Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Exactly, but they said they did this in Stormwind which makes it a bit more farfetch'ed. Org isn't too bad with outgoing damage. The only time I remember was the voidwalkers doing their stacking debuff if you didn't kill them quick enough. I haven't ventured into the "hard" areas yet on my pally, so I can't say much about those areas.
    Rexxar's area has a number of knockbacks that you cannot dodge and has tons of small bugs you really need to kill before they blow up (but it's not hard unless your damage is really low). Geyarah's area is pretty much the easiest of the lost areas as long as you focus down the k'thir casters and never let the stun cast go off; the two mini bosses are super easy. Ofc it all depends on madness/masks as well.

    To be fair, I can probably do what he suggested with my Ret Paladin on certain zones; easily on Cathedral if I don't pull Alleria's guards, certainly on Dwarven. A DK could possibly manage it on Old Town because they essentially ignore Leaden Foot and the main CC there is a poison slow which they'll also ignore; same with Mage Tower since the main issue there is the madness and the mind flays. Unlikely in Trade unless you pause to burst the tentacles and skip both the elites (which is doable but again it's not pulling the entire zone).

    So yeah, it could be done but not with the full zone, you'd have to burst specific mobs while you are rounding everything up for sure and you definitely should skip the elites. And then you'd have to run back around to do the objectives you left behind while rounding mobs.

    Let's face it, it's just not that balanced for solo. A Havoc DH can probably do it as well on any week without Leaden Foot as well.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    The corrupted areas u can easily do in 1 pull as a dk . u get free deathstrikes all the time and if u have the right traits it dies in seconds. i play frost @ 454 with 3 frostwelp and sindra talented . both easy areas is 1 pull each , shaw is 2 cause of the slow affixshit and mage is like 3. done 1 full clear with 1 mask on and a healthy 600 sanity to boot after finish.
    Yeah as I stated above it's not an issue of them achieving it. It's a matter of them taking zero damage throughout the entire thing and not having issues with CC while pulling the entire room.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-02-07 at 10:42 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Dien-Ap-Sten View Post

    Gonna attempt 3 side areas and maybe end boss tonight to try and get rank 9. Question: if I clear 3 side areas and don't get to end boss in time, will my 3 chests still contain torn pages for the quest objective? Or do you always need an end boss clear-completion for a torn page?
    I don't know if i did something wrong or I just got bugged, but i did 3 areas this week (explosives one, rescue the prisoners and Mathias Shaw one) and then failed at Alleria (i really didn't get the eye mechanic, should have read up on it beforehand), and i only got 2 pages. So i don't know what's up with that.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by khabal View Post
    I don't know if i did something wrong or I just got bugged, but i did 3 areas this week (explosives one, rescue the prisoners and Mathias Shaw one) and then failed at Alleria (i really didn't get the eye mechanic, should have read up on it beforehand), and i only got 2 pages. So i don't know what's up with that.
    That's because 2 is the cap per run. You'll see 1 in each chest (for total of 3), but can only loot 2.

  5. #65
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll repeat this from earlier to stop the misinformation:

    So don't sit and eat it in Lost areas, just click it for 100 sanity and move on.
    I don't know, that hasnt been my experience and wowhead seems to confirm. What you describe seems to be how it worked on PTR, not Live:

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=174351/kbab#comments
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    *snip
    I'll run a couple today, I'll update you
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Thankfully I have balance affinity to increase my range on my kitty. That hot feet thing is really, really annoying. I did two runs of Dwarf/Trade/Alleria to get my rank 9 and called it a week. I'll wait to see what Orgrimmar has for next week.
    Yeah I hate it and Stormwind altogether. I did my 2 wings + Alleria this week to blow a vision, get 2 out of 4 parts and get the 430 item (sadly no corruption). I'll finish the quest and next weeks when Org is up and stress way less about it.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's because 2 is the cap per run. You'll see 1 in each chest (for total of 3), but can only loot 2.
    I wasn't aware on caps ON pages....that's kinda silly imo, but thanks for clarifying. I wonder if it was worth it then, since i probably would have gotten more mementos by just going to Alleria after the second zone.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by khabal View Post
    I wasn't aware on caps ON pages....that's kinda silly imo, but thanks for clarifying. I wonder if it was worth it then, since i probably would have gotten more mementos by just going to Alleria after the second zone.
    Yeah even a full clear will only get you two pages.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Got to rank 6, won't bother going any further than that. I'm not sure there's a more un-entertaining element in the game right now, aside from pet battles.
    Your loss (about 20k dps) with 125 cloak resistance and the right corrupted items in a few months.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Your loss (about 20k dps) with 125 cloak resistance and the right corrupted items in a few months.
    125 cloak resistance? Will it go that far? I mean it's at 50 at rank 15 right?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  12. #72
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    125 cloak resistance? Will it go that far? I mean it's at 50 at rank 15 right?
    I think it's 75.
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I think it's 75.
    Hmm WoWHead Guide has it at 50. You'd need 25 Malefic Cores to get it to 125 which are not actually that much of a stretch if you can get multiple per week (1 for N'zoth kill and then 1 per run you can clear with a mask on means 4-5 weeks.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hmm WoWHead Guide has it at 50. You'd need 25 Malefic Cores to get it to 125 which are not actually that much of a stretch if you can get multiple per week (1 for N'zoth kill and then 1 per run you can clear with a mask on means 4-5 weeks.
    I think it's only 1 per week.

    "To complement this, we’re adding an item in Visions of N’Zoth that players will earn once they’ve upgraded their legendary cloak to its maximum potential via Horrific Visions or from defeating N’Zoth on Normal"

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I think it's only 1 per week.

    "To complement this, we’re adding an item in Visions of N’Zoth that players will earn once they’ve upgraded their legendary cloak to its maximum potential via Horrific Visions or from defeating N’Zoth on Normal"
    Yikes, then it will take forever for it to matter.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #76
    Yea, in ~6 months most people will be bored and take a break until Shadowlands.
    I hope they will change it though.

  17. #77
    About food buff in visions, which ones you guys prefer? 2% hp per sec or reduced cc on self?
    Is it possible to use more food buffs, like 2% hp+ kbab without 2%hp falling off?

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    About food buff in visions, which ones you guys prefer? 2% hp per sec or reduced cc on self?
    Is it possible to use more food buffs, like 2% hp+ kbab without 2%hp falling off?
    Pretty sure K-bab does not cause other food buffs to drop
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  19. #79
    The last trait, Gift of the Titans, is stupidly powerful. Managed to clear Cathedral, Dwarven District, Old Town and Trade District with about 700 sanity left and my self-resurrect still up. Hell, I even went from 600 to 700 in Trade District since the elites there are super easy and the buff uptime is very high.
    Only used an Orb before pulling Umbric.

    Masks, here I come.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    The last trait, Gift of the Titans, is stupidly powerful. Managed to clear Cathedral, Dwarven District, Old Town and Trade District with about 700 sanity left and my self-resurrect still up. Hell, I even went from 600 to 700 in Trade District since the elites there are super easy and the buff uptime is very high.
    Only used an Orb before pulling Umbric.

    Masks, here I come.
    Out of curiosity how did you get so many mementos? I'm on the one where next one is Elites give sanity. I know I've just been doing bare minimum, but I also know you can farm mementos outside visions too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •