Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, if someone has trouble 5-masking as a 570+ BM with GoTT research, then they're doing something horribly wrong. Should be very comfortable indeed.

Anyway, my strategy on Rexxar for those having trouble: Go Drag -> VoH first. Make sure you have Gift off CD because it will hopefully proc when you kill the boars. So you orb, pop a potion, pop drums, blow every cd, use purification protocol when multiple boars come at you, and burn Kekxar down. Drums will be up again for Thrall if you take this route. On my last run with 5 masks, I had 500 sanity, death proc and 1 orb left before Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It really depends on your class and spec. For my 5 mask Org run this week on my 456 Ret I had two orbs unused and nearly full sanity when I got to Thrall. And I got a 470 wrist with good stats and tier 3 Twilight Devastation. So yeah, it's certainly worth trying to get 5 mask clears.
    Imo the important thing is to play carefully. Speed is not what's important, the passive sanity drain at high cloak levels is not that big of a deal. CC is the problem. mess up one thing and then one effect can chain into another and eat through your sanity. On my 4 mask run I spend like 800 sanity on rexxar because I missed the haunting vision which had me run into a trap and then get hit by the fleshbeasts all with rexxar at 4%

- - - Updated - - -

Are the crystals even worth it?
    if you have them mapped out it'll 100% be worth it

Did they buff the out of bounds damage? I was running on my alt and while doing the skip on Rexxar's map I was taking way more damage, to the point that my cheat death proced. Second time I had to heroic leap out of it.

I'm still enjoying them, doing 5-mask runs consistently feels good. It will get old eventually because it doesn't have an endless scaling like m+ and there are only 2 visions total, so low variation once you get your route down (madnesses don't really make you take different paths tbh).
    The upcoming change to have 100% corrupted items is a nice incentive, but it should have been that way from the start. Most likely run 1-2 a week for the 470 and 465 and call it a day.

Just another time sink which rewards poorly, I hate visions just as much I hate M+ (M+ give too big reward as it should, and it should be OPTIONAL not required for raiding).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Just another time sink which rewards poorly, I hate visions just as much I hate M+ (M+ give too big reward as it should, and it should be OPTIONAL not required for raiding).
    The time when raiding was the only option for top gear is gone. M+ and Raiding should be their own thing, rewarding equivalent gear. I also don't wanna raid, so I hope tier set bonuses never make a return.

I have done all on my main solo, which is fun in itself. Just waiting for the rank 15 cloak next reset for the meta. But yesterday I did a couple of runs with 2 other guildies of mine, and us being annoyed to hell from scorching feet and what not and then laughed after was hilariously fun!

So bring some easily annoyed friends and have a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    The time when raiding was the only option for top gear is gone. M+ and Raiding should be their own thing, rewarding equivalent gear. I also don't wanna raid, so I hope tier set bonuses never make a return.
    It would make sense if M+ gear would be useless in raiding, and raiding gear should be useless in M+. I want raid but ALL guilds I have been into require people to do M+ ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    It would make sense if M+ gear would be useless in raiding, and raiding gear should be useless in M+
    If this was the case, you'd see the raiding scene generally go away entirely within 2 expansions.

I can say that I enjoy the visions even more now at cloak 14. I'm able to comfortably clear all wings solo, and I'm starting to experiment with the masks.

It'll keep me occupied a couple times /week for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well, going Rexxar last gives you the chance to pick all possible buffs in the earlier zones. Also, if you die to him, you'll still have 3 chests, so that's better than nothing.
    Hm. I hadn't considered the buffs. I usually do Drag, him, open Spirits, Wisdom, back to Spirits. Might have to alter my itinerary.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hm. I hadn't considered the buffs. I usually do Drag, him, open Spirits, Wisdom, back to Spirits. Might have to alter my itinerary.
    I only go rexxar last because wisdom > spirits flows naturally into the back of vos. if you do your gift timing correctly, you should have a gift proccing right when you open the gate to the drag to kill the elite there.

Of course if you just stall in VoS before going into the drag it doesnt really matter.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was getting into them, but now I just don't care anymore. I should still aim to max my cloak, but my only motivator is Wrathion's backpack.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can say that I enjoy the visions even more now at cloak 14. I'm able to comfortably clear all wings solo, and I'm starting to experiment with the masks.

It'll keep me occupied a couple times /week for sure.
    I did my runs before I upgraded my cloak to 14 and am able to comfortably do 1 mask complete runs, so I'm hoping with the 14 or 15 I'll be able to do 2-3 mask runs easily. I REALLY want to do a 5 mask run once just for the mount, but I'm not at all confident in my skill.

Still, it's fun trying out new things on the runs, especially now that it doesn't take forever to build up enough Whispering Whatsits to buy each chance.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If this was the case, you'd see the raiding scene generally go away entirely within 2 expansions.
    Not sure about that judging from how many people in my raiding guild barely do 1 m+ per week or none. Yes, m+ has its audience but far far from truth that everyone only raids to get gear for m+. Actually the opposite is much more true. 90% of people do m+ because it's the most efficient way to get gear and maybe 10% does it for "the challenge" and pushing the score.

Similar thing for pvp, pvp used to have separate gear progression and separate stats and at least pvpers didn't complain they have to raid to get gear for pvp. And raiding was still fine.

The biggest thing that ruins participation in raiding is when other activities award things that are making you better in raiding than raiding itself (that applies to gear, leggos, essences you call it). Then people have a pile of "chores" in front of them to make their character "raid ready" or "optimal in raiding" and they just peace out.

I wouldn't change my route if I were you; I've found that yours is the best because it lets you use drums on both Kexxar and Thrall. Besides, the dmg and crit buffs (if present) will still be available to you before you defeat any of the bosses. The only big offensive buff you'll miss is haste from VoS.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I did my runs before I upgraded my cloak to 14 and am able to comfortably do 1 mask complete runs, so I'm hoping with the 14 or 15 I'll be able to do 2-3 mask runs easily. I REALLY want to do a 5 mask run once just for the mount, but I'm not at all confident in my skill.

Still, it's fun trying out new things on the runs, especially now that it doesn't take forever to build up enough Whispering Whatsits to buy each chance.
    Mask runs are more about Gift of the Titans than cloak ranks themselves - obviously you need some minimum, but you'll have it by the time you research this upgrade. Sure, every little % helps, but this proc is so incredibly powerful that it trivializes things that used to be dangerous. Just like Elite Extermination suddenly made doing a full run possible.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I think Horrific is amazing content, It has a good enviromental content around it. Daily quest tie in into currency that translate into vision entries, the more visions you do the stronger you get with the claok, and you unlock research points, cosmetics and sockets. It has optional difficulty and it's content i've been doing every week with great enjoyment. I honestly hope that Torgasht tower takes a lot from visions.

This is not bad, but like everything else in BfA, it is designed for melee (with some exceptions).
    If you are a caster, you have to cry and a sham ele tells you, who does a ful run with 5 masks and objectively it is more complex to do them than a DH, DK, Warr and Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Did they buff the out of bounds damage? I was running on my alt and while doing the skip on Rexxar's map I was taking way more damage, to the point that my cheat death proced. Second time I had to heroic leap out of it.
    This! On Wednesday it was still working, but when I was doing it yesterday it procced my revive when I was 2/3 through (and I was full sanity when entering, 4 masks so no Long Night). I think they nerfed/fixed it, too bad there's no info about it because it's huge. It could potentially ruin a 5 mask run...

Rexxar is imo the most deadly boss in Org so I guess it makes sense to go to him last. At worst you get chests from other areas.