Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I agree with the author, I also had

I believe that every profession can be made profitable. You just need to benefit other people and thus you will definitely become in demand.

The best job is freelancing

Honestly I've heard plumbers make a great living or electricians. If you got the savoir faire or knowledge you can make some great life changing money.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've made millions just fine this expansion from the following professions:

Fishing (feast fish)
    Raw Herbalism (I just enjoy it, it's a kick everytime you see an Anchor Weed)
    Engineering (Make the PVP weapons at 340, 370 and now 400ilvl. Most buy these for their alts)
    Alchemy (Making rank 3 potions and flasks for the extra procs)

Not sure why people don't think professions can be lucrative. It requires work though, I suppose that's a turnoff to many.
    Flipping items is far less effort intensive and brings ridiculous amounts of money.

All it takes is tons of patience when posting stuff and collecting from the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Venvuki View Post
    What is, in your opinion, the best way to make money on professions?
    I've tried herb gathering + alchemy, however, every time I post on the AH I am being undercut within minutes ... Any suggestions/ideas as to how we can make professions profitable again?
    The work I do is to invest in different companies and earn money through their efforts, such as structural engineers' inspections at the Sunshine Coast, but for this, you must invest.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmitis View Post
    Any business can be profitable. You need to set goals and achieve them correctly. I have a small site on which I offer services. Over time, I plan to expand and create new parallel projects.
    You should always start small and expand over time.
    I agree. I also think that the best option is to do your own thing and develop in this direction. But also do not forget that many rich people invest. Therefore, it is worth studying this in order to multiply everything that you could earn.

There are many professions in which you can earn good money. The lucky ones who earn more than others can probably count others on their fingers. I have been fishing for several years, a very profitable business, and I do not complain about material wealth. Recently, while fishing came across an article about 16 easy ways to get free cryptocurrency and laughed. I wonder if there are people who earn that way? It seems that to get a really good income to work and toil, and not sit behind a computer.
    Last edited by TobyMicklaier45; 2022-03-31 at 08:39 PM. Reason: f

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venvuki View Post
    What is, in your opinion, the best way to make money on professions?
    Depends on so many factors. From server active population to AH health to composition of the server.

Generally speaking, collecting professions will usually see the largest gains at the start of the expansion (and subsequent content patches). Followed by crafting professions that provide consumables for end-game activities (i.e. raiding and M+). Then you start entering into the miscellaneous markets such as craftable toys and mounts.

Additionally, diversification is important because as certain items become popular to sell on the AH, the more people will dive into that market which means less margins to make (if any).

Lastly, also look for opportunities to invest in. For instance, starting this week (March 29th/30th) we see the return of the Mage Tower TW so expect to see activity around MT consumables to go up for a little while. The fact that it's a permanent return means that time exclusivity for MT items goes away but you could probably still see a residual market for it.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

So many bots posting in a 2-year-old thread.

Skinning + herbalism. You just run around, collect stuff, and sell it on the market. At least that worked for me.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zize55 View Post
    When I opened my small business, I realized that this is exactly what I want to do and only develop it, since normal money went and everything went very well, but then a pandemic and strict quarantine came, the profit fell by 2 times, so that to support my business, and then I had to take loans, I applied for an application using this site, because I really did not want to lose it. Therefore, whatever the job, you need to be prepared for all the difficulties that may overtake you.
    Best professions for making money is a taking a loan in WoW? Nice *hit)))

Alchemy cause in my opinion Flask of Power and Stamina will always be in high demand.
    Last edited by FionaStar; 2022-04-21 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesdawn View Post
    seo and software developer
    SEO and software developer are not WoW professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    WoW is not explicitly mentioned in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    WoW is not explicitly mentioned in the OP
    But it is in the World of Warcraft section and seo and software designers do not exist on Azeroth. Not to mention it's only the low post accounts that give real world suggestions while all the higher post count people actually know what the OP was talking about.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2022-04-22 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yea they are, make a lot of money and buy WoW tokens.

Every profession which gives you mental peace is best for you, because today One having mental peace is the richest person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raw materials. Herbs were always a good choice to stack money. Im just useing alch to make oils n pots for my own and enge for mole machine teleporter and combat ress. I dont need stacks of gold enymore in my pocket.

Tailoring still is a good option in my opinion.