
    Void Elfs and the void?
    Thornspeakers?
    The whole "we have found a new mysterious way to ressurect people"?
    Talanjis reaction to "We are all friends "?

So many cool plots just didnt continue or had a natural end for now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can they deliver something I find enjoyable? We'll see during beta. That being said, I'm quite wary about Blizzard as of late. After the disappointing Blizzcon last year, the fabricated hype for OW2 (which so far looks like a glorified xpac rather than an actual sequel), and especially the whole WC3R !@#$show, I have little goodwill left for Brack & co.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    While bfa had major problems I still enjoyed it so ya I have faith that they can make a expan I’ll enjoy though I’m unsure with the current state of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I could really do without the 14 mechanics per boss, personally. Maybe im just an mmo boomer, but I enjoyed raids more when there was a focus on a couple key mechanics per boss. It just feels so bloated now.
    There's always classic. Spamming one button for the duration of the entire boss sure was fun.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    Not in the slightest, ever since they removed snapshotting in MoP I knew this was the beginning of the end, and legion sucked ass unknown to me why people suck it's dick.
    Last great expansion was MoP.
    Snapshotting was a cancer though