Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Best professions for making money?

What is, in your opinion, the best way to make money on professions?
    I've tried herb gathering + alchemy, however, every time I post on the AH I am being undercut within minutes ... Any suggestions / ideas as to how we can make professions profitable again?

Selling raw herbs and ores, and flasks might be the only constant way of getting some money throughout the expansions.

Ion quitting is the only way of making professions profitable again mate.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Selling raw herbs and ores, and flasks might be the only constant way of getting some money throughout the expansions.

Ion quitting is the only way of making professions profitable again mate.
    And do what about those who undercut? Buy and resell?

Undercutting is the game. I usually found what is generally a "fair market", post at that price for full length everytime and skip that game.
    Regardless of undercutting, my crap usually got sold, sometimes within the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Undercutting is the game. I usually found what is generally a "fair market", post at that price for full length everytime and skip that game.
    Regardless of undercutting, my crap usually got sold, sometimes within the day.
    Cheers buddy - appreciated. I will stay patient, maybe purchase some of the competitions stock and repost (without ruining myself)...

I've made millions just fine this expansion from the following professions:

Fishing (feast fish)
    Raw Herbalism (I just enjoy it, it's a kick everytime you see an Anchor Weed)
    Engineering (Make the PVP weapons at 340, 370 and now 400ilvl. Most buy these for their alts)
    Alchemy (Making rank 3 potions and flasks for the extra procs)

Not sure why people don't think professions can be lucrative. It requires work though, I suppose that's a turnoff to many.

Consumables, and mats towards, are always the go to money makers.

So Alchemy and Cooking. Throw batches up on raid nights, take in a lot of gold.

As I don't have time for any other character than my main was thinking between enchanting + tailoring (bags and enchants) or herb + alchemy. Bags sell for around 4k to 5k and I am on full populated server.
    Just cant decide should I take first or second option if I am looking just on making money. Running dungeons so mats for bags should not be problem.

Skinning + herbalism. You just run around, pick up stuff and sell it on the market. At least, it worked for me.

For me LW is key. OP, NEVER grind and get into real AH play, its a waste of time to grind for items. What others grind AH players just make into a bigger profit.

See say wow economy reddit for more info, I also have a video on my yt if you care.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

It all depends on your servers economy. I am in a low pop server so end game flasks, pots, and food, don't sell as well since there are only 10 - 15 raiding guild and maybe half of those even using buffs. In my case raw mats are great as they are mostly used for cosmetic glyphs and missing transmogs. Tradeble mounts is usually good if you farm the mats yourself or if the raw mats are cheap enough on your AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venvuki View Post
    What is, in your opinion, the best way to make money on professions?
    Realistically, you need to look at the time frame of the expansion in addition to relative server AH health.

Every expansion is basically the same:

Expansion Launch = Gathering professions earn the most gold. Everybody is trying to level up their XYZ professions and needs mats.
    Expansion Mid, Raid Tier Launch = Consumable professions (alchemy, enchanting, cooking, jewelcrafting, etc.) are highly sought after. In particular Alchemy and Cooking.
    Expansion Lull, Post raid tier = Frills market + Prep for next expansion. So here toys, mounts, and other collector's stuff is now sought after. For next xpac prep, you're looking at bag market, Sky Golem market, and probably now mount equipment market.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The best profession so far I have seen is , maybe the Digital Marketers and SEOs who are working as a freelancers for many projects, If I ever had a chance I will switch mine with this profession.

Alchemy + Blacksmithing provided me some extra easy gold.

Once per day you transmute expulsom with alchemy
    Every 2 days you craft a Platinum Whetstone, which was worth from 10k to 15k ( currently on my realm is around 9k. you can check yours or median price with https://theunderminejournal.com )

I don't know if currently could provide enough cash to be considered good, neither i don't know if somebody will buy that stuff now that shadowlands alpha has come though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've made millions just fine this expansion from the following professions:

Fishing (feast fish)
    Raw Herbalism (I just enjoy it, it's a kick everytime you see an Anchor Weed)
    Engineering (Make the PVP weapons at 340, 370 and now 400ilvl. Most buy these for their alts)
    Alchemy (Making rank 3 potions and flasks for the extra procs)

Not sure why people don't think professions can be lucrative. It requires work though, I suppose that's a turnoff to many.
    Where do you fish?

interesting tread.....i'll thinking about

I made like 3 mil from skinning and mining before 8.3. Skinned and mined in Nazjatar for about a week or so to make JC rings and Leather gear for my main and mail gear for my primary alt. Got what I wanted quite quickly so I sold everything I had left over for like 2mil. If I just sold everything when people started crafting at the start of the patch, it would've been like 4mil. A bit late for that to work anymore though.

now these days where Covid -19 stuck all things i think e marketing is best profession to making money by work from home

7+ Year Old Account
    Get the job obtain credit card. Done.

Here are the 3 types of remote jobs you can find in your country or abroad, and can get employed easily, no matter you have been laid off recently by your employer, but if you want urgent hiring and want to earn money these are the best remote jobs that you can start working from today and can earn handsome pay.

Content Writing: this industry continues to grow and worth more than $300 billion. This job doesn't desire too much. All you need is good language skills, an original tone and a target audience whose problems you can solve with your knowledge and research. In addition to that you also need SEO knowledge that is now accessible to everyone. You can access free courses online using HubSpot Academy to learn the basics as I have found that to be very user friendly.
    Freelancing: Identify the set of skills you have. It could be anything from singing, painting, web development/design and register yourself on freelancing websites to showcase your work.
    Become an Influencer: Instead of handling somebody else’s account, become an influencer yourself. Start by sharing your daily routine on YouTube and Instagram with the people in these hard times and you would be surprised as to how many people connect with you. Gradually you can work on the quality of your content by learning different camera tricks and content curation techniques.