Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Oh yeah, the start of the Mage Quarter can be really dangerous if you you're low on sanity for the dumb reason that you locked in combat from mobs crawling towards you from miles away.
    Not just at the start...it happens to me at pretty much any point in that morass. There's also some ability that a few of the mobs cast that seems to take HUGE chunks out of my life and I'm not seeing what it is--particularly since they're supposed to be focused on my pet (I play Hunter) and not me.

Is it even worth to attempt masked runs now, or is it better to wait until your cloak is rank 15?
    I would do it just for the 470 corrupted loot, and the achievements of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Is it even worth to attempt masked runs now, or is it better to wait until your cloak is rank 15?
    4 Masks are honestly pretty easy for me and easy 465 loot. But if I had one complaint it's the HUGE difficulty spike the 50% sanity mask brings. That's honestly where the real challenge lies.

I'm a healer main playing ret who tried a 5 mask run today. All of my azerite traits are for healing and I never received and special corrupted DPS items. I went into Rexxar with full sanity and took it slow to handle the boars. But I honestly don't even have the DPS to take him down just from the slow ticking sanity drain from being in a lost zone. I suspect Thrall would be a similar case.

Oh yeah, and ignore all the peeps claiming everyone should be roflstomping a 5 mask clear by now. They are just being elitist.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-03-12 at 08:19 AM.

I am Murloc!
    Considering that the hotfix is only active next week, you can't get guaranteed corruptions anyway. And since it will be Stormwind week, maxing out the cape might be a better solution. Even if it's only 5% increase in sanity drain resistance, it adds to several minutes worth in the course of the entire instance. Besides, it's not like you cannot do 4 x 4 masks run and only do +5 afterwards.

That's assuming you're not playing something like Demon Hunter or any other class that laughs at 5 masks. I did it on a Priest and I can't say it was enjoyable. When your only real burst is Obsidian Claw during Gift, even weaker elites can be a nuisance at times - and horribly long cooldown on interrupts isn't helping things, either. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to doing 5 masks weekly, at least until I get some better corruptions to smooth things out.

At the very least do a run to get the Mask of Dark Imagination once you get your first full clear, then do 1-mask full clears, as that one doesn't really affect you at all once you have a decently progressed cloak and skill tree, since it just occasionally spawns an extra mob below 50% sanity.

If you're already at Rank 14 and don't have the other masks unlocked, might as well focus your first three runs next week on finishing the cloak, then start experimenting with masks. But if you already have masks unlocked at Rank 14 you can probably push multiple masks already. It's only the Long Night that really significantly impacts you.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-03-12 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering that the hotfix is only active next week, you can't get guaranteed corruptions anyway. And since it will be Stormwind week, maxing out the cape might be a better solution. Even if it's only 5% increase in sanity drain resistance, it adds to several minutes worth in the course of the entire instance. Besides, it's not like you cannot do 4 x 4 masks run and only do +5 afterwards.

That's assuming you're not playing something like Demon Hunter or any other class that laughs at 5 masks. I did it on a Priest and I can't say it was enjoyable. When your only real burst is Obsidian Claw during Gift, even weaker elites can be a nuisance at times - and horribly long cooldown on interrupts isn't helping things, either. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to doing 5 masks weekly, at least until I get some better corruptions to smooth things out.
    its not even about having good corruptions, it's about knowing what to pull and when to pull it.
    all classes can rofl 5mask clears at this point. All.

Oh, people do them..and have done them for weeks. Check out youtube, some nicely explained runs on different speccs and chars. It just depends on how good your gear is, do you have favorable corruption effects and are you good at playing your class.

Yeah...I have already the "It is too easy now with all the good gear to 5 mask anything" - but meh....really you need to find that out for yourself.

I think at cloak lv 11 or so, suddenly a full clear was a breeze. Since I don't raid, my gear is like ilv 445 and I am definitely not the best player in the world. I only have collected 2 masks so far and did like one full clear with the Burning Bridge mask.

But there are guys (one video I saw was from an enhancement shaman) who did a 5 mask clear without even using a sanity orb. Which really is the scope of the players, I bet. Even at claok 15, I swear there will be some who cannot do a full clear and then we have everything inbetween.

My immediate goal is to unlock the "We have the technology" achievement and get the backpack transmog...and the cloak to lv 15. Then I take it from there.

Like I said: What class are you, what specc, what ilv, what corruption and what have you managed to do by now? The first mask you get cuts your sanity in half..so I only used that to grab the next mask. Do some easy mask runs first, like with 1-3 to test the water

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    4 Masks are honestly pretty easy for me and easy 465 loot. But if I had one complaint it's the HUGE difficulty spike the 50% sanity mask brings. That's honestly where the real challenge lies.
    Honestly, I think it's much less about the 50% sanity (or 400% sanity damage) and more about those two combined.

I can easily do a 4 mask clear with one or the other with zero orb or death until Thrall (where I use one just for the hell of it.)
    With 5 mask clear, fortunately this week is particularly easy, but I'm still having to use an orb (or a death) before I get to Thrall.

Rexxar's pigs are a huge PITA for both my runners.
    And while he's not particularly dangerous the previous zone miniboss (with that stupid missile stun) is so annoying when I play my lesser geared fury warrior.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Weeks of doing them repeatedly for the quest has made me realise that horrific visions are more boring than Island Expeditions. Jesus they’re so boring.

Loving the hell outta vision, but I might be sliiiiightly biased being a BM hunter...

Started comfortably doing 5 mask org runs this week while collecting all tve chests, crystals and killing every single mob in the place for maximum mementos. Don't know if I'll be able to do that in SW tho, that place is trash compared to org. Being 471 with juicy corrruptions help loads too, ngl.

Yeah, if someone has trouble 5-masking as a 570+ BM with GoTT research, then they're doing something horribly wrong. Should be very comfortable indeed.

Anyway, my strategy on Rexxar for those having trouble: Go Drag -> VoH first. Make sure you have Gift off CD because it will hopefully proc when you kill the boars. So you orb, pop a potion, pop drums, blow every cd, use purification protocol when multiple boars come at you, and burn Kekxar down. Drums will be up again for Thrall if you take this route. On my last run with 5 masks, I had 500 sanity, death proc and 1 orb left before Thrall.

It really depends on your class and spec. For my 5 mask Org run this week on my 456 Ret I had two orbs unused and nearly full sanity when I got to Thrall. And I got a 470 wrist with good stats and tier 3 Twilight Devastation. So yeah, it's certainly worth trying to get 5 mask clears.
    Imo the important thing is to play carefully. Speed is not what's important, the passive sanity drain at high cloak levels is not that big of a deal. CC is the problem. mess up one thing and then one effect can chain into another and eat through your sanity. On my 4 mask run I spend like 800 sanity on rexxar because I missed the haunting vision which had me run into a trap and then get hit by the fleshbeasts all with rexxar at 4%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Started comfortably doing 5 mask org runs this week while collecting all tve chests, crystals and killing every single mob in the place for maximum mementos. Don't know if I'll be able to do that in SW tho, that place is trash compared to org. Being 471 with juicy corrruptions help loads too, ngl.
    Are the crystals even worth it?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It really depends on your class and spec. For my 5 mask Org run this week on my 456 Ret I had two orbs unused and nearly full sanity when I got to Thrall. And I got a 470 wrist with good stats and tier 3 Twilight Devastation. So yeah, it's certainly worth trying to get 5 mask clears.
    Imo the important thing is to play carefully. Speed is not what's important, the passive sanity drain at high cloak levels is not that big of a deal. CC is the problem. mess up one thing and then one effect can chain into another and eat through your sanity. On my 4 mask run I spend like 800 sanity on rexxar because I missed the haunting vision which had me run into a trap and then get hit by the fleshbeasts all with rexxar at 4%

- - - Updated - - -

Are the crystals even worth it?
    if you have them mapped out it'll 100% be worth it

Did they buff the out of bounds damage? I was running on my alt and while doing the skip on Rexxar's map I was taking way more damage, to the point that my cheat death proced. Second time I had to heroic leap out of it.

I'm still enjoying them, doing 5-mask runs consistently feels good. It will get old eventually because it doesn't have an endless scaling like m+ and there are only 2 visions total, so low variation once you get your route down (madnesses don't really make you take different paths tbh).
    The upcoming change to have 100% corrupted items is a nice incentive, but it should have been that way from the start. Most likely run 1-2 a week for the 470 and 465 and call it a day.

Just another time sink which rewards poorly, I hate visions just as much I hate M+ (M+ give too big reward as it should, and it should be OPTIONAL not required for raiding).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Just another time sink which rewards poorly, I hate visions just as much I hate M+ (M+ give too big reward as it should, and it should be OPTIONAL not required for raiding).
    The time when raiding was the only option for top gear is gone. M+ and Raiding should be their own thing, rewarding equivalent gear. I also don't wanna raid, so I hope tier set bonuses never make a return.

I have done all on my main solo, which is fun in itself. Just waiting for the rank 15 cloak next reset for the meta. But yesterday I did a couple of runs with 2 other guildies of mine, and us being annoyed to hell from scorching feet and what not and then laughed after was hilariously fun!

So bring some easily annoyed friends and have a good laugh
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    The time when raiding was the only option for top gear is gone. M+ and Raiding should be their own thing, rewarding equivalent gear. I also don't wanna raid, so I hope tier set bonuses never make a return.
    It would make sense if M+ gear would be useless in raiding, and raiding gear should be useless in M+. I want raid but ALL guilds I have been into require people to do M+ ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    It would make sense if M+ gear would be useless in raiding, and raiding gear should be useless in M+
    If this was the case, you'd see the raiding scene generally go away entirely within 2 expansions.