Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If this was the case, you'd see the raiding scene generally go away entirely within 2 expansions.
    No, since M+ I see raiding guilds to disappear ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Finished Stormwind 5 masks last week with cancer combo "Leaden Foot + Split Personality", never again.

Anyone have an overview for all of the special mobs you can kill for buffs in HV?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's assuming you get the proc - the chance is really high, but it's not 100%. If you get it after the second pig, you might be quite a bit behind on sanity.
    Everything is highly dependent upon class/spec. As a boomy on 5 mask clears, I also use drums on Rexxar, pop CA on pull, kill pigs as the come, treants/silence the last two, fights probably over in 15 seconds or less from start to finish. If you don't have interrupts/silences to stop the casts in the conventional method, stuns/knockbacks/immunities/<insert CC that works on beasts> work too. What I used to do for Rexxar (and I do it for Thrall now since I have 3 orbs when I get to him on 5 mask clears now) is just drop a sanity orb against a wall so the pig knockback doesn't bump me out of the room and take my time killing boards since you're immune to sanity drains... and the effective area of the sanity orb is much larger than the graphic. If Gift of the Titans procs, great... but I don't rely on it for killing major bosses.

In fact, I tend to rely on Gift of the Titans for killing certain elites instead as they tend to have unavoidable sanity loss mechanics (where boss sanity loss abilities can pretty much all be avoided/stopped in some form). For example, the elite in Org (forget his specific name) that picks you up and throws you is pretty much unavoidable sanity loss for most people. SW has a similar one in the Trade District, where the elite will chain cast and one interrupt alone is not enough. Fortunately, such elites can be killed within their respective zones at your leisure, so you can kill trash mobs in the area until GotT procs... then engage the elite immediately for 20 seconds of sanity loss prevention and increased DPS output as a bonus.

All this being said, I've found the elites I've mentioned above WAY more dangerous than the bosses themselves across multiple classes/specs. Regardless, if we consider our cloak's sanity loss reduction at level 14, it's still very feasible to take some sanity loss from elites/bosses and not feel pressured. Maybe Umbric in Stormwind is an exception, as he's dumb on so many levels and avoiding constant sanity drain is a chore for most. He's the only boss I always make sure I engage with full sanity on a 5 mask run, as I know I'm going to be taking a decent chunk of sanity damage since I'm only going to get one interrupt off the entire fight (and the cast is never at pets, either).

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Anyone have an overview for all of the special mobs you can kill for buffs in HV?
    There should be some articles on Wowhead that describe them. They certainly aren't required, even for a 5 mask clear, but some are nice. Only ones I'll even bother getting are the 10% damage buff in Dwarven District (where you dodge mines inside the building to get it on the 2nd floor) and the starting area in Org (he's in the blacksmith building near where the bad potion hut is located). There's some haste/crit ones that are nice, but there are versatility/HP ones that are fairly meh. The 10% damage ones are not only reliable, but also they're easy to obtain and generally have you killing mobs you'd normally kill anyways... basically, the time cost of getting this buff is pretty low in both SW and Org. Just keep in mind only two buff will be available per run, and each run will be different in terms of what's available.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-03-14 at 07:26 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Any mage had success with Mirror Images on Rexxar? I did one try with Rexxar and images, it was nuking Rexxar until he somehow gone outside the hutt and reseted. No vessels for another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Any mage had success with Mirror Images on Rexxar? I did one try with Rexxar and images, it was nuking Rexxar until he somehow gone outside the hutt and reseted. No vessels for another try.
    Probably one of the images got knocked out of the hut by a boar.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    No, since M+ I see raiding guilds to disappear ...
    Problem wasn't JUST m+ (even though it contributed, many people care about getting gear and m+ provides faster way than raiding), the same expansion that introduced m+ introduced also AP / leggo grind, which made people quit or go casual and not bother. It also introduced titanforging, which again made people step down from more demanding difficulties into the easier ones because they could get 80% of the result for 20% of the effort.

A lot of people quit from raiding because of all the out-of-raid activities they were expected to do to "keep up with the Joneses", and that includes the weekly m+ chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Problem wasn't JUST m+ (even though it contributed, many people care about getting gear and m+ provides faster way than raiding), the same expansion that introduced m+ introduced also AP / leggo grind, which made people quit or go casual and not bother. It also introduced titanforging, which again made people step down from more demanding difficulties into the easier ones because they could get 80% of the result for 20% of the effort.

A lot of people quit from raiding because of all the out-of-raid activities they were expected to do to "keep up with the Joneses", and that includes the weekly m+ chest.
    It is not only about loot, time is also huge factor.
    M+ takes 30-40 min while raiding about 3 hours straight which is huge strain on irl or just simply boring or my back start to hurt.
    I rather do M+ 6 times for 30 min with 30 min breaks inbetween than raiding 180 min straight.
    Also, I dont need to be on discord listening to stupid jokes or raid-leader refusing to chance tactics.

And I must say I really enjoy M+, it is kinda strange it didnt get boring to me so far. Not that I do some high end keys, I do all from 3-15 on 4 characters. Just love it, raiding cant come even close to it for many reasons.

Anyone using Kbab foods for the 5-mask runs? I'm still not sure I'll be able to do them (I'm not bad, just losing my reflexes as I get older), but maybe if I can stop and chain-eat a few of those sanity-restoring foods it might help supplement the orbs? I dunno, just brainstorming while waiting for the cloak upgrade unlock this coming week.

The 20% movement speed from Baked Voidfin sounds like it'd be a plus there too.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-03-15 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Anyone using Kbab foods for the 5-mask runs? I'm still not sure I'll be able to do them (I'm not bad, just losing my reflexes as I get older), but maybe if I can stop and chain-eat a few of those sanity-restoring foods it might help supplement the orbs? I dunno, just brainstorming while waiting for the cloak upgrade unlock this coming week.

I use the movement speed one. From an overall point of view that gives me the most edge through the vision. Using 10 second to get 100 sanity is something you need to see for yourself. I think I would lose on that overall tbh. And it's a 3min cd on it.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

I use the speed food for every run. But for chugging the sanity food, you can should use them if you feel as if you're just barely missing your ideal time. Most of the time, the thing that's going to mess people up in 5 mask runs is getting caught in the wrong combo and losing all their sanity at once.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-03-15 at 05:35 AM.

The sanity food is incredibly useful if you're struggling to keep up. It has a 3 min CD, so you can't chain eat them, but 100 sanity every 3 min is still a lot over the course of a run. Ideally you want to eat in the starting area whenever you can since the passive sanity drain is at its lowest there. The other food buffs are fantastic too. It'll depend on your class/spec, but personally I find the health regen one to be by far the most useful since it basically makes you immortal. When you're regaining 2% health every second you can ignore most of the incoming damage and just focus on DPSing and avoiding sanity mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Rexxar's pigs are a huge PITA for both my runners.
    Rexxar is not that bad if you don't go in with guns blazing. He doesn't summon his boars on a timer, but at certain % stages of his HP. So if you DPS him relatively slowly, he'll summon his boars more slowly, giving you enough time to focus on the boars.

And while he's not particularly dangerous the previous zone miniboss (with that stupid missile stun)
    That one is also really easy. I'm assuming you're playing melee. Just move away from him (10-20 yards is fine) as he starts the cast, and then run to the side, circling around him while he channels. You'll dodge his missiles easily.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

No, i do not enjoy them. Because they are effort gated by doing other content first. If they were not effort gated, i would probably like them.

I would not wonder if effort gating will be the next new big thing for the devs, so you have to farm first before you even may join a dungeon or a scenario in future. Those devs with their rotten attitude always look for ways to enhance /played, while they should add a lot of content and enhance gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    No, i do not enjoy them. Because they are effort gated by doing other content first. If they were not effort gated, i would probably like them.
    Do you just afk in Stormwind/Ogrimmar all day hating on the game? Because everything requires effort but your time on these forums have been filled with nothing but hate and disdain for the game and its developers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you just afk in Stormwind/Ogrimmar all day hating on the game? Because everything requires effort but your time on these forums have been filled with nothing but hate and disdain for the game and its developers.
    No, actually doing dungeons does not require any effort before you join them. Blizzard should stick to that instead of moving the key content behind more and more brickwalls.

This is just another way to force people to play gameplay they do not like, to even allow them to join a scnenario. More costs for less fun gameplay.

Fuck that, i am sick of the devs attitude.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-15 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The sanity food is incredibly useful if you're struggling to keep up. It has a 3 min CD, so you can't chain eat them, but 100 sanity every 3 min is still a lot over the course of a run. Ideally you want to eat in the starting area whenever you can since the passive sanity drain is at its lowest there. The other food buffs are fantastic too. It'll depend on your class/spec, but personally I find the health regen one to be by far the most useful since it basically makes you immortal. When you're regaining 2% health every second you can ignore most of the incoming damage and just focus on DPSing and avoiding sanity mechanics.
    From what I read it actually provides 200 sanity. 100 if you spend 10 seconds eating and another 100 if you spend the remaining 10 seconds eating. I'm going to have to fool around with these when I start attempting 2-3 mask runs just to see if I can find a good balance there. I'm a BM hunter so my pet generally takes all of the damage, so I'm thinking the 20% speed buff would be a better fit for me.

From what I read it actually provides 200 sanity. 100 if you spend 10 seconds eating and another 100 if you spend the remaining 10 seconds eating. I'm going to have to fool around with these when I start attempting 2-3 mask runs just to see if I can find a good balance there. I'm a BM hunter so my pet generally takes all of the damage, so I'm thinking the 20% speed buff would be a better fit for me.
    That has been hotfixed. It restores only 100 sanity now.

Also for BM hunter you don't really need anything tbh. If you are somewhere around 460, you clear it without any buffs, flasks, food whatsoever. No need to even skip anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    No, actually doing dungeons does not require any effort before you join them. Blizzard should stick to that instead of moving the key content behind more and more brickwalls.
    How do you level without effort? How do you get the required item level without effort? The fact that Blizzard uncapped the currency is proof that there isn't much effort required to do the Visions because people were getting to many rewards. If you don't like the "effort" required to get the currency you can't like the game play it is unlocking because the is equally "effort".

It isn't the developers attitude that is a problem here. It is likely long past time for you to move on even more so given your vulgar view of the developers mentioned in other threads.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Rexxar is not that bad if you don't go in with guns blazing. He doesn't summon his boars on a timer, but at certain % stages of his HP. So if you DPS him relatively slowly, he'll summon his boars more slowly, giving you enough time to focus on the boars.
    I know that. The problem is that I play fire mage, so my option is to throw everything at once and hope my ignite kills it all (I've at times just used it all and then iceblocked which usually works), or risk fucking it up because outside of cooldowns my damage is trash. It's less of a problem on my fury warrior because I can indeed just take them out one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That one is also really easy. I'm assuming you're playing melee. Just move away from him (10-20 yards is fine) as he starts the cast, and then run to the side, circling around him while he channels. You'll dodge his missiles easily.
    I know about running out, but it's annoying, especially when my gear isn't great:
    Do damage; shield pops up (which I usually struggle to destroy before the cast is finished)
    Run away while doing no damage
    Charge in, hope he doesn't do a shield again.

He's just annoying.
    Speciation Is Gradual