Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
50
... LastLast
  1. #781
    Would love to use the Vessels for Masks runs but have to farm 6-7 per week to carry our guild noobs and healer through it.
    Doing 5 Chest runs with 2 healer and 2 DDs that dosnt even do the dmg the tank does is not so easy.

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by woodnf1 View Post
    This is the first time I stopped staying current in the game. The daily grind and horrific visions just don't interest me. BFA is the worst expansion for me.
    I mean, its no different than grinding Argus dailies really. And then on top of typical grind you have additional content, which you unlock by grinding something that you would grind anyway. I can't recall 7.3 having anything else to do besides WQ grind.

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    A question. Did you notice a big difference between 4 and 5 mask? I guess the last mask was the Long Night.

    After doing 4x 3 mask orgri clears this week (burned bridge, pained, dark imagination) with semi ease, I decided to try 4 mask it (daredevil). Honestly I didn't notice any difference, I even cleared it faster than my fastest 3 mask run somehow (probably well placed sanity potions and good gift of the titans procs).

    Long Night though... I think it's such a huge increase of difficulty from 4 to 5 masks, it's not linear at all. For my 4 mask run, I was able to approach Rexxar with half sanity and 2 orbs, used an orb before engaging, nuked him, then waited in front of Thrall until my cd's recovered, used orb and nuked him. I didn't use the +500 sanity save. (speaking as balance druid). Doesn't -50% sanity on top of already +25% dmg and hp make it over twice as difficult?



    I'm actually wondering if I'll even be able to do SW with 4 masks lol. Umbric is a bitch, and with Laeden Feet + additional madness it will be hella difficult.

    Anyway, I'm going to do one more 4 mask orgri this reset and I'll have the technology (full research tree)
    There is little to no RNG involved in Gift of the Titans proccing. It has a close to 100% proc rate once it is off ICD, which is roughly 1:20-1:30, i.e You will ALWAYS proc Gift on your first mob kill about a minute after your previous one expired. If you do the same run with the same route you will know exactly at what packs you will proc gift every single run.

    For your 5 mask runs, make sure you always identify what potions are +Sanity & Fire Breath instantly and then just get those effects ASAP. Make good use of K'bab and always use Baked Voidfin. Look for good places to use Bloodlust and never forget to use potions, flasks & scrolls. I was surprised to find that there was VERY little difference in 4 and 5 masks, the only thing that differed was that I was unable to wait for cooldowns as much as I was doing in 4 masks.

    As for 5 masking Stormwind, just save movement speed increases and make use of the Draenic Living Action potion in that zone and you're fine. However, as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot, and for Umbric just use your treants on one of his teleports to instantly stop the untargetable phase.

    Also, do NOT forget to ALWAYS pick up the % VERS/HP/DMG/CRIT/HASTE buffs early on as they are massively helpful. If you don't know what I mean with those buffs or how to identify what potions are good or bad then you should do a quick google search first and you'll find your future runs much easier.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AWildmann View Post
    My current situation as well. I tried 3 times already and I think the main factor for me is fucking up at a bad time. The last boss before going into Misha is one that gave me trouble because I kept being tossed around with the fire effect, couldn't focus damage, since I had to keep moving while being destruction, and a freaking figment spawned as I was fighting.

    So, yeah. I think at this point what I need is more practice and focus. Gear sure helps a bit, but not as much as one would think. I guess I might also switch to affliction on these problematic bosses.
    Stand still inside the bosses hitbox and he can not hit you with the Void Barrage.

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by AWildmann View Post
    My current situation as well. I tried 3 times already and I think the main factor for me is fucking up at a bad time. The last boss before going into Misha is one that gave me trouble because I kept being tossed around with the fire effect, couldn't focus damage, since I had to keep moving while being destruction, and a freaking figment spawned as I was fighting.

    So, yeah. I think at this point what I need is more practice and focus. Gear sure helps a bit, but not as much as one would think. I guess I might also switch to affliction on these problematic bosses.
    There is a big tree stump to the right, you can LoS missles there easily.

  5. #785
    Another chore in this game already filled with chores, because the incompetent devs don't know how to keep players in the game with actually fun content instead of grinds of various types.

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    There is little to no RNG involved in Gift of the Titans proccing. It has a close to 100% proc rate once it is off ICD, which is roughly 1:20-1:30, i.e You will ALWAYS proc Gift on your first mob kill about a minute after your previous one expired. If you do the same run with the same route you will know exactly at what packs you will proc gift every single run.

    For your 5 mask runs, make sure you always identify what potions are +Sanity & Fire Breath instantly and then just get those effects ASAP. Make good use of K'bab and always use Baked Voidfin. Look for good places to use Bloodlust and never forget to use potions, flasks & scrolls. I was surprised to find that there was VERY little difference in 4 and 5 masks, the only thing that differed was that I was unable to wait for cooldowns as much as I was doing in 4 masks.

    As for 5 masking Stormwind, just save movement speed increases and make use of the Draenic Living Action potion in that zone and you're fine. However, as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot, and for Umbric just use your treants on one of his teleports to instantly stop the untargetable phase.

    Also, do NOT forget to ALWAYS pick up the % VERS/HP/DMG/CRIT/HASTE buffs early on as they are massively helpful. If you don't know what I mean with those buffs or how to identify what potions are good or bad then you should do a quick google search first and you'll find your future runs much easier.
    These are some great tips! Thanks!

    I actually had no idea about the Gift of the Titans thing. Guess I'll have to set up weak auras for that, could be useful while planning the pulls.

    For the potions, yeah, I always rush to bodyguards then straight to the body to see which potion is -sanity, then I drink all the rest.

    I'm eating K'bab when in the main boss zone, but sometimes when I know I wont be able to utilize gift, I just eat K'bab during that time too for free sanity. But besides that and a haste food / int flask, I didnt min max. Guess I'll have to buy some consumables lol.

    I'm just wondering what do you mean by "as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot"? I'm not immune to the debuff and shapeshifting doesnt remove stacks. If you talk about mini disengage from talents, think I'd rather have the extra survability from instant heal. The treants tip though, never thought about that! Am I able to switch talents inside the vision (through the item)?

    As for the buffs, yeah I'm aware of them, the only issue is the one in dwarven district where you have to move through the mines, tried to do this the first time I was doing SW, but I was constantly thrown away a few times then I just gave up...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Another chore in this game already filled with chores, because the incompetent devs don't know how to keep players in the game with actually fun content instead of grinds of various types.
    Interesting. So, for me personally, it IS a fun content and it keeps me in the game. So what makes YOUR opinion more important than mine? Why something has no right to be there just because YOU don't like it, despite other people liking it? I'm curious to see.

  7. #787
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Interesting. So, for me personally, it IS a fun content and it keeps me in the game. So what makes YOUR opinion more important than mine? Why something has no right to be there just because YOU don't like it, despite other people liking it? I'm curious to see.
    Some people think pet battles are the bee's knees.

  8. #788
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You don't need to complete the medium areas to get to hard. If you start out org by going left up the stairs and then continue past the elite you'll want to kill anyways for refreshed sanity you'll be straight at entrance to the hard area.
    I know that's why I said about Rexxar, and even that one you mention is part of medium zone. Also not every alt will have elite extermination. For mains ofc this isn't a concern because they're already doing full clear, for my main +2 mask is basically as easy now as 0 mask was 2 weeks ago.

  9. #789
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,218
    Not particularly. I basically have to make sure the entire time that I'm doing them will be uninterrupted and then go through the exact same route I've been doing for several runs over and over again until I have my cloak items/the corrupted mementos I need.

  10. #790
    I have enough vessels now to get my cloak to rank 15 (from 12). I am happy I am done doing assaults now at least.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

  11. #791
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I have enough vessels now to get my cloak to rank 15 (from 12). I am happy I am done doing assaults now at least.
    must suck to play a game you hate

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I stopped doing them, especially stormwind. Boring as fuck and I really hate timed content like this . Hate fighting against the clock content .
    This is why I never got into Mythic+. More power to people who do enjoy it but beat the clock go-go-go of +, Islands, now Visions and I assume the Torghast tower in Shadowlands is not appealing to me.

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    must suck to play a game you hate
    Imagine enjoying grinding world quests and dailies... people only do them because stuff that's actually interesting and fun is gated behind them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    This is why I never got into Mythic+. More power to people who do enjoy it but beat the clock go-go-go of +, Islands, now Visions and I assume the Torghast tower in Shadowlands is not appealing to me.
    Torghast at Blizzcon review was said to not be time restricted and more exploration oriented. I hope they deliver on it.

  14. #794
    Epic! Ryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A place, with stuff
    Posts
    1,585
    I unlocked the final "talent" I suppose of the sanity thing near the entrance to the visions and it cheeses it so much. I don't have to use the sanity restoration orbs unless I sport masks. Next week I'll have the rest of the masks and can try a 5-mask run then.

    As far as how they feel? They are okay. Not amazing but not bad either. Spamming them back to back for weekly upgrades is kind of a chore though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

    Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Torghast at Blizzcon review was said to not be time restricted and more exploration oriented. I hope they deliver on it.
    Oh ok, well that's good to hear. Maybe I was thinking of the thing where while in the Maw you attract more and more attention to yourself by the Jailer until whatever happens I assume which is similar to the Sanity drain effect in the current Visions.

  16. #796
    Honestly, It's nothing compared to mage tower. 5 masked org and stormwind and i guess i'll wait for 15 to get my mount and never touch again. I was kinda hoping for advanced mage tower.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-02-28 at 10:42 PM.

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    These are some great tips! Thanks!

    I'm just wondering what do you mean by "as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot"? I'm not immune to the debuff and shapeshifting doesnt remove stacks. If you talk about mini disengage from talents, think I'd rather have the extra survability from instant heal. The treants tip though, never thought about that! Am I able to switch talents inside the vision (through the item)?

    As for the buffs, yeah I'm aware of them, the only issue is the one in dwarven district where you have to move through the mines, tried to do this the first time I was doing SW, but I was constantly thrown away a few times then I just gave up...
    If you play Iris major with resto affinity you should have enough survivability to be able to play disengage in the visions.
    As for you not struggling as a balance druid in there, you basically pre-position yourself in range to disengage to his first teleport on the right side, then you treants the 2nd teleport, and for the third one you are either already fairly well-positioned so that you can disengage into him again, or worst case you Dash and make it all the way to him in time.

    The trick for the damage buff in Dwarven is to just take it slow, once you get up the stairs you just jump on the handles and run straight in the room and then you intentionally TP yourself out on a mine once you have the buff. The downstairs room is extremely easy and there is no way to make it up the stairs besides running on the stairhandle. The only thing that can mess you up in there is not running slowly enough downstairs.

    There are some neat tricks you can use in Orgrimmar as well to make it much easier that aren't that well known. Let me know if you'd like some of them because it's a lot to write.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Honestly, It's nothing compared to mage tower. 5 masked org and stormwind and i guess i'll wait for 15 to get my mount and never touch again.
    Except you want to do it for sockets and once every week to gain 3 more corruption resistance on your cloak. 5 masking also gives you a 470 item that is very likely to corrupt.

  18. #798
    I hate them. It's so boring. Might be tolerable is combat was actually fun e.g.: Tera or Black Desert Online.

  19. #799
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    I hate them. It's so boring. Might be tolerable is combat was actually fun e.g.: Tera or Black Desert Online.
    If that's the kind of combat you want, you should have dropped WoW long ago. It's never going to play like that, not in Visions, not in any other kind of content.

  20. #800
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    must suck to play a game you hate
    Dont hate the game. Just hate time-gated crap content. I like to raid, mythic+, and pvp.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    If you play Iris major with resto affinity you should have enough survivability to be able to play disengage in the visions.
    As for you not struggling as a balance druid in there, you basically pre-position yourself in range to disengage to his first teleport on the right side, then you treants the 2nd teleport, and for the third one you are either already fairly well-positioned so that you can disengage into him again, or worst case you Dash and make it all the way to him in time.

    The trick for the damage buff in Dwarven is to just take it slow, once you get up the stairs you just jump on the handles and run straight in the room and then you intentionally TP yourself out on a mine once you have the buff. The downstairs room is extremely easy and there is no way to make it up the stairs besides running on the stairhandle. The only thing that can mess you up in there is not running slowly enough downstairs.

    There are some neat tricks you can use in Orgrimmar as well to make it much easier that aren't that well known. Let me know if you'd like some of them because it's a lot to write.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Except you want to do it for sockets and once every week to gain 3 more corruption resistance on your cloak. 5 masking also gives you a 470 item that is very likely to corrupt.
    Whats the point if you are already 470 ilvl and have completed the level of content you generally do? As someone who just does heroic raids and m+ up to 15 there is no reason for me to do masked runs. "For fun and challenge" doesn't do it for me when i already dislike the base version of them.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •