Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    world quests are literally dalies.
    the garrison was worse, but if you want to compare stuff, compare world quests and dailies.
    WQ's however feel a thousand times better than dailies, something that both 8.2 and 8.3 made very, very clear.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    WQ's however feel a thousand times better than dailies, something that both 8.2 and 8.3 made very, very clear.
    Agreed.
    I far prefer not having to go to town to pick them up, or doing the stuff then picking them up and going "shit i shoulda picked this up before doing the other quest"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Agreed.
    I far prefer not having to go to town to pick them up, or doing the stuff then picking them up and going "shit i shoulda picked this up before doing the other quest"
    World quests are daily quests + some QoL but they are still boring repetitive daily chores to keep hamst... I mean people playing brainlessly on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Im curious how people can actually like legion

From my perspective;

1)They destroyed litterly every class and then fixed them through a silly artifact weapon(jeej) they said they would get rid of them end of expansion, so how will they fix our broken classes?

2) offspeccs were litterly not a thing for most the expansion cycle

3) alts pretty much a no go for most of the duration

4) class halls; lackluster concept

5) raids, nighthold realy good, rest were pretty boring and most bosses mechanicly felt the same and the layout was all so fel and shit it felt realy moody

6) dungeons, well that was the good part.

7) mage tower, pretty bad and sad for tanks, kite challenge was to easy. Imp melee one was cool, healer just lol.

8) introduction of m+ neither a good or bad concept

9) wq, we all love them.

10) to many rewards which felt any item you get mend nothing, as their was always a better one pretty much.

11) legendaries were rhe worst thing EVER

Overall legion was a D at best lol

Legion paved the way of the future of wow and it looks silly,

Bfa tried to fix alot, and broke other things in the process sadly. But i dindt expect them to fix so many silly mechanics legion brought
    Here, I'll help you.

1) Artifacts were fun in that you had a feeling of progress through the entire expansion that was horizontal instead of the solely vertical progression you got from leveling.

2) Generally I have one spec I like for a class and stick to it. I remember having a time period where you had to pay respec costs and go out of your way to switch and I guess I'm happy just being able to switch on a whim. Not worried about min/maxing off sets.

3) Not everyone plays alts extensively. I tend to level them and maybe play a tank alt. To counter your point, tons of people played alts just to do mage tower later in the expac. I have not played multiple alts in end game content since WOTLK where I was doing Heroic 25 on a resto druid, warlock, and prot paladin every week. Back then people bitched about having to clear multiple instances of ICC per character due to there being separate lock outs depending on 10/25.

4) I've seen almost universal love for class halls. They were amazing.

5) I don't end game raid anymore, but they were enjoyable that I did do.

6) Dungeon design was the best since probably Cata for 5 mans. Mythic+ was a good addition that alone was worth a rating boost on Legion.

7) Another loved feature by others. Many people made mage tower challenges the main thing they worked towards for an extended period of time.

8) Already touched on.

9) Agreed, much better than dailies. I'd like to see them become more dynamic in the future.

10) I can agree, I like having a patch best in slot that you know you won't replace.

11) Legion legendaries were my favorite legendary implementation yet. Knowing you could at any time have a powerful game changing drop happen was fun. Where players, not Blizzard, went wrong is trying to farm them in order to min/max their gear. The players killed the enjoyment of a great system for themselves. I wish they would do these legendaries again. They were awesome.

WoD was the best expansion by far for the casual in me. Real life has not allowed me to raid since Wrath and in WoD I was able to buy just about all of the mounts/pets/toys my heart desired thanks to the Garrison and my 22 100s (All classes for each faction).

WoDs problem felt more it was abandoned in like the first patch cycle. All they did was take things that were supposed to be in at launch or at the first content patch and spread it out to create an whole expansion and gambled the give you everything garrison was going keep you from seeing it. The systems weren't so bad though. Class design was pretty good. Raids were really good. PVP and stuff was alright. They just totally dropped the ball on content.

BFA on the other hand really had all the content cycles and such you could ask for. They were numerous and plentiful. It's bigger problem is what was within them was kind of dry and mostly boring. Everything boiled down to time gates and endless point grinding mechanics. Hell even running dungeons now is about point stacking in a 3rd part addon. The raids, for me anyway, just weren't as entertaining because it's just a shit sandwich of dozens of mechanics bouncing all over the place of which aren't that bad individually but then with the dreaded 2-3 times the fight where they line up and make or break you reality.

If I really had to choose which was better it is hard to say. Is having something 'new' to do more often that isn't very entertaining (my opinion here) with BFA better than a more entertaining (again, just my opinion) but never anything new coming out reality of WoD? Hard to say. Do I enjoy poo in my face that is a day old or two days old? Both seem pretty shitty. The only choice I want to make about it is the fact I wish I didn't have to choose either.

WoD was a lot better than bfa and legion. It was however worse than MoP in almost every conceivable way, which is why it gets so much shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    World quests are daily quests + some QoL but they are still boring repetitive daily chores to keep hamst... I mean people playing brainlessly on a daily basis.
    and? that is what dailies are and have been since TBC.
    have you been complaining about dailies since tbc? why are you even here if 13 years later they are still forcing ya to do dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    WoD made people stand alone in their garrisons, bored.
    BFA made people leave.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

To be honest, the cinematics in WoD were better, they gave more of an impact, like yrel on the boat for example, as for content? No , the dungeons in bfa are much better, the story is better, and i would rather deal with a shitty necklace than the garrisons we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Legion added world quests, MoP added the secrets, the LFG tool is from Wotlk, scenarios were also a MoP feature.
    I'm pretty sure WoD pioneered world quests. They weren't called that back then, and they didn't completely replace dailies at first (only greatly reduced them compared to MoP), but they did exist. I believe they were called Bonus Objectives that showed up on the map.

LFG I'm not talking about automatic queues for dungeons and stuff. There a barebones system before that worked poorly and no one used. In WoD, with the revamp of raiding difficulties, they added the LFG tool that now lets you easily list your group for Raiding, Dungeons, PvP or Quests, or filter through the available listed groups.

Scenarios were a mop feature, but they didn't work the same way. The one example I clearly recall was during a quest in Talador, you would walk near Shattrath City and automatically be phased in into a scripted scenario, along with your group, seamlessly (without any loading screens). That wasn't possible before, although I will admit it isn't a particularly big revamp or anything, but it did impress me and pave the way to better instancing overall that is still used today even if not that much.

MoP secrets you're right. I didn't have the impression that they were as prominent/rewarding as in WoD, but that's probably just my personal experience with it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I'm pretty sure WoD pioneered world quests. They weren't called that back then, and they didn't completely replace dailies at first (only greatly reduced them compared to MoP), but they did exist. I believe they were called Bonus Objectives that showed up on the map.

LFG I'm not talking about automatic queues for dungeons and stuff. There a barebones system before that worked poorly and no one used. In WoD, with the revamp of raiding difficulties, they added the LFG tool that now lets you easily list your group for Raiding, Dungeons, PvP or Quests, or filter through the available listed groups.

Scenarios were a mop feature, but they didn't work the same way. The one example I clearly recall was during a quest in Talador, you would walk near Shattrath City and automatically be phased in into a scripted scenario, along with your group, seamlessly (without any loading screens). That wasn't possible before, although I will admit it isn't a particularly big revamp or anything, but it did impress me and pave the way to better instancing overall that is still used today even if not that much.

MoP secrets you're right. I didn't have the impression that they were as prominent/rewarding as in WoD, but that's probably just my personal experience with it.
    Bonus Objectives were a thing - sure, but those weren't exactly the same as WQ's. They were a single bar which you could fill by killing or collecting stuff in like Tanaan otherwise they were a one time thing which only appeared while leveling through the WoD zones. They didn't replace dailies either, but dailies weren't a thing in WoD at all really.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.
    Yep, it just seems like a massive step back

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I get that you dislike the concept,but fact is WQ are LEAGUES better than the traditional dailies,i want to vomit in my mouth every day that i have to do uldum and vale,the same bottlenecked quests,with objects that only one person can interact with(why did they do this?other quests that are more spaced out dont have this),in a small area with everyone....

Overall, I still prefer BFA to WOD, but I think WODs final patch was better

No king rules forever, i guess that apply to wow also Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's such a split opinion because there are people that don't mind raid logging, then there are people that want other things to do outside of raids.

In BFA it feels like you're forced to do awful content if you want your character to be as powerful as possible. M+ is cool, but an entire expansion of the same 5 mans, no thanks.

Both expansions have good raids, if I had to pick one to play now, I'd choose WoD, simply because the content outside of raids in BFA is awful (besides M+ for the first couple of months).
    I agree when you say the same 5 mans are annoying. I dont really raid I just m+, I really hoped blizz would adapt the idea from eso of releasing 2 dungeons every 3 months, and if they feel NO they give us 10 dungeons at launch and thats that, id rather have them give me 6 dungeons with launch and then 3 dungeons with every new raid. The dungeons could even be raid themed. Idk man.. the affixes dont do as much as someone at blizz thinks they do for running the same stuff over and over.

M+ Alone makes BfA a far better product. Challenge mode, while fun, does not offer the same level of replayability as mythic plus does. Not to mention islands, warfronts, and the war campaign. Even if you hate all of those features, its still better than the nothing we got in WoD.

I personally am excited to see what they are able to do with the random generation tech they used for Islands. Islands themselves were not the pinnacle of fun but i'm just thinking about potential ways they could possibly reuse the tech later on. Perhaps we will see in Torghast?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    No king rules forever, i guess that apply to wow also Ion.
    First it was Ghostcrawler. Then it was Celestalon/Holinka. Now its Ion. Next will be _________'s Fault!

You people are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    Sorry, but my statement has nothing to do with being small minded, simply telling others that if they feel the game is bad, it's better to stop instead of spreading your negative opinion with hope to receive "likes"

- - - Updated - - -

Also this;

Letting blizzard know what the state of the game feels like, or what aspect you do not favor works better by creating a sticky thread instead of dozens that ironically mostly only exist out of;

" this game is bad but I don't know how to explain what is bad or how to make it better "
    I agree, if someone feels the game is bad, then they should quit.

However, this is not the case for most people in here. They play WoW because they like the game, but they feel that certain elements of the game are bad. And a lot of people are very specific in detailing exactly which elements they don't like and why they don't like them. So to tell these people that they just need to stop play the game that they love, is just disrespectful.

I am a total filthy casual so take this with a grain of salt. I preferred WOD. I had alot more fun playing in WOD and played every day. Now I'll go for days at a time because I feel everything is such a grind in BFA. It was alot more fun when I wanted to play alts in WOD. With the corrupted gear and cape, my alts are basically unplayable unless I invest alot of time in each of them. I personally loved my garrison (Alliance garrison, Horde one not so much) and even had fun in Trashran. I also preferred the WOD raids, but got burned out during the Hellfire drought.

WoD had truely amazing raids. I still cringe thinking about that train dungeon though... that camera snapping.