Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Like a lot of BfA, I'm sort of so-so about them. I enjoy them well enough when I'm doing them but they are not so compelling that I log on to the game with doing them as a priority. For comparison there were many nights when I logged into Legion specifically to do the Mage Tower. This is nothing even close to that.

I'm not in the camp that constantly bellows about BfA being the worst expansion ever. I think it's a middling expansion, neither completely terrible nor really good. Maybe a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 or a C- on an A-F scale. And that pretty much describes what I think of horrific visions.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).
    Ranged finally having to do some work? It's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like a lot of BfA, I'm sort of so-so about them. I enjoy them well enough when I'm doing them but they are not so compelling that I log on to the game with doing them as a priority. For comparison there were many nights when I logged into Legion specifically to do the Mage Tower. This is nothing even close to that.

I'm not in the camp that constantly bellows about BfA being the worst expansion ever. I think it's a middling expansion, neither completely terrible nor really good. Maybe a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 or a C- on an A-F scale. And that pretty much describes what I think of horrific visions.
    This. I was the opposite regarding mage tower though. I personally dont care about tmogs at all, so if I wanted to spend a bit of time doing it, cool. But once I beat it, I didnt bother ever going back.

The major difference between visions and mage tower is replayability. With mage tower, once you beat it with all your specs, there was no reason to ever run it again on that toon.

No one is forced to run visions. But if you do, you are always working towards at least one reward, be it cloak upgrades or just farming memento for the sockets. If we were allowed to run more than 5 (or 6 if you play alliance), I would gladly do it just for the challenge of the increasing difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

Is the joke that a havoc DH is also a healer and a tank so the "3 man" is actually you soloing them?

You absolutely do not need a healer and tank as a DH.
    No but those two guys are my friends and those are the only specs they play. Plus the content is more enjoyable with friends or I would have quit ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    And what does that have to do with cloak upgrades exactly?
    Reread what you said specifically.
    I did double check, you just said there's no requirement to full clear. And that there's no bonus to do so.

The person you first made this claim against said nothing about upgrading the cloak, you just assumed that's what they meant.

So I'm pointed out there very much is a reason to full clear.

I have been really enjoying them as resto kitty. It’s nice to have some challenging content that can be done solo. What I don’t like, as others have mentioned, is how there is such a limit on attempts. I understand having unlimited attempts devaluates the content but the way it is now a player is not encouraged to learn how to do the content on their own. I like the idea of going in a bit blind and learning for myself the pulls and how to deal with elites. But, because our attempts are so limited and upgrades so important I don’t risk failure and instead find myself going through guides to help insure success.