Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    NO, I dont enjoy any timed content, it goes against the very nature of mmorpg.

I dont like this rush, rush, rush culture where content hasto be digested faster and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Tiers can contain more than one raid, which is the case since forever. But there's always a main raid that represents said tier.

When anyone says tier 7 it's obviously Naxxaramas and all the other raids with it, but Naxx is the main one. Emerald Nightmare is just like Uldir, a raid inside a tier, which are represented by Nighthold and Dazar'alor respectively. Raid tiers are defined by big patch cycles, "x.1" "x.2" "x.3". That's why everyone says WoD only had 2 tiers, since it was only 6.1 and 6.2.

If every raid was a tier, nobody would say Tier 8 was Ulduar or Tier 13 Dragon Soul.
    jesus christ you're dumb to even mention 6.1
    the raid released quite some time before patch 6.1 hit

https://blizzardwatch.com/2015/02/03...-of-patch-6-1/

just be quiet, adults are speaking.

At first they feel hard because of the sanity reduction mechanic being an artificial timegate. And the research tree.

Now that I can clear 5 masks without breaking a sweat, the most difficult part comes from trying not to fall asleep while I spend 20/40/60/80/100 minutes monotonously facerolling them for sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    At first they feel hard because of the sanity reduction mechanic being an artificial timegate. And the research tree.

Now that I can clear 5 masks without breaking a sweat, the most difficult part comes from trying not to fall asleep while I spend 20/40/60/80/100 minutes monotonously facerolling them for sockets.
    I think the worst part is that it's always the same thing, on every run on every alt. It gets boring extremely fast. AND the fact we have to run it multiple times to get a single upgrade, I really don't understand what's the point of that.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2020-03-06 at 01:37 PM.

Now it's been clarified that the upgrade items post rank 15 require a full clear, I can conceivably do 1 run per week. Probably won't bother with masks though.

Once a week is fine. Not exactly enjoyable but it'll be something to do. Several times a week is just too dull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    AND the fact we have to run it multiple times to get a single upgrade, I really don't understand what's the point of that.
    It is just padding out the grind. After 15 you just need to do 1 full clear though, which isn't too bad. The 4 in a week rank was pretty torturous.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They certainly underscore it's a world of meleecraft.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

What the FUCK am i supposed to do with these fucking void keeper packs? I wasted 2 vessels dying to one of these packs this week. I simply dont have enough burst or cc to stop them chaining the debuff on me. Im honestly fucking pissed at this retarded part of the vision. Nothing comes close to being such a fucking class-viability check than this shit. Literally every single thing is made to piss you off.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2020-03-07 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    What the FUCK am i supposed to do with these fucking void keeper packs? I wasted 2 vessels dying to one of these packs this week. I simply dont have enough burst or cc to stop them chaining the debuff on me. Im honestly fucking pissed at this retarded part of the vision. Nothing comes close to being such a fucking class-viability check than this shit. Literally every single thing is made to piss you off.
    Huh is that the mobs that put shadow debuff on you? Mage quarter voidwalkers? Or different ones.

Do like 99% of the other players, just wait for Ogrimmar Vision and skip SW
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Huh is that the mobs that put shadow debuff on you? Mage quarter voidwalkers? Or different ones.
    Yah i think he was referring to Void elemental one that debuff you 300% shadow damage taken by seven secs. Kill the void or get rekt very fast if you chain pulled groups. Learnt it in hard way before.

No.

Sincerely,

A Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep. More specifically, the ones paired with a caster who Mind Flays. Those two packs near the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Yah i think he was referring to Void elemental one that debuff you 300% shadow damage taken by seven secs. Kill the void or get rekt very fast if you chain pulled groups. Learnt it in hard way before.
    Yep. It's just frustrating. It's not a matter of sanity, I just die from dmg. No CDs because I had to use them for the elite, my silence has 1 min cd and typhoon does basically nothing because mobs start casting again. At two stacks of debuff they outdamage me spamming heal with defensive cd... And waiting for cds or planning pulls around Gift of the Titans is impossible in mage quarter because of still high (despite current max cloak rank) sanity loss.

It feels really bad to fail the whole run to a trash pack, but wtf, no idea what can I do here. I mean, I know what I can do and I'm already on it - level a dh, but it's basically just for this because i prefer to do anything on my main...

EDIT: And just to add, im talking about 5 masks ofc.

Too hard as a healer so don't bother now I finally got my rank 12 cloak.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. It's just frustrating. It's not a matter of sanity, I just die from dmg. No CDs because I had to use them for the elite, my silence has 1 min cd and typhoon does basically nothing because mobs start casting again. At two stacks of debuff they outdamage me spamming heal with defensive cd... And waiting for cds or planning pulls around Gift of the Titans is impossible in mage quarter because of still high (despite current max cloak rank) sanity loss.

It feels really bad to fail the whole run to a trash pack, but wtf, no idea what can I do here. I mean, I know what I can do and I'm already on it - level a dh, but it's basically just for this because i prefer to do anything on my main...

You could try switching specs for dispel just for those 2 packs or go the other way until Gift comes back up? Trying to fight both of these without any cooldowns is pretty dangerous, other portals are much easier to deal with and the other elite is a total pushover. I made the same mistake before, that debuff is just nasty and the damage gets really brutal if you don't kill them off quickly, but they're out of the way so you can clear everything else and still have more than enough time.

Yep. More specifically, the ones paired with a caster who Mind Flays. Those two packs near the tower.

Can it be los-ed? Haven't tried 5 mask SW only did 4 mask and also on a tank class so damage taken isn't an issue unless I get gibbed by 2 things from beyond (happens because I'm trying to up my dps by putting more corruption). I only interrupt the fear which is on the mindflay guy not the voidwalker.

If you play boomie, is it possible to soal beam both? Or does it silence only 1 target.

Also I saw ppl use purification protocol major for extra stun, that should work on the voidwalker.

Wondering if migthy bash would help more than typhoon to lock a mob from casting for longer.

I kill everyone else before the voidwalker guys seeing as they are usually less tanky. The increased shadow damage isn't as much of a threat without other mobs taking advantage of it.

Other than that, I usually interrupt every other cast of the spell. But if that's not an option you could try to LoS it. They cast as soon as the first one is about to fall off so it should be easy.

Use trents. They are good at keeping mind flays away from you for a ~15 secs and you can kill one of them or void elem during this time. Or just root one of the casters and outrand him, fight them one at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Did a Mad World today, whomever designed Split Personality and Monstrocity can go fuck themselves. Wasted 3 vesseles until learned to time Gift's proc for this shit, breezed everything else. Did all as Destro without respecs, 464 ilvl T2 Devastation. Hint for Alleria: if you leave 2 blobs+2 fleshbeasts pack to the right of Cafedral entrance untill the end you can wait for Gift's CD, pull them to Alleria and cleave them during the fight to cheese it under Gift. She died in like 30 seconds while I burned whithout even moving, lol.
    Did a 4 mask ran afterwards, killed everything in the Vision, gathered all chests and odd cristals was easy af in comparison with 2 orbs remaining.

I've read the guide on one of the comments to Mad World on wowhead. While it looks extremely informative, I think it's a bit flawed. It's highly dependant on your dps and RNG, because sometimes your dps can be too low to get to the pack before elite on time and you trigger it on useless trash. And I've also had cases of the Gift not proccing on a pack kill at all (despite the theoreticall 1,5 min cd ending).

The person also suggests not using totems in Orgri because it causes dc... and now I'm more anxious, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, how do you guys deal with the tentacle adds? The ones that submerge and appear at your location? What I mean, with how often they do that, it takes pretty long to kill them, and sometimes my spells dont even deal dmg to them (for example tentacle appears, i cast starsurge, it hits but deals no dmg, meaning my astral power just went to waste).

They only burrow when there is noone in melee, so just run to one of them, wait for other one to burrow, get out of his swirly animation by circling the first one you're in melee of and position yourself so both of them can hit you. Or use Purification protocol as major essense, it stuns them and has a chance to instakill.

nah not really and the valeera zone is the most hard, speaking of her, what I wanna know is, if Valeera was drinking margaritas on the beach in Tanaris on a sunbed, catching the rays, would random people who live in Tanaris think she is Horde?