Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Blizzard have zero respect towards the playerbase

What other conclusion can you draw from this?

• Bots being neglected in both PvP and gold farms
    • Weekly hotfixes to counter organized PvP
    • Overall faction-biased #changes
    • Vague and loose interpretation of CoC by GMs
    • Zero conversation with the community
    • Ticket delays at 6-7 days

Haven't played in retail in nearly a decade, when did the downfall get this bad?

Bots are barely noticeable in Retail at least.

Outside of Vanilla WoW, do not forget: Diablo: Immortal, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Blitzchung, BFA, Overwatch 2. Blizzard has absolutely zero respect for its playerbase.

It happened gradually over a long period of time. Blizzard is an old company, and it's not the developers or enthusiastic gamers that are calling the shots anymore, it's the marketing department.

i advise everyone to find another game to play. wow had its day in the sun and now its just really bad.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post

Haven't played in retail in nearly a decade, when did the downfall get this bad?
    It's been a steady decay over the past decade or so.

As for Classic, you have to understand what Blizz was doing with it. They didn't do it because of passion for the game, or to even provide a good alternative for players that prefer the game that was. This was all about cashing in. They did it as cheap as possible with the sole intent of getting a quick 1 or 2 million subs so that their financials would look better. Most of your list has to do with them not willing to hire sufficient resources to support an active game.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's been a steady decay over the past decade or so.

As for Classic, you have to understand what Blizz was doing with it. They didn't do it because of passion for the game, or to even provide a good alternative for players that prefer the game that was. This was all about cashing in. They did it as cheap as possible with the sole intent of getting a quick 1 or 2 million subs so that their financials would look better. Most of your list has to do with them not willing to hire sufficient resources to support an active game.
    This is wrong. Doing it as cheap as possible would have been using the 1.12 client with the 1.12 server they have running internally without any security patches, longstanding bug fixes, Battle.net implementation and working with the old spaghetti code.

As for the OP.

There was a bot banwave in the last few weeks.
    Organized PvP in a game not designed for organized PvP is detrimental to the experience of most players
    Which faction biased changes?
    Examples?

The last two are definitely something a bit more prevalent across all Blizzard games, they cut support staff and tried to automate many of their support functions. Part of the "communication with players" issue came from the fact that when Ghostcrawler made constant attempts to engage with the playerbase he was met with nothing but contempt and loathing because he was the one conversing not because he could solely change the direction of the game. Much of the vocal "gamers" act like dicks a lot of the time which makes anything outside of formal communication a source of toxicity.

I don't agree with a lot of what Blizzard do, but some of the blame for the mess we're in now is definitely on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    i advise everyone to find another game to play. wow had its day in the sun and now its just really bad.
    Still the best mmo If you want PvP or Raid.

10+ Year Old Account

Haven't played in retail in nearly a decade <----- says it all. It's been shit for years. I'd say smetime in CATA
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Outside of Vanilla WoW, do not forget: Diablo: Immortal, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Blitzchung, BFA, Overwatch 2. Blizzard has absolutely zero respect for its playerbase.

It happened gradually over a long period of time. Blizzard is an old company, and it's not the developers or enthusiastic gamers that are calling the shots anymore, it's the marketing department.
    1. Fuck blizzard wanting to try something they new. (and they toned it down after the western reception.

2. Agree somewhat, its weird but nothing to burn the HQ over.

3. Rules are rules. Had they put one person above the rest would have been worse.

4. They wouldnt be actively trying to fix it If they had no respect for their customers

5. ?????

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    If blizzard really wanted to ban them, they could have 1 guy checking reports in real-time and it would litterally take them <3 minutes to determine if they were botting or not. There is simply no need to ban anyone in "waves" - this is only done to make people think you punish bots severely. Then again Blizzard has a reason to let them go - they still pay for their account, so banning them lowers revenue.

I look at the state of the so called "community", and I ask myself...any particular reason why Blizzard SHOULD respect these people?
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    This is wrong. Doing it as cheap as possible would have been using the 1.12 client with the 1.12 server they have running internally without any security patches, longstanding bug fixes, Battle.net implementation and working with the old spaghetti code.

As for the OP.

Organized PvP in a game not designed for organized PvP is detrimental to the experience of most players
    Which faction biased changes?
    Examples?

The last two are definitely something a bit more prevalent across all Blizzard games, they cut support staff and tried to automate many of their support functions. Part of the "communication with players" issue came from the fact that when Ghostcrawler made constant attempts to engage with the playerbase he was met with nothing but contempt and loathing because he was the one conversing not because he could solely change the direction of the game. Much of the vocal "gamers" act like dicks a lot of the time which makes anything outside of formal communication a source of toxicity.

I don't agree with a lot of what Blizzard do, but some of the blame for the mess we're in now is definitely on players.
    Most sensible post in this topic.

Blizzard HAS no respect towards the playerbase

NOT

Blizzard HAVE no respect....

why is this distinction so fucking hard...?
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    If blizzard really wanted to ban them, they could have 1 guy checking reports in real-time and it would litterally take them <3 minutes to determine if they were botting or not. There is simply no need to ban anyone in "waves" - this is only done to make people think you punish bots severely. Then again Blizzard has a reason to let them go - they still pay for their account, so banning them lowers revenue.
    Its fun when people post stuff like this without having any idea what they're talking about. Utterly clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    Blizzard HAS no respect towards the playerbase

NOT

Blizzard HAVE no respect....

why is this distinction so fucking hard...?
    English isn't everyone's first language, stop whining.

And frankly the grammar/punctuation/etc in some of your posts is terrible, so maybe don't attack people's writing when your own wouldn't get you a passing grade in middle school.

this is what you get when you cut costs and have no quality assurance

They had zero respect for a very long time. WOD was when I came to that realization that they don't really regard player feedback that high unless they are backed into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post

To me old Blizzard died during the expansion of diablo II. As much as the gameplay was good you can see how story quality went down. Warcraft 3 even if I liked had a similar plot to Starcraft. WoW vanilla was nice but was generic story wise, they didnt go deep in it and from TBC on it became a mess. I guess all the quality work came from Blizzard North.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

All these "wow is ending" "blizz has no respect for players" threads are so amusing to read.

Please keep this coming, I'm ready to read and laugh.

Been a long long time since I've seen bots in retail.

What's this got to do with retail anyway? These problems seem classic specific.

When they fired 800 people, I would say. I don't see any of these issues as a casual in retail, though. I guess that's what they prioritize.
    Mother pus bucket!