Poll: Worst final content patch?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Worst final content patch?

What do you think has been the worst final major patch ever released in an expansion? Forget about the rest of the expansion. Include the minor patches that were part of that major content patch (like 5.4.8 in MoP), but not the pre-expansion patches that overhauled everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you including 8.3 in your poll if you're asking people to include minor patches that happened six months after the main patch (like 5.4.8)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Why are you including 8.3 in your poll if you're asking people to include minor patches that happened six months after the main patch (like 5.4.8)?
    Because there won't be any minor patches like 8.3.5 as confirmed by Ion. 8.3 will be the last patch for BFA.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol at the one dude who picked sunwell. boo this man

Cataclysm by far, worst content drought of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Cataclysm by far, worst content drought of all time.
    Kept the casuals busy though as halfway through it thanks to scaling raid nerf heroic deathwing was about as hard as an LFR boss LMFAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Sunwell was the epitome of timegating.

Zone was timegated and raid was timegated

I chose 4.3 because they literally just recycled wyrmrest temple and then we had the pleasure of killing back hairs and clipping toenails.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a patch I'd say 8.3 by far, however I am managing to enjoy myself by NOT doing most of what the patch has to "offer" and simply spending time doing older/different content.

Something which the other patches (for the most part) didn't have going for them.

Remember when they ended mists of pandaria with a raid and like 3 quests in the barrens. For like a fucking year?

Obvious answer - <current thing> is always worse than any <previous thing>.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Remember when they ended mists of pandaria with a raid and like 3 quests in the barrens. For like a fucking year?
    Yeah - but that's a <past thing> so obviously it isn't as bad as <current thing>.

It makes sense - which is worse, the pain you suffered 3 years ago or the pain you are suffering now.
    Which is better, the fun you had 3 years ago, or the fun you are having now.

Human nature is to forget how good or bad the past was.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yeah i loved doing 5 dailies and then waiting on an isle, literally nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    If I'm being honest the one I have to go with is 3.3 - Icecrown. The raid was always rather blah to me. Empty Halls with empty boss rooms. Was very disappointing. The 3 dungeons were more annoying than anything. Did anyone actually enjoy running Halls of Reflection? I would have said 4.3 but it atleast added transmog and that was a pretty big game changer.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the patch, but out of all of them I think it did the least for me.
    I actually did like Halls. It was actually sort of challenging and fun for a little while. I do agree about Icecrown though. Always disliked that raid. I actually quit raiding after I killed Lich King and have never gone back.

I actually think 8.3 might be the worst end patch. I literally have nothing to do beside the cloak thing, which isn’t bad itself, but it’s getting old quick and the forced dailies add to the annoyance. There is also almost no good appearances to collect this expansion or extra things to do that interest me. There is stuff to collect, but it’s stuff I’ll collect and literally never look at again or care about, so why bother. It could just be I’m sick it all too.

Legion I had mage tower and artifact appearances to get. Plus class mounts, hall stories, etc.
    WoD I had shipyard to progress and I felt like I could find some things to do with garrisons, etc
    MoP had timeless isle, which I liked
    Cata had the dungeons and LFR introduced, which was interesting at the time and good looking sets to collect from DS.
    Wrath had 3 dungeons and ICC, which got old after a month or so, but there was argent dailies to get stuff to do still also
    BC has Sunwell isle, which was good at the time
    Vanilla had Naxx and that’s pretty much it. I think my guild got 4-5 bosses before BC.

Really vanilla, wrath, and BFA were the worst from my perspective.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-08 at 02:53 AM.

6.2 The raid wasn't bad but Tanaan was just the most boring zone ever, hated it, nothing to do. And outside of raid nights LFR provided absolutely nothing because the gear was all shit, even for the lowest of low alts.

The cataclysm one. My least favorite expansion, hated literally everything about it, maybe except archaeology.

Probably WoD. Cata a close second. Did 5.4 introduce flex raiding or was that the WoD prepatch? Because that was the best patch ever.

4.3 easily. 1 shitty raid, 2 shitty dungeons, and literally the only good content was the axed War of the Ancients raid turn dungeon. I really can't agree with people voting for 8.3 though, when comparing to 4.3.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    4.3 easily. 1 shitty raid, 2 shitty dungeons, and literally the only good content was the axed War of the Ancients raid turn dungeon. I really can't agree with people voting for 8.3 though, when comparing to 4.3.
    As bad as it is, I voted 8.3. No one asked for another bandaid progression system (legendary cloak).

It's like Blizzard were afraid that now most people have collected almost all of the essences on their mains that they'll stop playing. At least 4.3 introduced transmogrification. I enjoyed the dungeons at the time, especially the WotA dungeon. It breaks my heart knowing that it was supposed to be a raid though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Easily 6.2 - no contest. There was a raid and that was quite literally it. 8.3 on the other hand has so many different things to do on top of a similarly sized raid. I don’t think any end of expac patch has had so little as 6.2

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated both Legion and BfA's ending.