Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    They only burrow when there is noone in melee, so just run to one of them, wait for other one to burrow, get out of his swirly animation by circling the first one you're in melee of and position yourself so both of them can hit you. Or use Purification protocol as major essense, it stuns them and has a chance to instakill.
    Didn't know that, thanks! This should improve my future runs a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Leveling isn't the issue essences are
    idk. in 8.2.5 i got essences pretty quickly on my so-called main. now i had those, i leveled 7 toons to 120 on korrak's revenge. if i can spend the time to get 120 in korrak's, getting said essences isn't that difficult.

it's as if people want to main raid on all their toons. lets be realistic. those who do accomplish that, aren't complaining essences are the issues that are holding their alts back. honestly. now my main has those essences, i have all the time in the world to get them on my alts.

You can lay out the numbers to discredit my theory, or you can lay out the same exact numbers differently and prove me right. what, you farmed enough on your main you don't have to farm on it anymore, now you have nothing to do but wait for resets.

Essences aren't the issue if you ask me. It's realizing you don't have to be on your 'main' 24/7 that's the issue.

I don't want to main raid on my alts, I just want the "you have an open essence slot" notification to fuck off.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Didn't know that, thanks! This should improve my future runs a bit.
    It's somewhat misleading, because once they decide to burrow, getting into melee won't change their mind - so it might seem like they ignore it entirely. Especially annoying in zones with Leaden Foot, where getting into melee might be a pain and they just keep digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't want to main raid on my alts, I just want the "you have an open essence slot" notification to fuck off.
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/azeriteless
    Can't remember who recommended me this, but definitely using it on profession alts.

Thanks! Installing it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    With Heroic Mechagon and 8.3 you can get 3 essences easy. Which will be enough to take it away on any alt because that would be a total of 4 if you do heroic mechagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's somewhat misleading, because once they decide to burrow, getting into melee won't change their mind - so it might seem like they ignore it entirely. Especially annoying in zones with Leaden Foot, where getting into melee might be a pain and they just keep digging.
    They also don't seem to count pets. As I never seem to stop them from burrowing on my warlock. But maybe my pets are just registering after they decide.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    idk. in 8.2.5 i got essences pretty quickly on my so-called main. now i had those, i leveled 7 toons to 120 on korrak's revenge. if i can spend the time to get 120 in korrak's, getting said essences isn't that difficult.

it's as if people want to main raid on all their toons. lets be realistic. those who do accomplish that, aren't complaining essences are the issues that are holding their alts back. honestly. now my main has those essences, i have all the time in the world to get them on my alts.

You can lay out the numbers to discredit my theory, or you can lay out the same exact numbers differently and prove me right. what, you farmed enough on your main you don't have to farm on it anymore, now you have nothing to do but wait for resets.

Essences aren't the issue if you ask me. It's realizing you don't have to be on your 'main' 24/7 that's the issue.
    It takes a month I should know I've done nullification on all tanks. Thankfully the new essences don't matter for tanking so I don't feel forced to do the dailies but essences are awful game design especially if you are a bote class. I want to raid on my alts group content is the only reason to play this game. The single player content is basically non existent post legion there is no new mage tower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I want to raid on my alts group content is the only reason to play this game. The single player content is basically non existent post legion there is no new mage tower.
    You don't need rank 3 in order to raid though. Rank 1 is relatively easy to obtain for all essences and is good enough for normal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yep. More specifically, the ones paired with a caster who Mind Flays. Those two packs near the tower.

Yep. It's just frustrating. It's not a matter of sanity, I just die from dmg. No CDs because I had to use them for the elite, my silence has 1 min cd and typhoon does basically nothing because mobs start casting again. At two stacks of debuff they outdamage me spamming heal with defensive cd... And waiting for cds or planning pulls around Gift of the Titans is impossible in mage quarter because of still high (despite current max cloak rank) sanity loss.

It feels really bad to fail the whole run to a trash pack, but wtf, no idea what can I do here. I mean, I know what I can do and I'm already on it - level a dh, but it's basically just for this because i prefer to do anything on my main...

EDIT: And just to add, im talking about 5 masks ofc.
    I had the same problem, and then I decided to crowd control the big elem and LoS and kill the 2 casters behind the tower in my 5 mask runs. It's just one single pack. The second one near the tower is a big faceless with an elem, you should just interrupt the elem and kill him. The third pack (which is on the way to the elite with rain of fire) consists of 1 caster and 1 elem, you should interrupt the first cast on elem and burn the caster before 2nd cast.

Welp, tried SW for the last time today. Game just bitchslapped me, with not a single sanity potion in cathedral - dwarven and on the way to Shaw. Two terrible gift procs with fire breath killing some critters. First elite in Old Town procced revive cause I got walled by my ghosts and the elite used breath. Then another combo from the second elite with tentacle ground and ghosts around me. Think I understand the message.

I'll try Org tomorrow, but if I won't be able to clear that one with at least a reasonable confidence, then I guess that activity is just too hard for a player of my "caliber", so the only reasonable thing will be unsub and come back when they (inevitably) nerf it.

I wish the difficulty levels were more smooth, instead of "ez, ez, ez, ez, SUPER FUCKING HARD".

No mask version is okay, except they should reduce the need of interrupts so much so that casters don't hate life.

Masks are an interesting challenge, but mostly just add a ton more annoyances that make getting chain CC'd more likely and more punishing. Masks should have just a single hard mode trigger (a red button? ) that increases damage and health by 50% of all mobs and maybe makes it teeming (more mobs in general).

Then completely rework the scaling so that a normal full clear wasn't trivial at rank 11 cloak (clearly it is balanced around mask runs now). Also rework the gear rewards. Better ilvl to start with 440 (instead of 420) and scale up to the HM full clear which gives a 470.

Right now if you're going to max potential for loot (since corruption can be good even on lower ilvl pieces) you'd have to run 8 times a week to get maximum loot/RNG potential.

Don't use Fire breathing potions if you have enough dps for bosses. Just not worth it with Gift's fucking ups imo.

Welp, tried SW for the last time today. Game just bitchslapped me, with not a single sanity potion in cathedral - dwarven and on the way to Shaw. Two terrible gift procs with fire breath killing some critters. First elite in Old Town procced revive cause I got walled by my ghosts and the elite used breath. Then another combo from the second elite with tentacle ground and ghosts around me. Think I understand the message.

I'll try Org tomorrow, but if I won't be able to clear that one with at least a reasonable confidence, then I guess that activity is just too hard for a player of my "caliber", so the only reasonable thing will be unsub and come back when they (inevitably) nerf it.

I wish the difficulty levels were more smooth, instead of "ez, ez, ez, ez, SUPER FUCKING HARD".
    5 chest run is not hard dude. Just level up your cloak. I hate it as well, and not the greatest player these days...but I did 5 chest run just when I got my cloak to like rank 10...Edit: Feral druid, about Item level 450. Missing 1 essence for BIS, some corrupted items.

Granted, 5 mask run is the real issue. If gearing over time wont make it easy I might just buy a gold carry...I see trade full with them already. Also fuck Stormwind...Ogrimmar is so much easier, cba even playing it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    5 chest run is not hard dude. Just level up your cloak. I hate it as well, and not the greatest player these days...but I did 5 chest run just when I got my cloak to like rank 10...Edit: Feral druid, about Item level 450. Missing 1 essence for BIS, some corrupted items.

Granted, 5 mask run is the real issue. If gearing over time wont make it easy I might just buy a gold carry...I see trade full with them already. Also fuck Stormwind...Ogrimmar is so much easier, cba even playing it.
    What does buying a 5-mask run get you? Other than the 470 loot.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    What does buying a 5-mask run get you? Other than the 470 loot.
    Nothing, actually. Only one piece of 470 each week, which is imo not worth the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Nothing, actually. Only one piece of 470 each week, which is imo not worth the gold.
    You also get a mount if you do both Org and SW, as well as all the masks for transmog. There is also the benefit of loads of corrupted mementos so you can eventually get teh backpack transmog and mount. There is also the free socket on anything i suppose, but i cannot imagine anyone who buys horrifc vision runs also care that much about their DPS.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You also get a mount if you do both Org and SW, as well as all the masks for transmog. There is also the benefit of loads of corrupted mementos so you can eventually get teh backpack transmog and mount. There is also the free socket on anything i suppose, but i cannot imagine anyone who buys horrifc vision runs also care that much about their DPS.
    You get a mount for not-soloing them? I thought you only get cool stuff when you solo both 5 masked.
    More Mementos, yes, but you need to buy many, maaany runs if you really want to get boosted just for this stuff. Way cheaper to just run 2/3/4 masked runs, whichever is the savest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You get a mount for not-soloing them? I thought you only get cool stuff when you solo both 5 masked.
    More Mementos, yes, but you need to buy many, maaany runs if you really want to get boosted just for this stuff. Way cheaper to just run 2/3/4 masked runs, whichever is the savest.
    When you do it solo you get a title.
    The amount of mementos you get from a 5 mask run is pretty significant compared to a 4 mask run if you are consistently good at it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

I have max rank cloak. How would that even help when it's not the passive sanity drain that's a problem? Also "it's not hard" yeah I guess that's why majority of people still didn't do it, they are too lazy for ez pz 470 loot.

Also, melee. So hardly surprising you find it a lot easier.