Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    lol. you REALLY think Ion is still playing THIS game ?

muhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. had a good laugh, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

Raiding yeah, why do you think we get Mythic nerfs. Its because he's stuck on those bosses. Everything else he just mails to himself..

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...anis/gurgthock

Thats him. Look at his neck level

The coolest Goblin in game is named after him. He is gonna turtlely hurt you.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Which is all good and well, except certain rewards are only available for solo play. Which kinda sucks if you aren't one of THE classes for visions and hopefully won't be the case for Torghast. Demon Hunter dominance in solo content like this is crazy and it's not like they suffer in group, either.
    To be fair, in a few weeks it really wont matter which class you are. Sure, hunters are soloing 5 masks now, but we are going to have like 3 times more sanity plus more dps. It's going to be trivial imo. And it's something everyone who cares will keep doing like 4-5 times a week for the sockets.

And yes, DHs are stupid since they were introduced, a redesign is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Even a unique recolor of the Mythic Nya'lotha set would be carrot enough.
    That was such a simple solution and I don't get how they never thought of that. Make the 470 items dropped from 5 Mask runs be a Mythic recolor and it would have given collectors a reason to grind this for much longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    To be fair, in a few weeks it really wont matter which class you are. Sure, hunters are soloing 5 masks now, but we are going to have like 3 times more sanity plus more dps. It's going to be trivial imo. And it's something everyone who cares will keep doing like 4-5 times a week for the sockets.

And yes, DHs are stupid since they were introduced, a redesign is long overdue.
    Yeah a lot of people are already doing 3-4 Mask runs already without a DH. I did a 3 Mask run on my 447 ret paladin with poor corruptions. Decent players will be able to do 5 Mask runs with 80% Sanity Resistance with reasonable success.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Im not a big fan.

There's a decent chance I'll stop once I get the rank 12 proc.

I like the idea of having a way to progress solo but I don't like the execution. Partly it because the cloak upgrade demands multiple runs, and after running the same thing for the 2nd or 3rd time in a week I feel a little bored. There's almost no variation between runs so doing it for the 3rd or 4th time a week is just tiresome.

And I dislike timers. And I find the mechanics infuriating. Yes, the debuffs are manageable but that doesn't mean I like them. It just falls on the wrong side of fun Vs infuriating for me.

But hey, I know some people who love them. But I'm not one of them.

To me it's kind of like the Withered Scenario was in Legion - fun if you're the right class/spec, but utterly infuriating if you're the wrong one.

World of Meleecraft has really become obnoxious for me, I just don't enjoy all the punishment casters experience in anything but raids. It's like every single mechanic in HVs is designed to piss them off doubly. I just don't do solo HVs on my mage anymore, while my DH just walks in and casually 5-chests it solo with an Orb to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Thanks, I expected as much, that puddles and extra add ones are 2 easiest, not sure about the next, I assumed double madness is easier than 400% sanity damage, so that aligns with your order too?

The half sanity one is the last as expected.

How do you use kebab foods, spam on cd or only use in low sanity drain areas?
    The double madness/400% sanity damage will highly depend on the madnesses available during the week, and on your class - someone without interrupts, or with a very long cd, will probably prefer the double madness, while someone with short interrupt cd might prefer the 400% sanity. Especially on Rexar, some of my classes struggle A LOT, while classes with aoe stun (DH, shaman) or aoe interrupt (oomkin) deal with him without any issues. Also double madness can get some really nasty combos, like last week in SW, with leaden foot/split personality. Personally I tried both combos so far, and found the 400% sanity easier on most of my characters, however any mistakes are much more punishing, while with double madness mistakes are less punishing, but it's definitely easier to make a mistake.

As for k'bab, in Org it's probably best to use it after every single totem, when you're back in tainted area, and in SW you can use it when switching from zone to zone, since the Canals are part of the tainted area, so it's low sanity drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah a lot of people are already doing 3-4 Mask runs already without a DH. I did a 3 Mask run on my 447 ret paladin with poor corruptions. Decent players will be able to do 5 Mask runs with 80% Sanity Resistance with reasonable success.
    Decent players are already doing 5 masks, even on characters like a mage :P Granted, those are 465+ people, but with 80% sanity resistance, even bad, very bad players will be able to do 5 mask full clears.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Decent players are already doing 5 masks, even on characters like a mage :P Granted, those are 465+ people, but with 80% sanity resistance, even bad, very bad players will be able to do 5 mask full clears.
    You really have little idea what bad players are like, do you? Bad players will struggle completing more than 2 mask runs until the end of time because they cannot handle double madness or daredevil.

Can't be bothered doing them 4 times next reset just to get rank 11. Then again, my sub runs out on wednesday and I won't miss them at all.

You really have little idea what bad players are like, do you? Bad players will struggle completing more than 2 mask runs until the end of time because they cannot handle double madness or daredevil.
    Well...I guess it does depend how we define bad. For me a bad player still has SOME idea about what he's doing. The kind of "bad" that you're talking about, for me would classify as "braindead", and yes, agreed, those will struggle no matter the cloak level

I AM enjoying them. I'm a prot paladin and I do it in a group of 2 with a dps.
    I actually want to do more, but I assume having limited tries is why it's still fun.
    However, I'm running into "friend" issues. For example, healer friends wanting me to run with them (healer/tank combo... ehh...). Other dps that are behind in the tree wanting to run with us. Stuff like that.

Well...I guess it does depend how we define bad. For me a bad player still has SOME idea about what he's doing. The kind of "bad" that you're talking about, for me would classify as "braindead", and yes, agreed, those will struggle no matter the cloak level
    Look, that kind of bad player I am talking about may easily clear normal, get carried through a heroic raid by being a fun person to have around and probably can do M+10. So you know, the significant majority of players in the game fall in that category.

I think people who don't enjoy them do them solo. Like most MMO content, with a group of friends (or even just one) - they're fun. Solo, not so much.

Look, that kind of bad player I am talking about may easily clear normal, get carried through a heroic raid by being a fun person to have around and probably can do M+10. So you know, the significant majority of players in the game fall in that category.
    Well, then we disagree, person capable of anything more than LFR, will easily do 5 masks at max cloak rank. Well, at least with a melee, since casters need a different skillset in group content than in solo content. Say, most mages I see out in the world are absolutely incapable of standing still whenever a mob attacks them, doesn't matter that they're at full hp, and mob is about to die, they still feel the need to kite for whatever reason. These ppl might be fine in group content, where there are tanks to keep agrro of them, but in solo visions...they won't get far, yes. But a melee that clears normal/M+10 will do 5 masks with max cloak, no doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I think people who don't enjoy them do them solo. Like most MMO content, with a group of friends (or even just one) - they're fun. Solo, not so much.
    Don't think that's it. My take so far has been that people who just go for cloak upgrades don't enjoy them, since there's absolutely no challenge involved in getting cloak upgrades. The people who enjoy them are the people who try to challenge themselves, and go as far as they can.

As a prot paladin with the right corruption trait, yes I enjoy it and its quite fun. And I do even better as a tank than with my elemental shaman of same ilvl. ~460. So that says how much I like it as a caster.. not at all.

But a melee that clears normal/M+10 will do 5 masks with max cloak, no doubt in my mind.
    And I think they'll end up chain CC'd by a Split Personality/Haunting Shadows combo while taking extra sanity damage from Daredevil and get stunned on Rexxar until they go insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    ??? You could outgear mage tower by 2 patches because it was introduced with TOS. My hunter just had m+ weekly chest gear (960 or what was it before the squish) and even though I had no idea how2survival I just deleted that challenge because of outgear. Alts that were only 910 / argunite gear of course you'd have to put some effort, but still when it was introduced some people did it with 870 (some were very legendary dependent though).

On a side note, thanks to Tojara and Sykretts for advice with blood dk, I finally managed to get weapon from Maut and literally went from not being able to full clear to being able to do 1 mask full clear, didn't try with more cuz it's just an alt, but at least the character feels much better. Not gonna lie, obsidian skin was top damage on the vision run breakdown.

Another difference is mage tower was binary, visions can be scaled by adding / removing masks. But in both cases gear and other stuff (leggos in legion, corruptions now) can change the difficulty from "very hard" to "very easy". Judging from this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-modes-to-solo There's definitely a gear floor you don't want to go below even on alts that "just want the cloak upgrade" or you'll suffer. Especially with alts, you'll see double difference because most people are both less geared and less experienced with an alt over their main.

Also btw does anyone have an order in which to add masks from easiest to hardest? I came to the point that I have more vials than I need "just for cloak upgrades" on my main so I can burn some spare on mask runs. I started from the "one that puts puddles behind you" thinking this would be the easiest one for solo (no other people to drop puddles on me).
    There’s 2 easy masks, and the puddles one is definitely the easiest. The worst is the 1/2 sanity. I haven’t gotten the other 2 because I decided to not push Stormwind last time it was up, but a monk in my guild said they are pretty easy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).
    Try being a mage, it is super easy mode. I don't think you realize by you can actually change specs inside the run. So you can pull a whole area of the trash as frost and aoe/kite down everything then swap spec to melt down a boss as fire or arcane and swap back to frost. You will pretty much have your CDs up the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There’s 2 easy masks, and the puddles one is definitely the easiest. The worst is the 1/2 sanity. I haven’t gotten the other 2 because I decided to not push Stormwind last time it was up, but a monk in my guild said they are pretty easy, too.
    Dark imagination is also fairly easy unless you fuck up with using an orb at the last second. Burned Bridge is indeed the easiest. Pained can be bad in lost areas, all of the combos have their problem and something like Leaden Foot & Haunting Shadows on Mage Tower just feels unfair. Daredevil is not really that big a deal; it just means that mistakes can really snowball. Longest Night is by far the worst.