Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, because i can do it solo, then i wanna do and how i wanna do

I like the challenge.

I can 4 mask without using a single Orb... but I failed on 3 separate 5masks this week. I finally cleared a 5mask (barely, during the DDoS), and the sense of accomplish was amazing.

I love it. I'll probably do 1 4mask and 1 5mask each week and use the rest of my vessels for carry runs

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Your water elemental is not affected by leaden foot so you can stand like a telephone pole in the middle of mage arena and you order your elemental to move his ass fast to mage thus canceling his channel.

Trash is never a challenge here. You run in as far as you can, aggro everything and mow them down. Dunno why leaden foot is a problem here. Since you don't loose time on trash anyways. Or you can use ur water elemental to pull trash to you.
    Umbric is not the problematic spot? I am talking about the Lost Areas in general. In Mage Quarter, I would pull everything from the entrance to the Warlock portal keeper but unfortunately, the Tumors get me in combat and make my speed 1% which means I cannot continue moving (and no you cannot send your Water Elemental to the other side of the map where you cannot see it and I'd get killed while waiting for it to go and come back even if I could). Which means that I have to kill each pack one by one. This doesn't make me struggle. But it makes me implement a different tactic. Which means I do notice it. Now tell me, are you able to simply ignore Leaden Foot in that situation and pull the entire zone somehow miraculously not getting slowed down by Leaden Foot? Or do you indeed kill mobs one by one and thus play around LF. If you were originally not pulling the entire zone and killing mobs one by one... then it's not that you weren't *noticing* Leaden Foot. You were simply underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I find this content so trivial that I'm trying to sell five mask runs but I've not figured out a way to stop the passive sanity drain from killing the carry before he can tag the boss.

I can manage getting each boss to spawn without using more then 2 orbs in sw but people with low cloaks simply bleed out from not gaining the bonus sanity from killing mini bosses with long night up.

As for your problem with movement... I'm doing this with a dk I'm assuming if your struggling with a mage your doing something horribly wrong.
    Hmm. Why do you think that if you are managing fine with DK, then it must be just as easy on a mage, considering that one is a caster and one is not? That is illogical. But even though mage is a caster, no I am not struggling. There is a big difference between struggling and "didn't notice it existed". You have to play around Leaden Foot. That means you notice it. My original post in this thread was quoting kaminaris, who was claiming not to have even noticed it (as a caster).

No poll? No I do not like them. Timed content where the reward is more time to do the timed content is boring, the visoons by their very design are repetitive, it is not fun or rewarding.

I decided to do full clear, and i mean FULL clear of SW today. Some interesting things I discovered:

- in Old Town inn there's a big pack inside. When you kill the mobs, a rare appears
    - in the canals wine shop there is a mob who makes wine out of blood
    - when you get near the Stormwind Keep (close to the void wall), Wrathion says "Not the keep, champion. This is the only vision I'd rather not see." (afraid to see what happened to Anduin?)
    - somewhere else in the canals there is a cat on some crates. When you kill a rat nearby, the rat changes into a human and the cat jumps down to eat him
    - i was trying to trigger the children in cathedral somehow, but to no avail

Sadly, nothing changed after above lol. Maybe the rare in Old Town can drop something, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Are the crystals even worth it?
    Not if you risk failing the run. Finding all 10 gives 425 extra mementos...9 gives "only" 360. From what I found out, just clearing with 5 masks rewards 2800, 5 masks, all chests around 4500 and 5 masks, all chests, all crystals can go up to 4925

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    In this thread: "Mad world is so easy now"

Meanwhile: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world

Attained by 1% of profiles

Doesn't exactly strike me as easy.
    As I said in the "Mad World" thread....ppl like to show off...and you can't even usually check if they completed it. The ppl who did it are in ilv 460 and beyond. Basically anyone can take a look at the 5 mask clear videos that you find on youtube and decide for themselves if that would be "easy" for them. And ofc everyone can try it out for themselves. I am always taken aback ho annoying visions become on a low rank cloak alt or an alt doing them first time.

But also...yeah...there will be the odd guys and gals who will indeed find it easy....with the proper class and the proper skill. I mean...I bet Messi and Ronaldo think soccer is easy

At first, I absolutely hated them. Now that I can slaughter my way through it and actually explore a little, I'm enjoying them.

Bad players should not be listened to by the devs.

Listen to hardcores. Listen to semi-hardcores. Listen to casuals.

Just never listen to bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    In this thread: "Mad world is so easy now"

Meanwhile: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world

Attained by 1% of profiles

Doesn't exactly strike me as easy.
    All the people claiming 5 masks are easy are just trying to bait. Just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    All the people claiming 5 masks are easy are just trying to bait. Just ignore them.
    With gear/skill/class, it's possible they are easy for a select few. The problem is those people trying to speak for a majority.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    With gear/skill/class, it's possible they are easy for a select few. The problem is those people trying to speak for a majority.
    It is easy for people that care about doing it, and have been doing visions and other difficult content for the past 2 months. The majority of the players don't even play the game, they farm mounts and transmog from 3 expansions ago - of course nothing relevant is going to be easy for them. But taking them in account is pointless.

The entrance price is too high and most mechanics are just annoying instead of genuinely fun

These years it feels blizzard is designing content with intent to infuriate and frustrate the player...
    BfA = second worst product ever made by Blizzard.
    War3 Reforged took the title for worst product.

For my main, DK, it is indeed easy.
    For my alts spriest/boomkin, it's not as easy. spriest is fine because of selfheal, but I struggle with my boomkin.
    Completely depends on gear/knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    or which is more liekly those people are already 470+ geared with fully developed trees + bis corruption + flasks/food/pots visions food etc

coming here and making fun out of 430 , no corruption , no abilities in tree people.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    430 , no corruption , no abilities in tree people.
    Is around 1-5 cloack lvls since 2+ months of runs and emissary chests give you 450+ ilvl. If you don't play your char what right do you have to whine about content difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Is around 1-5 cloack lvls since 2+ months of runs and emissary chests give you 450+ ilvl. If you don't play your char what right do you have to whine about content difficulty?
    100% this, lol. if you did the absolute bare minimum (greater assault every week only) you'd have an almost maxed talent tree, 10-12 cape and 445-450 equipped, which is way more than you need to full clear with no masks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or which is more liekly those people are already 470+ geared with fully developed trees + bis corruption + flasks/food/pots visions food etc

coming here and making fun out of 430 , no corruption , no abilities in tree people.
    they deserve to be made fun of.
    if you don't gear/progress your character, how can you expect to clear content?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    100% this, lol. if you did the absolute bare minimum (greater assault every week only) you'd have an almost maxed talent tree, 10-12 cape and 445-450 equipped, which is way more than you need to full clear with no masks.
    I thought the recent discussion was around 5-mask runs. I don't really see many people complaining about no masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I thought the recent discussion was around 5-mask runs. I don't really see many people complaining about no masks.
    I do 3-4 on my 450 enhance shaman. Its probably possible to do 5 with what I have but I cba to try (loathe daredevil in stormwind)
    5mask runs are 100% just proccing gift at the right time and having enough dps to burn an elite with +125% increased hp/damage in the 20 second window

(I got my mad world a while ago, it isn't hard at all. Stormwind is harder than orgrimmar, but this is a very easy week for stormwind.)
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-03-20 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    (I got my mad world a while ago, it isn't hard at all. Stormwind is harder than orgrimmar, but this is a very easy week for stormwind.)
    Ah, see, this is the point of contention, I think. It may not have been hard for you, but that doesn't mean it won't be hard for others. Not because they are woefully undergeared or "lazy". RNG, class/spec, etc.. all have a role in the makeup of these runs, so their mileage may vary.

For myself, I'm a BM Hunter at about 452 ilvl and have maxed my cape (except for this week--I need to do two more runs for the quest items) and maxed skill tree (apart from purely group-related skills) but I have had poor luck in getting corrupted items with decent attributes/effects (I have 3-4 all with +crit effects...RNG strikes again), I don't seem to be able to get many Gift procs during boss fights--even after waiting a full 2 minutes before engaging--and frankly, as a guy with probably more years behind me than ahead of me at this point, my reaction speed is slowing down. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing a 5-mask run at all, but I'm at least enjoying myself trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Ah, see, this is the point of contention, I think. It may not have been hard for you, but that doesn't mean it won't be hard for others. Not because they are woefully undergeared or "lazy". RNG, class/spec, etc.. all have a role in the makeup of these runs, so their mileage may vary.

For myself, I'm a BM Hunter at about 452 ilvl and have maxed my cape (except for this week--I need to do two more runs for the quest items) and maxed skill tree (apart from purely group-related skills) but I have had poor luck in getting corrupted items with decent attributes/effects (I have 3-4 all with +crit effects...RNG strikes again), I don't seem to be able to get many Gift procs during boss fights--even after waiting a full 2 minutes before engaging--and frankly, as a guy with probably more years behind me than ahead of me at this point, my reaction speed is slowing down. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing a 5-mask run at all, but I'm at least enjoying myself trying.
    just get the WA that tracks gift cd.
    you are at the low end and probably dont do enough damage to kill the 1 mob in stormwind that sucks ass, the unbound corruption in the mage quarter, but it really doesnt matter too much on bosses since most of the sanity damage is avoidable.

Actually, all of mage quarter sucks with low itemlevel.

+crit (Severe) is your best corruption as BM fyi. You're prob gonna see more bursty shenanigans with like TD, but severe is what you should really be going for