Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ^^ thats why its called Skipwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    I do them both solo and with a friend. If anything I find it more stressful with a friend if I fuck up it's going to have an adverse effect on more than just me.

Not to mention it becomes awkward of you have different cloaks or even different research. I don't have the top tier research just yet and my friend does, so our sanity is not synced. Just feel like a burden.
    Well, yes. If you're behind, it's nasty. But if both of you had started at the same time, it wouldn't be an issue.
    The point with fucking up is:
    - if you do it solo, you're done, nothing you can do
    - if you do it with a friend, they can still save the day
    I don't know, maybe nowadays friend is used for something else - I tend to call friends those I'm comfortable with, that wouldn't stress me out and that are willing to do things together and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I've played Alliance since the game came out, and I still had no idea how to efficiently get to those portals Luckily, there's this little thing I like to call Youtube, where you can find pretty much everything you need.
    Same here. You have to go through some houses you had no reason to ever walk into. I had no idea you could walk through them.

Did 3 runs back to back with 1-2-3 masks. 450 gloves - 455 gloves - 460 gloves At least i got a Monthy Python killer hare pet and a weapon illusion, could be worse.

Now i have to gather 8 pages of this shit, so at least two full clears and i dont have last tech upgrade yet =(
    fml.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

No I really hate them, they are boring, repetitive, uninspiring and freaking waste of time! I rather go around picking herbs but I HAVE to do these stupid Visions to keep my cloak (another item I never asked for or wanted to maintain like a retarded Tamagotchi) up to speed as it's kinda needed when we raid for the ilev and corruption boost.

Also while at it, these imbalanced Corruptions can f**k off, worst shit implemented since Garrisons. I really dislike the idea that you get a 40 ilev upgrade to drop but heeey, cant use it as it's like freaking 20% worse due to shitty/no corruption compared to what you had already. Yay stupid game design!

They're a means to an end. That end, of course, being the legendary cloak.

But to answer the original question: no, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You cannot get more than two pages per run. You will need four runs where you clear any two corrupted or lost areas.
    ah fuck, i thought hard areas also gave pages =(
    fuck farming 40k coalescent.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    They do.

Every single area (well, besides the tainted one with thrall/alleria) gives pages right now. However, there's a cap of 2 pages per run, no matter what zones you do, or how many of them. You can do 1 corrupted+1 lost. You can do 2x corrupted. You can do 2x lost. Doesn't matter - you will still get your pages. As far as cloak upgrades are concerned, you don't need to do any more than 2 zones right now, as it won't give you any more pages. You still should aim to do as much as you can obviously, for mementos.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    They do, all of them, but only gives 2 pages per run, even if you decide doing the whole vision, you won't get 4 pages. So you need to essentially run this week 4 times at minimum, to get 8 pages. And you can do this week, for rank 11, just corrupted areas and no lost area.

The thing with the lost areas and completing as much as possible, is to get higher gear rewards, masks and mementos.

• After a certain rank you'll need to do lost areas. I don't remember which, but i think it's 13 rank

I like them I just don't understand how people are clearing them with masks and such. I can barely manage doing one bonus lol.

I guess I gotta git gud

no longer enjoying them
    as I need 4 runs to upgrade cloak, it's already boring
    I tried to spice up runs with masks and failed one of 4 runs and had to do one more...

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Hey man, Im so glad to read you enjoy it you really livened up my day. Pity you also had to spread some toxicity on the side saying that somehow a solo content with no effect to anyone "weeds out" players who you wouldn't play with anyway.

Mind you, a complete and utter crap player can be boosted through this oh so "difficult" content for a few thousand gold that they can purchase in the AH. Hardly a weed out...

I honestly think you should try to improve yourself instead of worrying what others do. And keep it to yourself while at it helps a lot in improving oneself
    Guess the guy really got under your skin, huh? Not like he was wrong, but hey. As long as you feel better.

Also, sure, you can get boosted even through 5 masks. That's where the 5 masks SOLO achiev comes in. Can't get boosted through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its very easy. Be a dk or a rogue. Be mythic raid geared. Watch some videos. Profit.
    Yeah, far from it. Only 2 of my characters (rog and sham) are somewhat geared, the rest haven't set foot in any kind of group content in a long, long time, they are in the 440-445 range from emissaries and visions, and all are already clearing 3-4 masks, with exception of warlock. If you actually know what you're doing there's zero need for mythic gear, or being an OP class. Especially after you're done with this week's upgrade, and get the 65% sanity drain reduction.

Sadly, most people can't even do the bare minimum of preparation, and would rather whine on the forums.

Oh, and haven't noticed before - if you're parroting things you've read on the internet, at least make sure to parrot them correctly. It's DH that's OP, not DK
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2020-02-19 at 02:57 PM.

So, since it's 3rd time now that Laden Foot is in SW Lost areas, I'm 100% sure Umbric was designed with Laden Foot handicap.

I like all of the visions except Umbric fight. It's taking more than other bosses, even more than Alleria with 4 areas and a mask (which means +65% hp). You cant cheese it at all because the teleport is instant the moment you cross the hp treshold. It's a very bad design because it doesn't matter how good gear you have, the fight will still have taken the same time.

I would be willing to try full clear with 2 masks, but I cant right now because you need to be full sanity for Umbric and use an orb after killing him.

I honestly have no idea why they made such a huge gap between Orgri and SW. Orgri is just a faceroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, far from it. Only 2 of my characters (rog and sham) are somewhat geared, the rest haven't set foot in any kind of group content in a long, long time, they are in the 440-445 range from emissaries and visions, and all are already clearing 3-4 masks, with exception of warlock.
    Unless you can prove it somehow, I call bullshit. As balance druid with 460 ilev and rank 10 cloak I was able to full clear SW with 1 mask (burned bridge) but it was pretty close, with approaching Alleria with ~75% sanity and no orbs (cause fuck Umbric). MAYBE you'd be able to do that in Org, but no way SW. Ilev actually matters when using masks, and there's simply no way you'd be able to do it in time with -50% max sanity mask.

Unless you talk only Thrall/Alleria.

I've had a good time with them as a DH, Rogue, and Warlock. It's the kind of system where I'm getting better at them as a player and my character is innately becoming better at them with cloak upgrades and the skill tree level ups so there is a nice balance of mastery and character progression. I did my first 5 mask clear in Org last week and ran 4x4 mask runs this week for the cloak upgrade. There are a ton of optimizations and tricks that can be learned that made pushing 5 masks enjoyable for me personally. The only issue I have is the mage boss's difficulty being disproportionately higher than almost everything else while also being very difficult to pull with a Gift buff since it's so far away from everything. Probably not going to try 5 mask in SW until the next rotation.

There is also a very real imbalance between classes at the high end. I did a lot of research on 5 mask clears before giving it a shot and 50% of the videos out there are BM hunters. The rest I found were nearly all melee, including outlaw, assassination, fury, unholy, frost, ret, and feral (interesting that there weren't any havoc videos from what I could find at the time). I found a single caster 5 mask clear on a fire mage which made a lot of sense with their kit, but nothing for any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So, since it's 3rd time now that Laden Foot is in SW Lost areas, I'm 100% sure Umbric was designed with Laden Foot handicap.

I like all of the visions except Umbric fight. It's taking more than other bosses, even more than Alleria with 4 areas and a mask (which means +65% hp). You cant cheese it at all because the teleport is instant the moment you cross the hp treshold. It's a very bad design because it doesn't matter how good gear you have, the fight will still have taken the same time.

I would be willing to try full clear with 2 masks, but I cant right now because you need to be full sanity for Umbric and use an orb after killing him.

I honestly have no idea why they made such a huge gap between Orgri and SW. Orgri is just a faceroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you can prove it somehow, I call bullshit. As balance druid with 460 ilev and rank 10 cloak I was able to full clear SW with 1 mask (burned bridge) but it was pretty close, with approaching Alleria with ~75% sanity and no orbs (cause fuck Umbric). MAYBE you'd be able to do that in Org, but no way SW. Ilev actually matters when using masks, and there's simply no way you'd be able to do it in time with -50% max sanity mask.

Unless you talk only Thrall/Alleria.
    So, from the end - I'm talking full clears, with masks. And yes, there's no way to do much with -50% max sanity mask, as that one is the hardest, and should only be used for unlocking any other mask, and then leave it alone till you're ready for 5 masks. And yes, I was talking Org, since SW has only been up for EU for like 8 hours, and the previous time it was up gear was worse, research tree was behind, so not much room for pushing. This week though I'm definitely going for at least 3 masks, maybe 4 on some better classes, and am planning to attempt 5 masks on sham and rog.

And as a 460 moonkin, if you're doing 1 mask in org and it's "close"...then you're either pulling too small, are behind on titanic research, don't use potions inside the vision, don't use visions food, or...I don't know. My moonkin is 18 ilvls below you and can do 2 masks (burned bridge and dark imagination) comfortably, 3 masks (additional madnesses) so far have been hit or miss, I did it just fine on the first try, but second one ended up badly, since I did too many stupid mistakes

As for Umbric, and everyone's beloved madness - don't wait for teleport. Get him out of his "shroud" or whatever, and immediately start backing towards the middle of the room. You will have much shorter distance to run once he teleports. It might be somewhat difficult on moonkin with long cd on interrupt, as you will lose some sanity from his casts, but you should be immune to polymorph? plus you have a lot of instants and DoTs, so that makes it much easier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    [*]After a certain rank you'll need to do lost areas. I don't remember which, but i think it's 13 rank
    It's rank 12, but it's only one Lost zone and you'll have 65% sanity loss reduction from rank 11, so it should be pretty easy. After all, you don't even need the final boss, just the zone itself - plus it will be Orgimmar, so just grab Valley of Wisdom with its' three easy elites, instead of Rexxar who is a bit more challenging.

They do.

Every single area (well, besides the tainted one with thrall/alleria) gives pages right now. However, there's a cap of 2 pages per run, no matter what zones you do, or how many of them. You can do 1 corrupted+1 lost. You can do 2x corrupted. You can do 2x lost. Doesn't matter - you will still get your pages. As far as cloak upgrades are concerned, you don't need to do any more than 2 zones right now, as it won't give you any more pages. You still should aim to do as much as you can obviously, for mementos.
    This is false. I did both corrupted and lost areas last night 4 times in a row. I only got 2 pages each run. I swear like 3 weeks ago I did get a bonus page from a lost area. I'm curious to whether this got ninja nerfed.

So next week we have to start doing required lost areas. I've been lazy as hell and only done the bare min to get pages, is there a optimized route I should take through Org?

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    It was so good untill your started with mage tower
    2 shotted that garbage content on my balance druid lolzzz. And that was my offspeccc
    Not on day one. Or month.

I also one-shot it on Fire Mage, Feral.

But healer challenges? Or as a Shadow Priest Outlaw Rogue? No way.