Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I must have been mistaken, I thought the achievements and rewards were only if you soloed a 5-mask clear.
    Oh...shit, I actually dont know if that is the case now. I just figured it would work in co-op...nothing on wowhead so far https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...masks#comments
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

And there we go:

So today I finished it on my hunter ~464 ilvl with TD3 and gushing wound. Random essences focusing iris 3, worldvein 3, breath 2 and vision 1. (you can actually look up my alt on wow armory)

On the first run, so hunter is ez.

I also did 5 masks solo run with my demo lock, on second try. However my lock has considerably better geared (475 i think). I only gotten myself cheat death on lock today so I didnt check out stormwind yet.

Demo lock is however boss destroyer, aside from stupid rexar and his pets, no other boss can hold a candle to fat tyrant which eats bosses on breakfast.
    That being said, you just need to track your gift and make sure that gift procs on the boss fight (so if it procced recently, just wait about a minute till starting boss).

Other than that don't be afraid to go slow. trashes are not a problem, neither the "affixes" are.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And there we go:

So today I finished it on my hunter ~464 ilvl with TD3 and gushing wound. Random essences focusing iris 3, worldvein 3, breath 2 and vision 1. (you can actually look up my alt on wow armory)

On the first run, so hunter is ez.

I also did 5 masks solo run with my demo lock, on second try. However my lock has considerably better geared (475 i think). I only gotten myself cheat death on lock today so I didnt check out stormwind yet.

Demo lock is however boss destroyer, aside from stupid rexar and his pets, no other boss can hold a candle to fat tyrant which eats bosses on breakfast.
    That being said, you just need to track your gift and make sure that gift procs on the boss fight (so if it procced recently, just wait about a minute till starting boss).

Other than that don't be afraid to go slow. trashes are not a problem, neither the "affixes" are.
    Clearly doctored screenshot. It's not even close to December!

/s

Anyway, looks like rewards in Visions will be guaranteed to be Corrupted starting next week so yet another reason to do them. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Anyway, looks like rewards in Visions will be guaranteed to be Corrupted starting next week so yet another reason to do them. Woo!
    Wait what? Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311619/...rupt-next-week
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Hotfix from blue tracker! It'll happen with weekly reset coming next week.

I love them. Currently working on 5 masks (died on Thrall at 69%). If I can perfect it a bit, I will have a full orb when I reach him. Really tough as an Enhancement with 462 ilvl.

I'm enjoying them, but I don't think I have the skill to be able to get the 5-mask solo mount I was aiming for. I have unlocked all of the masks and yesterday I did a full 1-mask run without using any orbs, so I was pretty proud about that, at least.

Next week I'm going to try two masks and see how that goes, but I'm not overly optimistic I'll be able to do much more than 2-3. My ilvl is at 452 and I doubt it'll get much higher than that given I don't have time for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Time to save vials for next week, unfortunately it's gonna be Stormwind for all the SW haters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Next week I'm going to try two masks and see how that goes, but I'm not overly optimistic I'll be able to do much more than 2-3. My ilvl is at 452 and I doubt it'll get much higher than that given I don't have time for raids.
    Dunno how do you feel about m+ but it's a good idea to do at least 1 per week for guaranteed corrupted item, a lot of them will be trash but it allows to build a pool of potentially good corruption combos over time, and it helps in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Time to save vials for next week, unfortunately it's gonna be Stormwind for all the SW haters.
    You know, the only thing I hate about SW is the Mage Quarter. Constantly stuck in combat and I keep getting turned around in there on the way to the objectives. Blech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno how do you feel about m+ but it's a good idea to do at least 1 per week for guaranteed corrupted item, a lot of them will be trash but it allows to build a pool of potentially good corruption combos over time, and it helps in the long run.
    I don't have any confidence in my ability to do M+ runs...I would not want to subject a group to me. At least in the visions the only one I'm screwing over is myself. Not to mention all of that time spent looking for a group--the last few times I dared try to dip my toe into M+ waters it took me nearly an hour to find a group that accepted my signup. And that was just for an M2 or M3. I gave up after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Achives bro...They will prolly get removed in shadowlands aka FOS. Its the most important part to get them done of any 8.3 achives added to the game. I can grind loot/currency in other ways...
    FoS probably will be removed, other achievements will stay as expansion features

Oh yeah, the start of the Mage Quarter can be really dangerous if you you're low on sanity for the dumb reason that you locked in combat from mobs crawling towards you from miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Oh yeah, the start of the Mage Quarter can be really dangerous if you you're low on sanity for the dumb reason that you locked in combat from mobs crawling towards you from miles away.
    Not just at the start...it happens to me at pretty much any point in that morass. There's also some ability that a few of the mobs cast that seems to take HUGE chunks out of my life and I'm not seeing what it is--particularly since they're supposed to be focused on my pet (I play Hunter) and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Is it even worth to attempt masked runs now, or is it better to wait until your cloak is rank 15?
    I would do it just for the 470 corrupted loot, and the achievements of course.
    4 Masks are honestly pretty easy for me and easy 465 loot. But if I had one complaint it's the HUGE difficulty spike the 50% sanity mask brings. That's honestly where the real challenge lies.

I'm a healer main playing ret who tried a 5 mask run today. All of my azerite traits are for healing and I never received and special corrupted DPS items. I went into Rexxar with full sanity and took it slow to handle the boars. But I honestly don't even have the DPS to take him down just from the slow ticking sanity drain from being in a lost zone. I suspect Thrall would be a similar case.

Oh yeah, and ignore all the peeps claiming everyone should be roflstomping a 5 mask clear by now. They are just being elitist.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-03-12 at 08:19 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it even worth to attempt masked runs now, or is it better to wait until your cloak is rank 15?
    Considering that the hotfix is only active next week, you can't get guaranteed corruptions anyway. And since it will be Stormwind week, maxing out the cape might be a better solution. Even if it's only 5% increase in sanity drain resistance, it adds to several minutes worth in the course of the entire instance. Besides, it's not like you cannot do 4 x 4 masks run and only do +5 afterwards.

That's assuming you're not playing something like Demon Hunter or any other class that laughs at 5 masks. I did it on a Priest and I can't say it was enjoyable. When your only real burst is Obsidian Claw during Gift, even weaker elites can be a nuisance at times - and horribly long cooldown on interrupts isn't helping things, either. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to doing 5 masks weekly, at least until I get some better corruptions to smooth things out.

15+ Year Old Account
    At the very least do a run to get the Mask of Dark Imagination once you get your first full clear, then do 1-mask full clears, as that one doesn't really affect you at all once you have a decently progressed cloak and skill tree, since it just occasionally spawns an extra mob below 50% sanity.

If you're already at Rank 14 and don't have the other masks unlocked, might as well focus your first three runs next week on finishing the cloak, then start experimenting with masks. But if you already have masks unlocked at Rank 14 you can probably push multiple masks already. It's only the Long Night that really significantly impacts you.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-03-12 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering that the hotfix is only active next week, you can't get guaranteed corruptions anyway. And since it will be Stormwind week, maxing out the cape might be a better solution. Even if it's only 5% increase in sanity drain resistance, it adds to several minutes worth in the course of the entire instance. Besides, it's not like you cannot do 4 x 4 masks run and only do +5 afterwards.

That's assuming you're not playing something like Demon Hunter or any other class that laughs at 5 masks. I did it on a Priest and I can't say it was enjoyable. When your only real burst is Obsidian Claw during Gift, even weaker elites can be a nuisance at times - and horribly long cooldown on interrupts isn't helping things, either. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to doing 5 masks weekly, at least until I get some better corruptions to smooth things out.
    its not even about having good corruptions, it's about knowing what to pull and when to pull it.
    all classes can rofl 5mask clears at this point. All.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    4 Masks are honestly pretty easy for me and easy 465 loot. But if I had one complaint it's the HUGE difficulty spike the 50% sanity mask brings. That's honestly where the real challenge lies.
    Honestly, I think it's much less about the 50% sanity (or 400% sanity damage) and more about those two combined.

I can easily do a 4 mask clear with one or the other with zero orb or death until Thrall (where I use one just for the hell of it.)
    With 5 mask clear, fortunately this week is particularly easy, but I'm still having to use an orb (or a death) before I get to Thrall.

Rexxar's pigs are a huge PITA for both my runners.
    And while he's not particularly dangerous the previous zone miniboss (with that stupid missile stun) is so annoying when I play my lesser geared fury warrior.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Weeks of doing them repeatedly for the quest has made me realise that horrific visions are more boring than Island Expeditions. Jesus they’re so boring.

Loving the hell outta vision, but I might be sliiiiightly biased being a BM hunter...

Started comfortably doing 5 mask org runs this week while collecting all tve chests, crystals and killing every single mob in the place for maximum mementos. Don't know if I'll be able to do that in SW tho, that place is trash compared to org. Being 471 with juicy corrruptions help loads too, ngl.