Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Boring solo content in an MMORPG game.
    You know just because it's an MMO doesn't mean literally everything you do has to be with other players, right?

Or the fact that you could do it in a group if you wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    You seem like you hate horrific visions with a passion based on your posts. Just don't do em past the weekly run(s) in groups? Simple solution really.
    I don’t like timed content, plain and simple, because it’s never well tuned for every char/spec.

I enjoy the challenge, but the rewards are underwhelming. You get handed stronger gear from the world quests without effort, and there aren't any unique, interesting transmogs. I guess if you care about mounts...
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I enjoy the challenge, but the rewards are underwhelming. You get handed stronger gear from the world quests without effort, and there aren't any unique, interesting transmogs. I guess if you care about mounts...
    They extend far past emissary rewards and are guaranteed, so they have a place. They go up to 475, emissary are max 445

And we also havent seen a gear one in over a week iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They extend far past emissary rewards and are guaranteed, so they have a place. They go up to 475, emissary are max 445

Yes but to get 475 you have to do mortal jumps. Doubt will ever get one with my blood dk. Maybe with the cloak fully upgraded and with all the tech talents active, but it will require months to full them.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes but to get 475 you have to do mortal jumps. Doubt will ever get one with my blood dk. Maybe with the cloak fully upgraded and with all the tech talents active, but it will require months to full them.
    Isn't hard to get over emissary ilvl though (full lvl cloak is something crazy too, like 80% reduction)

And even at that, like I said, it's guaranteed loot, emissaries are extremely rng

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

Yeah, but I don't how strong I would have to be to do a full clear with all masks. Hard to say, but for now, for me it will be something like a clear +2 max , and I wouldn't gain anything. Did a warfront HC yesterday and got me a sweet 460 weapon, which was not a challenge at all. I know you can't farm those, but still think the gear rewards aren't balanced enough. Like why is the invasions still 370? They should be at least 420-430 to match the current content.
    Mother pus bucket!

Yeah, but I don't how strong I would have to be to do a full clear with all masks. Hard to say, but for now, for me it will be something like a clear +2 max , and I wouldn't gain anything. Did a warfront HC yesterday and got me a sweet 460 weapon, which was not a challenge at all. I know you can't farm those, but still think the gear rewards aren't balanced enough. Like why is the invasions still 370? They should be at least 420-430 to match the current content.
    Because Blizzard insists that they're season 1 content and shouldn't be updated, even though they released a month before season 2 started. Same reason the warfronts haven't been updated. They didn't even update the invasion azerite with the new ring in season 2, instead they eventually just got rid of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yup...a mount can drop from them if it spawns the correct rare IIRC

Yep, but he also runs other classes at different ilevels. I like how he explains stuff and I think he is pretty skilled. Yeah...sure..we have the ppl here who will say he is a scrub and who think Method is without skill, but that tells me enough of those ppl to discard their opinion.

Plus I know at least that I am very mediocre, so I currently can only go so far and don't see mask runs in my future. Would be easy to blame it on the concept and execution of visions, but I know it is mostly me. (I still think the random madnesses and the fact that there is just this one tuning for 36 speccs sucks)
    Technically there's 3 different tuning levels, but I agree, they need to balance it better in Torghast, which the random buffs might help with(or ruin).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I just have no earthly idea how I would ever get 100 000 mementos for the mount. Well...maybe I get the backpack, as that is "only" 5000.
    A 5 mask clear is apparently like 5-6k, and I'd imagine that with full talents and cloak that'll be doable for a lot of people.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    If you cannot manage to do decent dps as blood, that's just on you for picking wrong talents, stacking wrong stats, wearing incorrect gear (trinkets et all) etc. I've never had that issue as blood in my 9 years playing as one.

Edit: I didn't mean to come across as arrogant against ya, but man, everytime somebody puts DK's down without knowing the full picture, it just annoys me. Rest of what I said holds true.
    Feel free to tell me how can I get good dps on a blood dk outside of getting a dps corruption (so far only got the stat increase ones). I'm seriously on the verge of giving up on this character, it feels sluggish and a shadow of its former self when compared to how it was in legion. Ok, it's an alt so I won't have every trinket, essence and azerite trait combo ready, and so far 0 luck on trying to get weapon from Maut, but if I'm overlooking something "easy" to fix I would give it a try.

I would enjoy doing them more if I didn't have to farm 10k coalescing vision for each attempt and lose my vessel horrific visions if I die.

I only play solo, as I'm back in WoW only for a month or two and most of the people/guildies I played with don't play WoW anymore or are playing Classic. So just getting knocked into a group of enemies by the damn imaginary fires debuff at the wrong moment, e.g., when I was just about to refresh my sanity, just sucks.

On the one hand you have to take your time and play very consciously because you have to manage your health as well as your sanity, on the other hand you have to rush because your sanity is steadily dropping. Not loving that design.

Currently playing them as my demon hunter, maybe I'll enjoy them more when I've levelled my Blood DK. But for now, just doing them to level my cloak for the corruption resistance etc. and trying to get into corrupted areas as well as killing the boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Feel free to tell me how can I get good dps on a blood dk outside of getting a dps corruption (so far only got the stat increase ones). I'm seriously on the verge of giving up on this character, it feels sluggish and a shadow of its former self when compared to how it was in legion. Ok, it's an alt so I won't have every trinket, essence and azerite trait combo ready, and so far 0 luck on trying to get weapon from Maut, but if I'm overlooking something "easy" to fix I would give it a try.
    First off, this talent setup worked well for me:
    https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...ght/blood/cJJc

Blooddrinker - over heartbreaker because of the ST dmg on elites and minibosses. Besides, we don't really need the extra RP from heartbreaker because we don't need much healing while in there.

Anti Magic Barrier - i took this over WoTN simply because it allowed me to ignore my corruption eyeball and the mob spells and just stand and dps much more often.

Tightening grasp - i took this over wraith walk because you'd mount while pulling stuff anyway, so I wanted the reduced cd on the mass for quick stacking and aoe melting mobs down in each wing.

I went with ~24% crit, 24% haste and the rest mostly in vers.

First thing's first, get a haste proc trinket, or/and an on-use damage ability trinket. Either the cyclotronic blast mechagon card or Merektha's fang from temple work really well if you don't have access to similar raid trinkets. Get a proper 440+ weapon either from emissaries or by hunting for one in low m+ keys.

Stack the Bloody Runeblade trait, and at least 1 of hasty runeblade or w/e it's called(the one that gives you haste on crimson scourge procs) trait, and any other passive damage ones.

Basic point being, you won't have to run anything defensive while in horrific visions as blood. Go as offensive as you can. You only start taking noticeable damage if you apply a mask or more, but not in a regular vision.

Save DnD for big pulls (don't use on elites/miniboss unless a free proc), spam blood boils before death strikes for more dmg on them, etc.
    If you're not confident you'll use blooddrinker on cd, go with Heartbreaker instead, but blooddrinker is definitely preferable.

I assume you're at least 440 ilv? If not, you're slacking hard. Time to get your butt into low m+ keys or do world quests and world bosses.

I just have no earthly idea how I would ever get 100 000 mementos for the mount. Well...maybe I get the backpack, as that is "only" 5000.

Hm..okay...what are these 3 levels? I am not even sure if they will balance it better. Could be they say "Hey it is like mythic+ with different weekly affixes and no matter what party goes in, you have to suck it up". So some weeks you just fail...kinda like SW is to me a lot worse than SW.

But yeah..in mythic+ you can at least somewhat offset this with the classes you take.
    DPS(baseline), tank(-25%) and healer(-40%).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Ion said in an interview that one of the things Retail should learn from Classic is "the pacing". So why do they still think this ADHD gogogo solo content they call Horrific Visions is OK in 8.3? Did they learn anything from Classic? I agree with you 100%.
    I acutally like the timed content. Classic is an entirely different game from live so I don't think they should try to mold live into a more classic ish game. I love doing the competetive stuff and I know theres loads of ppl who do aswell.

Ah, ok...thanks. Has that been a tuning in a weekly hotfix or was that always intended and in game?
    It was always there, they just increased it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Visions are ok I guess.

Once I get the backpack xmog I wont touch them again, wont even bother farming the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by nonentity View Post
    I would enjoy doing them more if I didn't have to farm 10k coalescing vision for each attempt and lose my vessel horrific visions if I die.

I only play solo, as I'm back in WoW only for a month or two and most of the people/guildies I played with don't play WoW anymore or are playing Classic. So just getting knocked into a group of enemies by the damn imaginary fires debuff at the wrong moment, e.g., when I was just about to refresh my sanity, just sucks.

On the one hand you have to take your time and play very consciously because you have to manage your health as well as your sanity, on the other hand you have to rush because your sanity is steadily dropping. Not loving that design.

Currently playing them as my demon hunter, maybe I'll enjoy them more when I've levelled my Blood DK. But for now, just doing them to level my cloak for the corruption resistance etc. and trying to get into corrupted areas as well as killing the boss.
    You're playing the best class for them already.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Interesting. In the game I play, world quests cap at 415 (430 from dungeon wqs), and visions START at 420, going all the way up to 470. Unless you're talking emissaries, not world quests, then ok.

And yes, I know that you can't really get 470 from them yet, without higher cloak ranks and more research, but give it two weeks (or actually just one week, since it's already tuesday). You will have 65% sanity drain resistance, compared to current 45%. It may still be not enough for some classes, true, but others will definitely be capable of doing 4 masks, and maaaybe 5 as well, though 5th mask is absolutely brutal, and might require full cloak (80% sanity drain resistance). There are already plenty of 3 masks clears, some with pretty suboptmial classes (enh sham), so, with practice, cloak ranks, and tech tree, I do believe even Shadows will be able to do a solo full clear. Later than others, yes, but they will be able to do it.

And as for rewards, aside from gear, you can get items to put socket in your gear. Sockets are pretty fucking powerful. So really, I don't see a problem with rewards here.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Interesting. In the game I play, world quests cap at 415 (430 from dungeon wqs), and visions START at 420, going all the way up to 470. Unless you're talking emissaries, not world quests, then ok.

And yes, I know that you can't really get 470 from them yet, without higher cloak ranks and more research, but give it two weeks (or actually just one week, since it's already tuesday). You will have 65% sanity drain resistance, compared to current 45%. It may still be not enough for some classes, true, but others will definitely be capable of doing 4 masks, and maaaybe 5 as well, though 5th mask is absolutely brutal, and might require full cloak (80% sanity drain resistance). There are already plenty of 3 masks clears, some with pretty suboptmial classes (enh sham), so, with practice, cloak ranks, and tech tree, I do believe even Shadows will be able to do a solo full clear. Later than others, yes, but they will be able to do it.

And as for rewards, aside from gear, you can get items to put socket in your gear. Sockets are pretty fucking powerful. So really, I don't see a problem with rewards here.
    Well, I don't know, but I seem to get 420 gear from WQs too. The emissaries give me 445 stuff, while I don't have the skill, knowledge, experience, gear, cloak or anti-corruption to get that from the horrific visions. I don't know how hard you have to farm mementos etc, but I usually just do the invasions, and perhaps a few world queues every week, so I don't get many tries. The new warfront HC gives me 460 gear without a sweat. I'm sure sockets are nice, but when will that be something that a casual player can get their hands on? Perhaps later this year, near the Shadowlands launch? Seems like a lot of wasted effort unless you, as I said, enjoy the challenge.
    Mother pus bucket!

3+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy them. They're meant to be hard. Blizzard doesn't always hand players stuff on a silver platter

If you can't solo them then use the main mechanic of a MMO and play with others... Don't wanna play with others? then you've got yourself to blame!