Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I can't believe people think mage tower was easy like visions. Seriously, we are on the same tier visions were released and it's so damn easy right now that it's sad. I don't even know why there's a FOS linked to it.
    Mage tower was easy in ToS gear.
    Mage tower released before ToS did, though. Same tier, but there was like a couple weeks before Tomb released in earnest

Well what a coincidence, I changed to enhanc a few weeks ago and I'm doing way better as enhanc, it's much easier. Not that it's a surprise, visions are a pain for casters in general.

I know, the % of people that can actually run 5 masks is pretty low, but let's not fool ourselves, the vast majority of players is extremely bad, you should never compare you with the average.

All solo dude. I was running duo with a friend in the beginning but he stopped doing visions for some time now. Currently I'm playing 8 toons:

-Enhanc shaman
    -Prot Pally
    -Brewmaster monk
    -Fury warrior
    -Frost Mage
    -Destro lock
    -Outlaw rogue
    -Spriest

Since last week I've been doing 5 masks full clears with all toons without putting any effort at all. Even the alts I had no confidence were pretty easy, I should have tried 5 masks before with them. Heal food helps a lot as well.
    Wow, 5 masking on 8 characters? Thats a lot of dailies/assaults, pretty hardcore.
    Btw, what ilvl are those characters? Im 5 masking on shaman and dk, but on 450 brewmaster cant do 3 masks, low dps

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah I did a 5 mask run today and it was painfully easy. Not even remotely as hard as it was last time I tried it. Guess my complaint is the game doesn't actually give you time to improve, but rather, it nerfs the content down to you. Like I missed the bandwagon to actually be challenged.

As I said before, this is why challenging content and limited attempts don't mix well together. Another point for Mage Towers.
    it was challenging when all the good players got it, 2-3 weeks ago.
    cape basically hard nerfs the visions. but eh, they made something that they know the low hanging fruit can get so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Yeah but there were 36 total mage towers. I only did it on 5 characters (so 15 total), but that took a while and gave me a reason to actually play and gear my alts with a goal in mind. I did visions because I felt obligated to for the power increase, but I won't ever return to them or do them on alts because I find them tedious and uninteresting.
    the challenge of doing all 36 mage towers was leveling 12 toons to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Wow, 5 masking on 8 characters? Thats a lot of dailies/assaults, pretty hardcore.
    Btw, what ilvl are those characters? Im 5 masking on shaman and dk, but on 450 brewmaster cant do 3 masks, low dps
    I only do assaults on my alts and main, that's like 3 assaults per toon, not that much to be honest.

They are all 460~470. And yes, brewmaster fucking sux if you don't have echoing void/twilight devastation or even twisted appendage, which I don't. It's the toon that takes the most time to complete a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Another point for Mage Towers.
    i did mage tower after like 5-10 tries for each of my 3 specs, then that content was over.
    only reason i didnt get all 3 done day one was because of the currency cost, yes each attempt did cost quite a grindy amount in the beginning, people seem to have forgotten that.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-03-26 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    the challenge of doing all 36 mage towers was leveling 12 toons to 110.
    I've had every class around max level since Wrath, so that wasn't really an issue. I only did 5 because I wasn't enjoying the others at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I've had every class around max level since Wrath, so that wasn't really an issue. I only did 5 because I wasn't enjoying the others at the time.
    it was a tongue in cheek statement, fam

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i did mage tower after like 5-10 tries for each of my 3 specs, then that content was over.
    only reason i didnt get all 3 done day one was because of the currency cost, yes each attempt did cost quite a grindy amount in the beginning, people seem to have forgotten that.
    Wow I actually completely blanked out the currency part from my mind.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    The bugs are starting to irk me.
    The jumping madness (hot feet or whatever) cost me one try because it made my toon jump towards one wall in a Drag hut and I became stuck.
    Doing the Shaman zone today and it tossed me into one of the Troll huts and I got stuck. That affix makes me think "I should've mained a Hunter" every single time it comes up.

Well what a coincidence, I changed to enhanc a few weeks ago and I'm doing way better as enhanc, it's much easier. Not that it's a surprise, visions are a pain for casters in general.

I know, the % of people that can actually run 5 masks is pretty low, but let's not fool ourselves, the vast majority of players is extremely bad, you should never compare you with the average.
    You changed a few weeks ago? So when did you do 5 masks first and with what spec exactly? I cant really see how Ele would be harder than Enhanc, specially in SW.

The average skill level is really bad indeed but I don't think it's right to put them down.

Horrific Visions are great. Granted, I main a DH currently but they offer weekly replayability. The corruption item lottery is something to look forward to every reset. The only thing I was bit surprised about is how much easier visions keep getting all the time. In fact I think they were pretty intimidating at low cloak ranks and barely no research. At cloak rank 15 and nearly a full research the Orbs aren’t needed at all even at 5 Masks because sanity just doesn’t drain any faster than you’re killing stuff.

That said, I think a lot of games make this mistake that the games are actually easier at the end than in the beginning. Felt like that in Doom Eternal this weekend also. Better guns, all the upgrades, suddenly everything’s a joke. 5 Mask feels a lot easier with full cloak and research than 0 Mask was in the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    You changed a few weeks ago? So when did you do 5 masks first and with what spec exactly? I cant really see how Ele would be harder than Enhanc, specially in SW.

The average skill level is really bad indeed but I don't think it's right to put them down.
    After I did 5 masks as elemental I changed to enhanc the next week, I was just waiting for a weapon to change. Sure Alleria is easier as ranged but that's the only part where ranged is better than melee in visions, too much movement which is annoying for casters in general.

It's not "put them down" it's judging visions for what it's at the moment. At the moment, full clearing without needing any orb or the cheat death and elite extermination not even granting full 200 sanity because sanity is just not a problem anymore is kinda sad.

After I did 5 masks as elemental I changed to enhanc the next week, I was just waiting for a weapon to change. Sure Alleria is easier as ranged but that's the only part where ranged is better than melee in visions, too much movement which is annoying for casters in general.

It's not "put them down" it's judging visions for what it's at the moment. At the moment, full clearing without needing any orb or the cheat death and elite extermination not even granting full 200 sanity because sanity is just not a problem anymore is kinda sad.
    But you need to remember that if 5 Masking was challenging even at 470 ilvl and good corruptions like Twilight Devastation, maxed cloak and research, then they would be nearly impossible before reaching that point. And then we’d talk about time gating and so on and people would complain 5 Mask is only for raiders etc.

It’s just the nature of the game in MMOs unless the difficulty scales infinitely like in M+. Someone wouldve done a 10 Mask already if it existed.

No.

Rank 14-15 doing Visions 4 times was an absolute borefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    No.

Rank 14-15 doing Visions 4 times was an absolute borefest.
    yeah with full research and max cloak 5 mask pretty damn easy, even when i fuck up alot i still have 2 orbs and cheat death to spare.
    so no matter your class and gear, if you cant do a 5 mask with rank 15 cloak and full research, you are just a terrible player.

i want a 6th mask that increase the mob hp/dmg/sanity drain and increase the time sanity drain. and we can stack it infinitely, but it should become impossible to complete at some point, like 3 xtra mask youd have to play perfect to complete.
    wearing the 6th mask could reward another 470 loot and more mentos. if you want a 3rd 470 youd have to wear 2 xtra masks, etc.

Well orgrimar was kinda easier for hunter and about the same difficulty for warlock. I didn't manage to 5mask no orb with lock. Had to use at least 1 orb. Not saying it's impossible, but i feel more confident with hunter since pet is much tankier. And hunter... well, i just destroyed everything. Used a potions but no orb and no cheat deaths:

And as I said, lead foot practically doesn't exist for ranged casters, and definitely doesn't exist for hunter.

Scorched Feet is just so damn annoying. It's completely beyond me how anyone at Blizz thought that is a good "affix".

And what's up with Bwemba? Is his hex avoidable in any way? His hex + Burned Bridge + Scorched Feet is just terrible.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Scorched Feet is just so damn annoying. It's completely beyond me how anyone at Blizz thought that is a good "affix".

And what's up with Bwemba? Is his hex avoidable in any way? His hex + Burned Bridge + Scorched Feet is just terrible.
    Don't interrupt him and he might decide to spam lightning instead. At very least, he'll always hex if you break his main spell.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Don't interrupt him and he might decide to spam lightning instead. At very least, he'll always hex if you break his main spell.
    Nah, it's range. If you stay at max range he only casts that lightning spells, but if you get close he will hex. That's why you don't interrupt if you are ranged.

I am Murloc!
    Nah, it's range. If you stay at max range he only casts that lightning spells, but if you get close he will hex. That's why you don't interrupt if you are ranged.
    Not really? Had him hex my on my priest and spam lightning on my monk. Either way, it's not like this is some major issue. Burned bridge does minimal sanity loss and he shouldn't hex more than twice at worst.