Best professions for making money?

What is, in your opinion, the best way to make money on professions?
    I've tried herb gathering + alchemy, however, every time I post on the AH I am being undercut within minutes ... Any suggestions / ideas as to how we can make professions profitable again?

Selling raw herbs and ores, and flasks might be the only constant way of getting some money throughout the expansions.

Ion quitting is the only way of making professions profitable again mate.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Selling raw herbs and ores, and flasks might be the only constant way of getting some money throughout the expansions.

Ion quitting is the only way of making professions profitable again mate.
    And do what about those who undercut? Buy and resell?

Undercutting is the game. I usually found what is generally a "fair market", post at that price for full length everytime and skip that game.
    Regardless of undercutting, my crap usually got sold, sometimes within the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Undercutting is the game. I usually found what is generally a "fair market", post at that price for full length everytime and skip that game.
    Regardless of undercutting, my crap usually got sold, sometimes within the day.
    Cheers buddy - appreciated. I will stay patient, maybe purchase some of the competitions stock and repost (without ruining myself)...

Selling fish is lucrative too, I've made about 8 million of just doing that.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I've made millions just fine this expansion from the following professions:

Fishing (feast fish)
    Raw Herbalism (I just enjoy it, it's a kick everytime you see an Anchor Weed)
    Engineering (Make the PVP weapons at 340, 370 and now 400ilvl. Most buy these for their alts)
    Alchemy (Making rank 3 potions and flasks for the extra procs)

Not sure why people don't think professions can be lucrative. It requires work though, I suppose that's a turnoff to many.
    Hamsters are illegal in Hawaii!
    The only lesson learned from Classic's release: Players are fickle people.
    Bring on TBC servers, at least they'll offer more staying power... Hopefully.

Consumables, and mats towards, are always the go to money makers.

So Alchemy and Cooking. Throw batches up on raid nights, take in a lot of gold.

As I don't have time for any other character than my main was thinking between enchanting + tailoring (bags and enchants) or herb + alchemy. Bags sell for around 4k to 5k and I am on full populated server.
    Just cant decide should I take first or second option if I am looking just on making money. Running dungeons so mats for bags should not be problem.

Skinning + herbalism. You just run around, pick up stuff and sell it on the market. At least, it worked for me.

For me LW is key. OP, NEVER grind and get into real AH play, its a waste of time to grind for items. What others grind AH players just make into a bigger profit.

See say wow economy reddit for more info, I also have a video on my yt if you care.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10