View Poll Results: Worst final content patch?

Voters
522. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell

15 2.87%
  • 3.3 - Fall of the Lich King

13 2.49%
  • 4.3 - Hour of Twilight

140 26.82%
  • 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar

45 8.62%
  • 6.2 - Fury of Hellfire

108 20.69%
  • 7.3 - Shadows of Argus

15 2.87%
  • 8.3 - Visions of N'Zoth

186 35.63%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Remember when they ended mists of pandaria with a raid and like 3 quests in the barrens. For like a fucking year?
    No, I dont remember that because it didnt happen.

The last patch had SoO with 14 bosses, the Timeless Isle and Throne of Thunder was still relevant for trinkets and achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It seemed more logical to me that 8.3 would get fewer votes because its still a new and somewhat fresh patch that people still have to fully play through. Once the drought kicks in after at least a few months, people would look back and see what the patch really offered after some time passed. 8.3 getting a lot of votes now either means that it either offered nothing new and engaging or people are just still unhappy with BFA in general and 8.3 did nothing to fix its issues.
    At this point i am convinced the forums have just decided that BfA is all bad all the time, and that no amount of good content will convince them otherwise. They are simply bad by association to BfA.

It comes down to 6.2 and 8.3.

4.3 was bad, but between the new LFR and the new dungeons, there was "enough" to do, especially considering the lack of barriers and timegating for alts. Class design was also still very strong at this point in the game, leading to a small amount of content but a large amount of fun, even despite how bad Dragon Soul was overall.

6.2 sucked. Tanaan Jungle was bad. Class design was notably worse than Cata/MoP. LFR was pointless, as they had heavily nerfed the rewards. Hellfire Citadel was not a good raid. No new dungeons. Shipyard (one of the worst pieces of content in the games history). 6.2 was really bad.

8.3... just has chores and the new raid. I don't particularly enjoy Horrific Visions. Daily lesser visions are just unnecessarily annoying (it takes longer to get to the zone than it does to complete this... why is it a daily?). Ny'alotha is a decent raid, no doubt, but between poor class design and a monolithic brick wall gating away alt play, 8.3 has less to do, despite actually having more and better content than 6.2. The essence grind really is holding this patch back hugely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    *snip*
    This forum bandwagonning is a staple of WoW for many years, it just got more severe as of late because overall there seems to be this toxic gamer culture of ridicule being rampant overall, where all this faux gamer rage and constant witty bullshit being perceived as cool by unwashed masses.

So yes, despite BFA literally being Legion 2.0 in many ways - people still somehow make it out as if its "teh worst evah" while Legion was apparently the second coming of Jesus Christ of Expansion.

That's not to say that BFA is some perfect expansion there, clearly Warfronts, Isles and Azerite did not play out as Blizz hoped and some classes have legitimate grievances, but it's definitely not the worst ever expansion.

I'd rate it as ok expansion, really. Well done M+ evolution and Allied Races are all well received. Raids were good, some story parts were really good (Jaina finally getting a decent story and not becoming yet another hero no.241 going mad), 8.2 being a big highlight with both Nazjatar and Mechagon being amongs the best zones given yet because of their great content. I really think this expansion was not as terrible as people make it out - it's definitely better than WoD and for sure better than Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I can’t remember the 5.3 patch exactly but I remember doing it for like two days and then it being pointless once I got the toys from the rares, or something like that. I remember being extremely underwhelmed with what was otherwise my absolute favorite expansion by a mile.
    tbh besides doing the 5.3 quests I didn't bother a lot with the barrens either on my main. Pretty much all of the loot rewards were catch up gear so I did them a lot on my alts. If you were already raiding ToT then there wasn't anything there for you.

Anybody that didn't answer Hour of Twilight, didn't play it. 8.3 kind of sucks but there's a lot of great stuff here.

Hour of Twilight was so bad, it tinged the image of an entirely good expansion. Visions is tinged by a mostly bad expansion. This patch sucks, but 4.3 was a new level of awful. Ny'alotha is pretty cool aside from the lore stuffs. The encounters are pretty cool. Horrific Visions are cool. Dynamic zones are cool. The idea of corrupted gear is really cool too, it was just a hard first swing.

There was nothing in Hour of Twilight that I could come away saying was a promising innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Anybody that didn't answer Hour of Twilight, didn't play it. 8.3 kind of sucks but there's a lot of great stuff here.

Hour of Twilight was so bad, it tinged the image of an entirely good expansion. Visions is tinged by a mostly bad expansion. This patch sucks, but 4.3 was a new level of awful. Ny'alotha is pretty cool aside from the lore stuffs. The encounters are pretty cool. Horrific Visions are cool. Dynamic zones are cool. The idea of corrupted gear is really cool too, it was just a hard first swing.

There was nothing in Hour of Twilight that I could come away saying was a promising innovation.
    Hour of twilight added transmog to the game which still keeps people occupied and is relevant to this very day. Don't think many end expansion patches have added such a feature with the exception of LFD in 3.3 maybe.
    Last edited by Poe; 2020-02-09 at 12:18 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Really, 8.3 ? People didnt remember cataclysm last patch ? At least in 8.3 you have somewhat "some" action with assaults, rares, secrets, pvp and visions...

Cataclysm you had the raid and 3 quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Tiny timegated daily island and timegated raid. People who voted for 8.3 probably didnt even play back then to know how little content that patch had.
    Id rather take little content that is fun over 8.3s hodgepodge of tedious bullshit. Plus the game played about 100x better back then than it does now. If i wanted a button mash action rpg id have downloaded Tera a while ago

Then BfA rolls around, and suddenly all those past flaws were forgiven, because BfA somehow did it way worse.
    Exactly. While Legion certainly had its flaws, BfA doubled down on them while removing the nice parts of Legion. That doesn't mean the bad parts were "forgiven" though, especially when they are still very much present today.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point i am convinced the forums have just decided that BfA is all bad all the time, and that no amount of good content will convince them otherwise. They are simply bad by association to BfA.
    What is "good" content for you can be bad for others. Please don't assume everyone here should share your tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

Anyone saying Visions of N'zoth is just riding the Hatetrain.
    We got a significantly better raid than Dragon Soul and world content in 8.3.
    4.3 had maybe the most poorly received raid of all time and....?

Seriously, someone explain how this is comparable.

4.3 added in LFR which is the reason I got back into raiding. Played the hell out of that patch. So many alts thanks to cata altogether. Oh yeh, and transmog! Transmog is easily one of the best things ever added in a patch.

This one is a strong contender. It is hard to not give it to WoD since it was 1 of 2 patches and part of a very week expansion over all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Id rather take little content that is fun over 8.3s hodgepodge of tedious bullshit. Plus the game played about 100x better back then than it does now. If i wanted a button mash action rpg id have downloaded Tera a while ago
    Ah yes, do 3-4 dailies and spam a two button rotation. The epitome of quality!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The ONLY good part about BFA was the 8.2 zone & story of Nazjatar and Mechagon. That's it.

The rest of the expansion has been trash, every system plagued with poor design. It's arguable even Nazjatar was bad because it was a huge wasted opportunity that could have carried an expansion itself.

I like Ion - but i'm surprised he's still in a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    If you think 8.3 is the worst final patch you have some major recency bias.

If 4.3 was released today the forums would explode.

3.3>8.3>5.4>6.2>4.3

Left out sunwell and Argus because I didn’t play them.

- - - Updated - - -

People who started playing in Legion/BFA shouldn’t vote.
    Started playing late in Burning Crusade. Wanna try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Started playing late in Burning Crusade. Wanna try again?
    Doubt. /10

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Good to see the same nonsensical "reasoning" still going on strong. Because apparently you can't be playing the game and criticising some parts of it at the same time. Besides, if you hadn't played 8.3, how could you possibly criticise it at all?
    This is what we call the reductio ad absurdum in the business. I never said you shouldn't criticize the game at all, i just feel weird seeing that so many people from start to finish shit on bfa and still somehow seem to play the game. This shitting on bfa no matter what has been in my opinion so loud that the actual criticism has been made silent next to it.

To me it would make sense that the last tier of the "worst expansion ever" would get the least votes just cause there would be less people playing it but here we are with bfa on the top of the most hated final patch.

Hour of Twilight was pretty bad. But yeah, this one is worse.

What makes 8.3 worse is they have had years now to perfect a final patch and keep the game feeling worthwhile. They actually hit is right in the last expansion, Argus was a fantastic final patch, so why is the final patch one expansion on so underwhelming? As Argus proved it isn't because WE'RE bored of the game, its because they failed to deliver something new or interesting.

We are right now flying around zones from cataclysm and mists instead of fresh new zones. Instead if any new dungeons we get scenarios. Instead of a fresh new idea for world content its just 'do xx daily quests' again. And all this building to a raid with an disappointing ending.

I just can't get how its possible to make an amazing experience like legion and follow along with this piece of crap expansion. Sure BFA has some highlights, like the playable allied races, some of the backdrops, some of the lore here and there. But its like finding nuggets of gold in a pile of cow crap. The war story was a meaningless distraction from what could have been an old god driven expansion, instead of have lore whiplash in how it turned from a war driven expansion to suddenly being all about n'zoth.

And the systems of play are just awful, There unsatisfying feeling of having an epic piece of armor with great ability slot powering you up, to just having to throw now just the armor away but take a reduced amount of power upgrades every patch is just a bad system. Azerite grinding because its such a popular system like it was apexis grinding.. and now on top of that its grinding corrupted momentos, oh yay..

they did so well with legion, why did it go this way..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Anyone saying Visions of N'zoth is just riding the Hatetrain.
    We got a significantly better raid than Dragon Soul and world content in 8.3.
    4.3 had maybe the most poorly received raid of all time and....?

Seriously, someone explain how this is comparable.
    as said, 4.3 was bad, but they had years to perfect and work to making a better system since those days. Cata came fresh off of wrath, which itself was a very slow burn final patch, so they were still working out how to make final content new and interesting at that stage.
    they don't have an excuse anymore, except being honest about how many people they fired from the company as to why it turned out such poor quality.
    #boycottchina

8.3 is pretty bad. only logged in for the alpaca mount.