Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    WoD will always be the worst. Because not only the features they added during the expansion were bad, but it's also the expansion where we lost the biggest amount of features :
    -Garrison was a good idea, but it didn't increased the quality of openworld content (because there wasn't any open world content at all). It actually made it useless because you just had to stack alts to get stuff.
    -Shipyard was a worse version of garrisons where your followers could simply die in a 91% mission.
    -Only 1 true major patch.
    -They removed gems, half of the gear enchant, profession perks.
    -They also started the ability pruning.
    -Also was the expansion with the most cutted content.

    WoD still had good content. Its dungeons and raids were goods. You know, the things Ion Hazzikostas used to work on .

    BFA is not the best expansion and has its flaws. But I actually think it's one of the most daring expansions they've ever made. They've tried a lot of things here (azerite traits, essences, a new way to design items with use / proc, visions, island, warfront) and while I agree that most of those features were not well designed (because of the grind, the way to get essences, warfront is just boring and island don't have any good directive line) they still tried to bring something new to the game.

    If you want to blame BFA's class design, blame WoD and Legion. Because BFA didn't brought anything major in class design outside of azerites who are, if you're not a min / maxer, a good feature that gives you the opportunity to adapt your build and who can in a few case change the way you play your class by adding a Divine Storm in your melee rotation thank to a proc for example.

  2. #242
    I don't remember doing anything at all in wod apart from raids and one set of challenge modes. I can't remember anything else. It was the only time i've had a break of this game for a whole year. In the first month of bfa i'm quite sure i spent more time with the game than in entire wod (outside of raids).

  3. #243
    WOD was crap and while I did unsub during it, I lasted longer then I did when I tried BFA, WOD still had a hint of the old class design (was the start of the gutting) the scaling in BFA sucks too IMO and most of all I could still play my ranged survial hunter in WOD.

    not really a matter I think of one being better one just sucked a hair less. (but not much).

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    From a raiding PoV (honestly the only thign I care about) WoD was so much more fun. Better raids, better class design and a lot more alt friendly.
    ill give you alt friendlines, but raids and classes (most of them, some might be exception) were not better, classes were pruned as hell and raids were at best comparable to bfa but not better in any (objective) way - bfa actualy tried some new things with raids (like different bosses and boss order in 8.1), WoD raids were just... standard

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's certainly MUCH better than WoD's recycled Draenor aesthetic, which I'm sure didn't blow away anyone; though Blackrock Foundry does stand out as a gorgeous zone.
    Wait what? You realize that the vast majority of BRF is recycled from the lower half of Siege of Orgrimmar right?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The MoP talent system has more depth than what came before it.
    I don't agree, nor do I agree with the premise that the depth of the system is what gives it its appeal.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  7. #247
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Wait what? You realize that the vast majority of BRF is recycled from the lower half of Siege of Orgrimmar right?
    Doesn't that prove his point? It seems like it does.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You know a review is trash when people use vague argument 100% base on feeling. "The classes felt better" what a baseless way to compare stuff. Can you at least dare give a class and spec so we can actually relate to. Also, feeling base on 6 years old memories... yes, no chance of that being tainted by nostalgia right? /sarcasm.
    Windwalker, Demonology, Blood. 3 of the best designed specs the game has ever seen, with most of the rest being MoP specs. Then there's specs like Mistweaver and Subtlety which were better than they've been since, but not necessarily top spec designs of all time.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The problem with WoD is that it had little content. But the content it did have was miles better than the anti-fun shit in BfA that feels soulless and with the sole purpose of increasing /played time metrics.

    Off the top of my head, WoD was better because:

    The classes were better in WoD. Both how they felt to play and how deep they were, and how different they were from one another. Now we have standardized trash that feels the same. With the GCD change it's even more annoying and tedious.

    WoW was always grindy, but even in WoD somehow the grinds felt much less tedious and they were more rewarding. In BfA they feel pointless, unrewarding and plain awful.

    Timegating was already present but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, with timegates within timegates on top of timegates.

    RNG wasn't as bad as it is now. RNG is straight up worse than in mobile games now. Hell, with the cancer of 8.3 and the way corrupted gear is wrapped within many layers of RNG (right tier, right effect, right slot etc...), we could say the RNG now is worse than ever.

    Even the zones and exploration had more to it. They were already pretty much soulless quest hubs back then, but now they're literally just empty worlds with good art (yeah yeah good job art team).

    The story was already a clusterfuck so I guess they're equally shitty in this department. But I do remember enjoying it more back then, but that's probably just me being jaded by now.

    And the so-called "content" that BfA has is shit. Island expeditions, warfronts etc... are just shit, pure shit, it's not even subjective, they're not fun or worth doing. It feels like they learned from WoD that they need to add content, but this company is so incompetent it doesn't actually know what good content is.
    As bad as Wod was, BFA is worse. At least I had fun playing my classes. BFA they all play for shit
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    WoD will always be the worst. Because not only the features they added during the expansion were bad, but it's also the expansion where we lost the biggest amount of features :
    -Garrison was a good idea, but it didn't increased the quality of openworld content (because there wasn't any open world content at all). It actually made it useless because you just had to stack alts to get stuff.
    -Shipyard was a worse version of garrisons where your followers could simply die in a 91% mission.
    -Only 1 true major patch.
    -They removed gems, half of the gear enchant, profession perks.
    -They also started the ability pruning.
    -Also was the expansion with the most cutted content.

    WoD still had good content. Its dungeons and raids were goods. You know, the things Ion Hazzikostas used to work on .

    BFA is not the best expansion and has its flaws. But I actually think it's one of the most daring expansions they've ever made. They've tried a lot of things here (azerite traits, essences, a new way to design items with use / proc, visions, island, warfront) and while I agree that most of those features were not well designed (because of the grind, the way to get essences, warfront is just boring and island don't have any good directive line) they still tried to bring something new to the game.

    If you want to blame BFA's class design, blame WoD and Legion.
    Because BFA didn't brought anything major in class design outside of azerites who are, if you're not a min / maxer, a good feature that gives you the opportunity to adapt your build and who can in a few case change the way you play your class by adding a Divine Storm in your melee rotation thank to a proc for example.
    How about I blame BfA for not improving it? It could've broken the trend but didn't.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  11. #251
    No it wasn't. The extremes people would go to in order to fit on the hate train is ridiculous.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

    I'd rather have a small amount of content that is enjoyable than a large amount of content that is not.
    well the only content in WoD were raids and pvp, which is still present and enjoyable in bfa...

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ill give you alt friendlines, but raids and classes (most of them, some might be exception) were not better, classes were pruned as hell and raids were at best comparable to bfa but not better in any (objective) way - bfa actualy tried some new things with raids (like different bosses and boss order in 8.1), WoD raids were just... standard
    Literally every WoD raid let you choose boss order(while BfA had 2 fully linear raids), with Highmaul even allowing you to do the "last" boss before other bosses. And classes were better because they still had most of their MoP quality left.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-02-10 at 02:01 PM.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    As bad as Wod was, BFA is worse. At least I had fun playing my classes. BFA they all play for shit
    dunno which classes you played in wod but most were prunned to the ground...

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well the only content in WoD were raids and pvp, which is still present and enjoyable in bfa...
    Except they're less enjoyable in BfA because classes play much worse and BfA raids haven't been particularly great(every end boss except Uu'nat sucked)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    dunno which classes you played in wod but most were prunned to the ground...
    And they haven't gotten any better since, they've gotten worse with each expansion since they peaked in MoP.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  16. #256
    Well. Every expansion had some "pros"

    WoD was alt friendly and had probably least grinding.
    And thats it.

    A lot of people are claiming how class desing was great. However as far as I remember everyone back then was mad about massive pruning and classes heavily cooldown dependent.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Literally every WoD raid let you choose boss order, with Highmaul even allowing you to do the "last" boss before other bosses. And classes were better because they still had most of their MoP quality left.
    classes were horribly pruned, and choice in boss order was something new or amazing? (and in Nyalotha you can choose boss order to extend)
    if that got you confused, different boss order i mentioned was different order for horde/ally and actualy slightly different bosses, not that you could choose order...

    so no, raids were pretty much a standard in WoD, and although BFA raids were not groundbreaking, at least they tried new things...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except they're less enjoyable in BfA because classes play much worse and BfA raids haven't been particularly great(every end boss except Uu'nat sucked)

    - - - Updated - - -



    And they haven't gotten any better since, they've gotten worse with each expansion since they peaked in MoP.
    make a choice in your artificial hate, once you say classes were better, then that they were bad but didnt get better, so what it is?

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You know a review is trash when people use vague argument 100% base on feeling. "The classes felt better" what a baseless way to compare stuff. Can you at least dare give a class and spec so we can actually relate to. Also, feeling base on 6 years old memories... yes, no chance of that being tainted by nostalgia right? /sarcasm.
    Wait what?

    “Can you atleast dare give a class and specc so we can actually relate to”

    Isnt this how u FEEL about it? Your entire comment is flushed down the toilet. Most things in life are based on feelings idiot.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    classes were horribly pruned, and choice in boss order was something new or amazing? (and in Nyalotha you can choose boss order to extend)
    if that got you confused, different boss order i mentioned was different order for horde/ally and actualy slightly different bosses, not that you could choose order...

    so no, raids were pretty much a standard in WoD, and although BFA raids were not groundbreaking, at least they tried new things...

    - - - Updated - - -



    make a choice in your artificial hate, once you say classes were better, then that they were bad but didnt get better, so what it is?
    The boss order in BoD was the same with the exception of 2 free bosses(Grong and Jadefire) which switched position depending on faction. The bosses didn't change mechanically unless you count the stupid pillar on Jadefire as Alliance.

    I'm completely consistent in my opinion on classes. They got better every expansion, peaked in MoP and then gradually got worse with each expansion since. It isn't a binary thing.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-02-10 at 02:10 PM.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  20. #260
    I legitimately preferred wod to this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •