Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Classic is the worst private server I've played in about 5 years. Next fresh when

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Outside of Vanilla WoW, do not forget: Diablo: Immortal, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Blitzchung, BFA, Overwatch 2.
    I don't care about any of those you listed.

Diablo 4 looks amazing, can't wait for it to be released. Druid looks savage AF. For now i'll be playing Wolcen and the other games coming this year Last of Us 2, Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite. And Shadowlands ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its fun when people post stuff like this without having any idea what they're talking about. Utterly clueless.
    If private servers can do it, blizzard can as well. If anyone is clueless, its you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    If blizzard really wanted to ban them, they could have 1 guy checking reports in real-time and it would litterally take them <3 minutes to determine if they were botting or not. There is simply no need to ban anyone in "waves" - this is only done to make people think you punish bots severely. Then again Blizzard has a reason to let them go - they still pay for their account, so banning them lowers revenue.
    No, they do this because most of their bans are automatic based on behaviour now more than process detection from my understanding (which brings many other issues but saying that they do nothing is just wrong).

Can they do more? Absolutely. Would it have much of an affect? Maybe.

I used to follow the botting community a lot when the Glider vs. Blizzard case was ongoing and a lot of the "professional" botters would frequently lose accounts but just start up again.

This is ignoring the fact that Blizzard confirmed that they now try to avoid permanent bans because it encourages more people to just bot without regard for their account where if they can have it back within x months, maybe they'll stop and change their behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    When they fired 800 people, I would say. I don't see any of these issues as a casual in retail, though. I guess that's what they prioritize.
    jeez, are people still mentioning this half truth (well "half" is too generous) as a fact?
    blizzard didnt fire 800 people, activision blizzard did, only part of them was from blizzard, and very few of those from wow, actualy wow was increasing their dev numbers...

- - - Updated - - -

well, people have zero respect towards blizzard, so i guess we are even?

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    i advise everyone to find another game to play. wow had its day in the sun and now its just really bad.
    Been trying for years, there is no game that comes close to the quality end game pve that wow has. Otherwise Id be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    All these "wow is ending" "blizz has no respect for players" threads are so amusing to read.

Please keep this coming, I'm ready to read and laugh.
    Tell me something, you truly think that Reforged isn't a disrespect to the customers? A product thats not only defective but also deceives the public when in the very page of it announces features not present in game and even presents a custscene that isn't in it?
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    jeez, are people still mentioning this half truth (well "half" is too generous) as a fact?
    blizzard didnt fire 800 people, activision blizzard did, only part of them was from blizzard, and very few of those from wow, actualy wow was increasing their dev numbers...

- - - Updated - - -

well, people have zero respect towards blizzard, so i guess we are even?
    I'm sorry, yes, an unknown (as far as I can see) part of the 800 fired people were working on Blizzard products, and yes, I know they're prioritizing keeping the developers, because they're the most basic thing you need when making software, and are also hard to replace if they need to expand again. However, I was not referring to lack of content or bad code, I was referring to Blizzard not having the manpower to support the community, investigate issues, help with bugs, and services like that.
    Mother pus bucket!

The things people complain about. If you hate the game stop playing.

You know 6 months I would have said the guys chatting shit and called him a tool then happily taken the 5 infraction points

I could look past diablo mobile, I could look past the promise of "We will never release paid OW content", I can't speak much for classic as not been on it for a long while now.

But this WC3 reforged, I never played it, nor have I bought the remake. But for all the promises they made, to essentially completely ignore them and release a broken game from 20 years ago. That's just in excusable. It's becoming more and more apparent the finances are more important that the content. Tbh I don't even blame the blizzard team, its their overlords
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

i dont need blizzard to respect me just put as much love into making there games as they used to.

Theyve lost the respect of a portion of the playerbase for years, the blizzcons they talk to the players and fans like we're stupid, they give us half finished games, sub par content, and break promises. They really arent worth giving support to anymore but a good amount of optimistic players remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    What other conclusion can you draw from this?

• Bots being neglected in both PvP and gold farms
    • Weekly hotfixes to counter organized PvP
    • Overall faction-biased #changes
    • Vague and loose interpretation of CoC by GMs
    • Zero conversation with the community
    • Ticket delays at 6-7 days

Haven't played in retail in nearly a decade, when did the downfall get this bad?
    So just like Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i dont need blizzard to respect me just put as much love into making there games as they used to.
    How do you know the devs and artists don't and the recent showings are pressure from Kotic to release more often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You know 6 months I would have said the guys chatting shit and called him a tool then happily taken the 5 infraction points

I could look past diablo mobile, I could look past the promise of "We will never release paid OW content", I can't speak much for classic as not been on it for a long while now.

But this WC3 reforged, I never played it, nor have I bought the remake. But for all the promises they made, to essentially completely ignore them and release a broken game from 20 years ago. That's just in excusable. It's becoming more and more apparent the finances are more important that the content. Tbh I don't even blame the blizzard team, its their overlords
    When did they say that about OW and what donyou have to pay for in game. Every map, character and mode have been free. If this is about OW2, then that's silly.

If blizzard really wanted to ban them, they could have 1 guy checking reports in real-time and it would litterally take them <3 minutes to determine if they were botting or not. There is simply no need to ban anyone in "waves" - this is only done to make people think you punish bots severely. Then again Blizzard has a reason to let them go - they still pay for their account, so banning them lowers revenue.
    working this through, assuming this guy works for around 7.5 hours a day after lunch break, is fully productive at all times, and takes no other breaks, he could get through 150 tickets a day. This is also being generous and assuming he has no oversight required etc. Doesnt really seem feasible really does it to support classic wow in this manner.

Or you could just have a bot that observes patterns in behaviour over a period of time (a bot reasonably being much more consistent than human behaviours), then audit some of its findings personally before authorizing a ban wave on its results

Players have never had any respect. Why would you expect it to work the other way?

10+ Year Old Account
    If private servers can do it, blizzard can as well. If anyone is clueless, its you.
    Lol okay armchair game designer. Go apply for a position at Blizzard and enlighten them how 'easy' it is to manage botters and automated gameplay programs, and let us know how that goes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Tell me something, you truly think that Reforged isn't a disrespect to the customers? A product thats not only defective but also deceives the public when in the very page of it announces features not present in game and even presents a custscene that isn't in it?
    It was FANS that shut them down on updating cutscenes, in case you forgot. "REEEE DON'T CHANGE THE STORY OMG"

And it isn't 'disrespecting teh gamerz' that games change over the course of development: sometimes shit just doesn't work out as well as you hope. Stuff that sounds great or straightforward on paper ends up anything but. Doesn't mean there's a mustache-twirling, NYAH-HA-HAing evil Actiblizz-nazi Overlord sitting on a chair made of cash, laughing at all of you, cooking up the next evil lies they will spin.

Christ.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-05 at 03:21 PM.

Haven't played in retail in nearly a decade, when did the downfall get this bad?
    I dono how any of those bullet points is an actual issue.

I'm Enjoying my AV's, DM Flower farm during queue times and the MC and Onyxia raid.

It's classic, You know what to expect and what is going to happen.. What is there really to communicate about any way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you believe Classic has the same player population as a pirate server?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-02-05 at 03:44 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    Blizzard HAS no respect towards the playerbase

NOT

Blizzard HAVE no respect....

why is this distinction so fucking hard...?
    i guess it's hard because you don't understand the language as well as you think you do. the reason you swap between "have" and "has" almost always has to do with whether you are talking about 1 person or multiple people. "she has it" vs. "we have it" but when you're talking about a company of people you are either referring to them as a singular hive mind, or you are referring to some or most of the people at that company. in this case you could easily make the argument this person wasn't just saying "blizzard have zero respect" but they were implying that "people at blizzard have zero respect" and shortened that to make a title. most people are capable of assuming this and don't bother trying to be the grammar police over something that doesn't matter.

here's a tip, if you knew what they meant, then the language did its job and you don't need to "help" them.

A lack of resource dedicated to the release.

That was easy. Next!