Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Well cloak upgrades makes a huge difference. Also corruptions.
    Corruptions are a double-edged sword, especially in visions. I always run visions at a corruption level sub 20 as movement with Mask of the Pained and Burned Bridge is so heavily restricted that bad corruption proccs can quickly get you killed.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-03-05 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You're conveniently forgetting the fact that she's ranged, you still need to avoid the eye, dodging Darkened Sky is harder than Thrall's frontal, kicking the bombs still takes time/doesn't always work perfectly and she can cast Polymorph through LoS after you try to position the eye. The only downtime on Thrall is when he starts with middle eruption and maybe 2 seconds of Hopelessness. Add Burning Bridge to that and it gets rather crowded.
    Being ranged doesn’t matter. Darkened Sky has patches around her that are open. Her hit box is big enough you can still hit her if a patch is 1/2-3/4 of the way under her. Kicking the bombs is instant and can be done without stopping damage. You don’t need to position the eye, you just don’t look at it. Poly is simply interrupted and I’ve never seen her cast it while you need to hide and LoS something else.
    I also stated that I am not comparing her to Thrall as I agree he is easier, but that’s not the point I’m debating. I simply stated I don’t understand how people act like there’s some insane amount of downtime on Alleria. Between chains and LoS’ing Eruption (if you aren’t damage reducing/immunity) there’s maybe 10-30 seconds of downtime on her. Less downtime if you do immune the Eruption cast. Considering she lasts a few minutes that is not a big amount. Hell, a full clear no mask run she takes about a minute and you don’t even need to LoS Eruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Corruptions are a double-edged sword, especially in visions. I always run visions at a corruption level sub 20 as movement with Mask of the Pained and Burned Bridge is so heavily restricted that bad corruption proccs can quickly get you killed.
    Anything below 40 is fine. Having a good twilight devastation, mindflay tentacle or echoing void as a tank makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its now even more crystal clear that SW sucks massive balls. I probably can clear OG twice as fast as SW.
    I for one am hoping that the current "Stock up as many coalescing visions/vessels as you like"-change will cause so many people to wait out SW-weeks, saving up their stuff for Org runs, that Blizz *finally* gets the message, SW visions suck...

Anything below 40 is fine. Having a good twilight devastation, mindflay tentacle or echoing void as a tank makes a huge difference.
    Okay yeah, as a tank sure. I was talking from the perspective of a melee dd.

Filthy casual

Run M5 max, usually M3, don't raid

Reached ilvl 450 or so on my main, a Paladin

Multiple alts, at least one of each class at 120

Have all the allied races unlocked

Visions are a terrible, uninteresting grind fest, reminiscent of D3 in the wrong ways

Corruption is a shit RNG mechanic

Az. gear being tired to spec is shit

ESSENCES NOT BEING ACCOUNT BOUND

Unsubscribed until SL
    Last edited by Elsif; 2020-03-05 at 04:24 PM.

I like the idea of visions, much like I liked the idea of islands. In actuality, I don’t enjoy either very much. There’s a lot of similarities with islands and visions which is why I kind lumped them together. I know that the torghast tower will be based off the ai for visions, so I’m hoping they get it right for SL

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Stormwind Week means Skip week as far as 3+ masked are concerned. Stormwind is just anti-fun.

Hmm, right, Iris 3 in a week, Conflict and Strife r3 in a week, Breath R3 in a week, Lucid R3 in a week, yes, indeed. Blood of the Enemy R3 in a week absolutely possible if you're grinding battlegrounds non stop for 8 hours a day. Fun? Fucking hell no.
    >Most. Even though some take 2-3 weeks instead it's not actually an issue. I've rerolled twice since BoD and it took me a week each time to be up to par with my previous main.

Visions? I do them for cloak-upgrades, other than that I dont find them as fun to repeat them.

I've started enjoying them more now that my cloak levels are a bit higher and I can start doing runs with masks on. Though leaden foot plus that chaos elite in the middle of the mage quarter...that's just unfair.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I've started enjoying them more now that my cloak levels are a bit higher and I can start doing runs with masks on. Though leaden foot plus that chaos elite in the middle of the mage quarter...that's just unfair.
    It' s satisfying to get through that add with 5 masks, leaden and split personality tbh
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I found them fun for the first...5?
    Now at a level 11 cloak, the thought of doing enough to get to up to 15, and then maaaaaybe bothering on my alts makes me want to not log in. They distinctly feel like a repetitive chore at this point.
    So it’s the usual carrot on a stick wow approach?

Congrats, you got the carrot! Your reward: another carrot, farther away. Repeat endlessly until burnout...

I know they want to pretend that they’re producing enough content to last months and months for people who only play one char, but this approach has killed the game for me. It’s repetitive with no end in sight, and more importantly it leaves alts hopelessly behind. As a rabid class and spec shuffler during my decade of playing, this has taken away all my ability to keep the content fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

It could be way more interesting if the affixes weren't so cancer.

As it is now, I DON'T enjoy them but I do them because I need the grind/farm for cloak, mount and sockets. And need the 5 mask version of SW. After that, going back to 4 masks and slow pace.
    Thanks for the heads up!

This. I've got two r1 TD and a rank 1 EV (Also got r2 but too much corruption).

TD is insane as I tend to do big pulls whenever the gift is off ICD, and when TD procs it destroys stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Kind of dumb there's a few boss abilities that drain your sanity and are not avoidable. At least let us LoS the polymorph.
    I agree. The polymorph is VERY annoying with 5 masks, since, if you get poly'd, you start wandering in place, which spawns void zones under you (burned bridge mask) that drain a hefty chunk (daredevil mask) your already halved sanity (long night mask) and due to Lead Foot madness, you can't immediately get out of it due to heavy slow thanks to the stacks you accrued while moving around while poly'd.

Another unavoidable sanity drain ability is the Voidcrazed Hulk in the Valley of Wisdom in Orgrimmar. There's no warning or cast bar for the throw ability he does that saps your sanity.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Well cloak upgrades makes a huge difference. Also corruptions.
    Still nowhere near as easy as mage tower at almost max ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Still nowhere near as easy as mage tower at almost max ilvl.
    That's true, but MT at max ilvl and an overpowered Artifact didn't happen until months after patch release.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

No, they are boring AF... I just do them to keep my cloak up to speed and did one fullclear (without masks) for each side to get that achievement and pet reward.

Ultra boring game mode imho but meh, I need that cloak ranked up to max for the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    That's true, but MT at max ilvl and an overpowered Artifact didn't happen until months after patch release.
    Didn't need artifact overload to breeze thru mage tower. Basically month after release of last raid mythic, people already had breezed thru it.

Same as now, ~month after mythic raid release I'm at 472 equipped. And I can't steamroll it despite having like 10 corrupted items (at disposal) including TD R3, Stars R2 and various other corrupted items. I won't be gettin much stronger than I am today. And can't steamroll it with my lock

I did my first full clear with 2 masks last night (solo, tank)
    Pained and Imagination
    Feel like I do 4 with easy, but not sure about the first mask. This week was the first week i attempted a mask run, with the first mask i managed to get 4/5 areas done, but I don't have the last upgrade to my cloak yet (400 mementos away)