Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are "oneshot" groups okay?

When it comes to raid progession (no matter what difficulty it is) we have two groups in a simplified version:

Group 1) People who have progressed.

Group 2) People who have not progressed yet.

Naturally Group 2 often would like some help from Group 1.

Now the questions are:

Should Group 1 feel obliged to help Group 2 even though it means they would have to spend time reprogressing the content? Or is it fair to want a quick reclear of content which they have already beaten?

Should people from Group 2 stop expecting help from Group 1 and instead make raid-teams with other people from Group 2 so they can progress together?

Edit: I realize now that this sounds like a guild scenario, but it’s not meant to be. Group 1 and Group 2 are representations of the player base in general. My bad.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-29 at 10:08 AM.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a single day.

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for the rest of his life.

Basiclly help people become self-Sufficiant and don’t just Boost or carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I was under the impression that the question was strictly guild group related with no PuGs or LFD people. Sorry if i misunderstood something.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-05-29 at 10:10 AM.

I agree very much with this if it's people from your guild or people you play with often.

But if it's a complete stranger that you will never see again, then it's hard to be motivated to help them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
    Give a man poisoned fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

And since you can form group yourself, you might as well have no experience and only invite curved people lol.
    It worked since MoP.
    You can boost yourself with minimal effort.

I don't get this thread mate. The previous one was fine, but this? It's just for baiting other people?

It's obvious that it's your group and you can expect them to have like 12/12M before nerf, 5k r.io and 3k arena score for normal Wrathion... because you're the leader, it's YOU who dictates the conditions for YOUR group. You are not responsible to teach other people to play the game(they can watch YT videos and read guides). And anyone who says otherwise is retard. Period.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-05-29 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't get this thread mate. The previous one was fine, but this? It's just for baiting other people?
    No not at all. I would like to hear peoples opinions on this matter.

It's meant to very directly address an issue which often divides people. No need to beat around the bush

Are you going to open up a threat with the same narrative everyday now?
    “I am good should I feel obligated to play with baddies???”

10+ Year Old Account

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He’s a grown man. Fishing’s not that hard.

-Ron Swanson
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    When it comes to raid progession (no matter what difficulty it is) we have two groups in a simplified version:

Now the questions are:

Should Group 1 feel obliged to help Group 2 even though it means they would have to spend time reprogressing the content? Or is it fair to want a quick reclear of content which they have already beaten?

Should people from Group 2 stop expecting help from Group 1 and instead make raid-teams with other people from Group 2 so they can progress together?
    Do the groups consist of players from the same guild?
    It would be wise to spread knowledge from time to time, either let people with no progress come on farm/progress bosses now and then or have some mainraiders go with their alts for group 2.

Do the groups consist of random players?
    Free for all, do what you want.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Are you going to open up a threat with the same narrative everyday now?
    “I am good should I feel obligated to play with baddies???”
    Not at all. I jus would like to hear peoples opinion on this subject, because a lot of people seem to think that the raiding scene is unfair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Do the groups consist of players from the same guild?
    It would be wise to spread knowledge from time to time, either let people with no progress come on farm/progress bosses now and then or have some mainraiders go with their alts for group 2.

Do the groups consist of random players?
    Free for all, do what you want.
    The groups are the player base in general. But it’s probably most relevant in relation to pugging

Depends.. Are you a good leader or a bad one?
    A leader’s only goal is to bring out the best in his subordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

Now the questions are:

you forgot about most important 3rd group - the largest :

who who didnt progress but set idiotic requirements to get carried in instance

thats where raider.io and ridiculous itlv req and AoTC came from

I find it kinda sad everytime I see casuals or ppl who never did proper end game content crying about those, who put the effort and endured the pain to learn everything, that they dont want to take them into the good groups and call them elitists, cocky or toxic...If ppl dont have rio, achieves, gear or friends to help them, they shouldnt expect getting carried all the time.
    Another story is when you talk about lets say guild r1 and r2. Obviously guilds are about working together, so I wouldnt use a word "obliged", but it is a good thing if R1, who is more experienced with probably better players comes to help the rest of the guild, right?

Wow, tbh that is just BS. If you don't know tactics for a hc boss, you are too lazy to watch a 2 minute video. I really don't understand why I should make my HC run 4,5, or even 6hrs instead of two, because some people are to lazy to invest 30 minutes into watching a guide.

I am not saying you should never help, but not chosing to help people is not a dick move, helping people is just a nice move.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Depends.. Are you a good leader or a bad one?
    A leader’s only goal is to bring out the best in his subordinates.
    It was not meant to be a guild scenario. But I realize that it sounds like one. I changed this in the OP.

no one is obliged to do anything in this game, what the fuck is this thread even
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

If you can't boost a couple of scrubs through piss easy heroic content, then you aren't as good as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If you can't boost a couple of scrubs through piss easy heroic content, then you aren't as good as you think.
    But should you be obligated to do it?

Everyone can make a group and invite anyone he wants by any principles he wants. If you have a problem with it then it's "you' problem.

If you don't like his rules, make your own group with your own rules. It's that simple. Honestly I don't see how there is anything to discuss here at all.

But that is not the case here, this is the fisher that feels entitled for you to feed him, he doesn't wanna learn to fish. He doesn't wanna study any fights at all, he is perfectly fine being ressed after he died. And he also does not wanna join any raid that is not curve only, even though he himself has none.

Are there exceptions? A few probably, but most people that wanna learn joins a guild that fits their schedule