Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragons = Transformers?

So random thought. Are dragons able to pick and choose which humanoid race best fits their personaility. Cuz if so they are like transformers. They scan a new race they like and then morf into them.

Man this is good shit.

iirc they can turn into any race they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    iirc they can turn into any race they want.
    Exactly, just like a transformer can turn into any vehicle they want! Even if its alien!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Individual dragons seem to take a form they prefer, although among the Dragonflights there seems to be certain preferences. Most of them seem to prefer High Elven forms for some reason, though the Black Dragonflight seems to prefer Humans, whereas the Bronze Dragonflight is more varied (including Gnomes, Humans, Elves, and even Orcs). But they can appear as any form they so choose, really; and some of them have taken on multiple humanoid personas in their long lives.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Individual dragons seem to take a form they prefer, although among the Dragonflights there seems to be certain preferences. Most of them seem to prefer High Elven forms for some reason, though the Black Dragonflight seems to prefer Humans, whereas the Bronze Dragonflight is more varied (including Gnomes, Humans, Elves, and even Orcs). But they can appear as any form they so choose, really; and some of them have taken on multiple humanoid personas in their long lives.
    So there's definitely more to them than meets the eye, would you agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So there's definitely more to them than meets the eye, would you agree?
    Now I have the old 80's cartoon theme song stuck in my head.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Roll out, papi.

I still think it's weird that Alexstrasza, aka the Life Binder, takes the form of a scantily clad High Elf. Doesn't seem very fitting for the Queen of Dragons if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I read that Onyxia and Nefarian used human forms because they believed that they could manipulate humans better, but they steered clear from the Night Elves. Somehow they were able to sense their illusions?

Past Ebon flight members appeared to take mainly human forms except for Ebonhorn. No idea why Ebyssian and the exiled Ebon Flight uses human forms in Outland.

Green and Red flight members have taken on elven forms. I can only think of Kalecgo from the Blue Flight using a human form.

As for Bronze, they use a fast amounts of forms and often the opposite gender. Iirc, there is a male bronze taking the appearance of a female gnome in AQ and Caverns of Time (non dungeon) there is a (supposedly) a female bronze that have taken the form of a male Orc.

I believe the WC3 manual used to state that Malygos preferred to take the form of insect. Although it didn't specify if that was an actual insect or a Nerubian. So it possible they can transform into animals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I think I read that Onyxia and Nefarian used human forms because they believed that they could manipulate humans better, but they steered clear from the Night Elves. Somehow they were able to sense their illusions?

Past Ebon flight members appeared to take mainly human forms except for Ebonhorn. No idea why Ebyssian and the exiled Ebon Flight uses human forms in Outland.

Green and Red flight members have taken on elven forms. I can only think of Kalecgo from the Blue Flight using a human form.

As for Bronze, they use a fast amounts of forms and often the opposite gender. Iirc, there is a male bronze taking the appearance of a female gnome in AQ and Caverns of Time (non dungeon) there is a (supposedly) a female bronze that have taken the form of a male Orc.
    The black dragons tend to take human forms because that's what Daddy Deathwing started as a trend. He was engaged to Calia for a while if memory serves but couldn't seal the deal because of the plague of undeath her brother showed up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I believe the WC3 manual used to state that Malygos preferred to take the form of insect. Although it didn't specify if that was an actual insect or a Nerubian. So it possible they can transform into animals as well.
    It's said nerubian, apparently their society was heavily into the arcane and relatively untainted by old god corruption/regular aqir madness.

- - - Updated - - -

So random thought. Are dragons able to pick and choose which humanoid race best fits their personaility. Cuz if so they are like transformers. They scan a new race they like and then morf into them.

Man this is good shit.
    No, they are shape changers that can pick any humanoid form.

Transformers can pick a machine form but once they do they are hard-locked to it.

Dragons merely have a preferred humanoid form.

I'm right there with you, but I'm more the 80's movie theme song.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I still think it's weird that Alexstrasza, aka the Life Binder, takes the form of a scantily clad High Elf. Doesn't seem very fitting for the Queen of Dragons if you ask me.
    How so, if I can ask?

I am surprised they never added an aspect for the light, the shadow/void and or the fel. If you check the chronicle magic chart it would seem some are missing. Unless this is something for a future expansion or patch lore that could be in the works. Then again the current narrative team can't do good lore as previous teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I just remember something about animal forms after reading this. In the Non instanced Cavern of Time, I think every so often a Bronze will shapeshift into a crocolisk and go into what I think is the Black Morass instance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Imo she should just look pregnant all the time. With huge pendulous breasts

Tbf here, almost all of WoW is a massive Transformers reference. The Titans being the 13 OG Primes, Sargeras being Unicron, the champions being like the Autobots, the Legion being the decepticons, the Old Gods and the Void Lords are the Vok and their creations, Azeroth is Primus, the Player and the HOA is the Optimus Prime, etc.

Man this is good shit.
    They pick a go-to form. They can still transform into other things as needed. So not like transformers at all.

Edit: Damn, beat me to it!

Man this is good shit.
    Yep and gender, Chromie used to be a man.

It is weird how despite being able to presumably take on any form, they always choose a slightly draconic humanoid, usually human or elf. I'd compare it more to Gems from Steven Universe.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.