Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Yeah, let's compare polio with virtual class design.
    Sure..I mean, people have compared it to cancer, hell...people have compared Titanforging to Aids..so polio is kinda tame.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure..I mean, people have compared it to cancer, hell...people have compared Titanforging to Aids..so polio is kinda tame.
    nah titanforging is just retarded, nice whatabotism tho

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    nah titanforging is just retarded, nice whatabotism tho
    Doing my best to fit into "discussions" here.

As do you in your own way...had to drop the "r" word, had you?

Learning abilities like it was in classic was kinda cool in classic. At this point in WoW history where every pleb knows all the spells it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    MoP was the gold standard for me for classes and I'd be willing to bet if you polled the people here it would be the gold standard for others as well.
    The game largely died off with what makes the game an RPG on the Cataclysm patch. Wrath was the right mix of casual friendly and hardcore, but it suffered from content droughts.

If they had made item budgets a little looser, but followed the Wrath formula, I think the game would have maintained better. It went from "I need these items to succeed" to "if it has a higher item level, it's better." Which even that statement is flawed because of the ridiculous amounts of RNG that come with gear.

If they had made secondary stats not completely ruin the budget of an item, like hit rating, it could be on gear and not make other stats suffer. The only flaw with pre-Cata gear was being forced to wear something that wasn't that good until you reached hit cap or defense cap using something else.

I don't miss the ranking up abilities while leveling, but I do definitely miss the old talent system. The only pro of ranking up abilities was the potential to have ability codexs drop like in AQ where you had horizontal progression outside of just gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    there was for a mini patch
    There wasn't. Not a lot.

i think they should make you have to do a small quest chain for each new ability you get. learn to use it each time.

basically like old warlock demon quests, only for every single ability.

I'm agnostic on having all abilities at max level. Getting some additional abilities after leveling is an incentive to stay with the game a little longer, that's true enough. I wouldn't mind trading a bit more grind for a lot less RNG with abilities and progression generally at endgame.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm agnostic on having all abilities at max level. Getting some additional abilities after leveling is an incentive to stay with the game a little longer, that's true enough. I wouldn't mind trading a bit more grind for a lot less RNG with abilities and progression generally at endgame.
    Well, I like to grind but just not for abilities.

Eh understandable. I sometimes wish I could have more RPG and self determined character progression like back when I played RO as teenager. But wow was never that kind of game.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Remember the days when we leveled up, had to stop questing and travel 20 minutes to a capitol city to buy abilities, then travel another 40 minutes while battling our way through the re-spawned elites mobs to get back to the quest we were on? Remember being greatly annoyed by it?
    Hard to remember something that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Isn't that why Classic is there?
    Classic is garbage though, once you hit max level all you can do is grind AV or quit because they stupidly put in Naxx equivalent gear for doing PvP when BWL isn't even out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    We have plenty of ammo to use against Blizzard, but people gotta fabricate more from thin air, I guess
    The theme of this forum, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think they should make you have to do a small quest chain for each new ability you get. learn to use it each time.

basically like old warlock demon quests, only for every single ability.
    I agree with this. Would be a great way to teach people how to interrupt, or when to use their cooldowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Classic is garbage though, once you hit max level all you can do is grind AV or quit because they stupidly put in Naxx equivalent gear for doing PvP when BWL isn't even out.
    Or you could ya know, quest, rep grind and actually play the game the way it was intended.

Ye, nothing more fun than being interupted and basically forced to go back to town to get an upgrade for your ability to do more damage every two levels.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So you're complaining about a dependably farmable method of improving your character (azerite + neck + essences) but also complaining about one dependent on RNG (targeting specific corruption bonuses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

For those saying 'go to classic' classic isn't getting new content. Just because classic exists doesn't mean someone can't wish modern WoW would go back to its roots in some areas rather than just playing the same content from years ago.

Blizzard could re-introduce training skills from your own skillbook, and improving them in different ways. Honestly it feels like that is a natural progression if they want to develop alternative playstyles. Would be interesting, personally.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Remember the days when we leveled up, had to stop questing and travel 20 minutes to a capitol city to buy abilities, then travel another 40 minutes while battling our way through the re-spawned elites mobs to get back to the quest we were on? Remember being greatly annoyed by it?
    You were an idiot if you did that. I didn't stop and immediately train, I finished what I was doing then, before logging, I'd *hearth* to the capital city and train. Or, if I had hearth set in a different zone I'd have to spend 4 or 5 minutes flying. Oh god, the pain... wait, it was no big deal.