Balance mythic+ 8.3 struggle

Hi
    I play balance for about 3 weeks now.
    I am doing 15 key times, but always at least about 10k-15k dps behind pretty much any melee class. Like 45k-50k me and 60k them.
    Some say they got op corruptions, but it feels such a big difference, that I think I just play potato despite having done extensive research on how to balance m+ and playing m+ myself since Legion.
    My gear is pretty much same comparing to top rank and similar rank balance players. (I only can't get my hand on strife yet)

Do you guys have any similar experience since 8.3 and is there any advice you would give to make up for that missing DPS?

You will never be able to keep up with the melee classes as Balance in overall dmg unless they pull around your CDs. Still it would be difficult. Watch some of Tettles YT videos, you see they always pull around his Incarn. As Boomy, youre mainly being brought to keys for utility and ST target damage. I swapped from Resto Dru to Holy Paladin and started bringing a Boomy for the Brez, roots, Trees.

Oh ye, I saw some of his videos. I am gonna try what he says in guide and keep practice. Guess I am just salty after 2 seasons playing rog.

Assuming skill and gear is relatively equal, you are not going to consistently beat most melee in m+. Our aoe dps is just not as good as theirs.

Balance is about single target and utility, Feral have better aoe and can pull more overal dps then balance but lack aoe silence and trees

I've played druid ever since classic. Only did kitty and bear until Legion when I got the artifact and thought "what the heck, might as well try kitty and boomy." In Legion boomy was this aoe machine. Felt really weird going into BFA they completely switched things around with the changes to starfall and our dots. Has any other class or spec had this happen to them before? Going from awesome in aoe and average in ST and just switching it around?
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

So far none has complained, that I do my 50k, when them DHs roll 70k overall, I even asked but feelsbadman I tell you what.

Whats your gear like ? I don't do too many 15s, but the ones I do I'm always above 60k overall. I don't even have the best corruptions, just two crit buff ones and one rank 2 tendril.

As a tank I'm super happy to get a good boomie in, for treants, silence and bres. They are also beast on single target. Get infinite stars and dominate dps on boss fights.

Ye that kinda thing, my loot was very bad, like my alts getting bis gear first try, but dudu no luck. Besides I rarely get to see tanks, whom would need treants, unless literally necro afix. I can imagine he still good at very high key pushing, but at my mediocore 15-20 keys, it's meh.

PS: gear a bit broke this patch, like my alt, that I do literally 1 dung a week for chest and then never login, surpassed the druid whom I played daily
    Last edited by oneclosetothesun; 2020-03-25 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneclosetothesun View Post
    Ye that kinda thing, my loot was very bad, like my alts getting bis gear first try, but dudu no luck. Besides I rarely get to see tanks, whom would need treants, unless literally necro afix. I can imagine he still good at very high key pushing, but at my mediocore 15-20 keys, it's meh.
    Treants are only useful if the tank actually understands what they do. I've also seen some smartypants drag everything out of Solar Beam like it's evil. Apparently they like getting blasted with magic.

Personally, i prefer Gushing Wounds over Stars, though.